• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top Model Watchers - What's Your Opinion?

My favorite was Claire, but then it was pointed out that her look was the same in every one of her photos. Lauren was my next choice, but I knew she wouldn't make it past a commercial shoot. When I first saw Fatima I thought, "what a great story this girl has," BUT then as the show went on I thought, "please let something happen so she has to go away!" :grumpy: She is sooooo whiny and her skin drives me crazy!!

Should Fatima have been kicked off ANTM 10 for breaking the rules?

• Other (indicate in post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
chefann
Gold Member
I know there are some other folks around here who watch America's Next Top Model. And I'd like to know what you think.

If you saw the episode that aired on April 16, you remember that Fatima had an issue with her travel documentation. Turns out, she isn't a US citizen, and because she had (supposedly) lost her paperwork during a trip to Atlanta, she doesn't have a valid passport, just temporary travel papers (and then only because she picked them up from the embassy as shown in that episode).

The official rules for ANTM indicate that participants must be citizens of the United States, and must have current, valid passports. For those 2 reasons, Fatima should have been kicked off the show, even before taking the missed photo shoot into account.

Personally, I can't stand Fatima. I think she's stiff, ugly, and too full of herself. But the judges seem to love her, and that's probably why they didn't enforce the citizenship and passport rules.

Your opinion?

I haven't seen it in the past few episodes, but I can't stand her and she should be kicked out for not following the rules.

I don't like it when popularity trumps rules that would be applied to a less favorable candidate. I say boot her off and I don't even watch the show. Rules are Rules, and she wasn't honest, and you should not be given special treatment- especially if you are not a trustworthy person.

I can not stand her either and think she should have gotten the boot. I also can not stand Whitney's additude.

I don't watch that show and haven't the slightest idea of who you are talking about. But, if she broke the rules then she should be history!

btw: I have seen ANTM before, just not this season (or last season either). :)

When I first saw Fatima I thought, "what a great story this girl has," BUT then as the show went on I thought, "please let something happen so she has to go away!" :grumpy: She is sooooo whiny and her skin drives me crazy!! As a model you are supposed to have gorgeous skin, especially when you're trying to be a "Cover Girl." Her skin is such a mess!! :yuck: :yuck:

This should come as no surprise, but my favorites were Claire and Lauren. I loved Claire's confidence and her dedication to her daughter :love: and I loved Lauren's awkwardness. Lauren really impressed me because this wasn't something she dreamt of her whole life, so she was completely out of her comfort zone and she was still blowing the judges away.

Since they are both gone I want Anya to win.

Go Anya!! :balloon: :balloon:

I wanna see a plus size model win, so I'm hoping for Whitney as much as she grates on my nerves. LOL

Debala715 said:
I wanna see a plus size model win, so I'm hoping for Whitney as much as she grates on my nerves. LOL

I think it would be a pleasant surprise, BUT Whitney has gotten so annoying in the past few weeks that I don't think she can pull it off! :(

I'm glad Whitney has gotten farther than any previous plus-size model they've had. But, you're right - her "pageant" attitude needs to change.At first, my favorite was Claire, but then it was pointed out that her look was the same in every one of her photos. Lauren was my next choice, but I knew she wouldn't make it past a commercial shoot.

daniellemorgan said:
When I first saw Fatima I thought, "what a great story this girl has," BUT then as the show went on I thought, "please let something happen so she has to go away!" :grumpy: She is sooooo whiny and her skin drives me crazy!! As a model you are supposed to have gorgeous skin, especially when you're trying to be a "Cover Girl." Her skin is such a mess!! :yuck: :yuck:
I still am in a state of shock about her photo in the paint shoot, when she had, um... ungroomed armpits visible. What person who is aspiring to be a model doesn't know that it's important to keep things neat? :yuck:

I haven't been watching it regularly this season, but sounds like she should have gotten the boot. There was another show... I think it was "so you think you can dance". The same kind of situation... but, the guy was an AMAZING dancer (sounds like the girl on ANTM shouldn't be a model). Anyhow, he got kicked because the rules clearly stated that he had to be in the country legally or whatever. He came back the next season. You gotta follow the rules!

I remember that. They at least filtered him out before they cut the field to 16.

chefann said:
I still am in a state of shock about her photo in the paint shoot, when she had, um... ungroomed armpits visible. What person who is aspiring to be a model doesn't know that it's important to keep things neat? :yuck:
:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: Fatima:yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

My favorite is still Model A.
meandsonja.jpg

I dont watch the show either but I think if she broke the rules then she should be totally out. I havent watched it cause DH hates the show.

I think this has been a weird cycle. I thought Stacey Ann looked great in her photos, but her voice drove me insane.I love Whitney's look, and I would love to see a plus-size winner. However, she doesn't seem to know the difference between "bubbly and energetic" and "annoyingly fake and over-the-top." As for her attitude, I get the sense that it's a defense mechanism. I mean, she's a beautiful, healthy young woman surrounded by very thin women in an environment that celebrates thinness. I'd probably be a bit defensive, too.Lauren takes amazing photos, but she has zero personality in interviews/panel. She also seems to come across as having no class at times. The red carpet moment when she used profanity comes to mind.Naomi should never have been allowed to compete. The rules are clear. Once it had been discovered that she was ineligible, she should have been removed. One of my pet peeves is people who ignore the rules. As for the underarm thing, that could be cultural. I know that many countries don't view pit hair the same way we do. Of course, this is America's Next Top Model, so you might want to follow the American cultural standards. I also thought Claire was great until they mentioned that she always looked the same. A single dimension does not make a career.

Last edited:
raebates said:
Lauren takes amazing photos, but she has zero personality in interviews/panel. She also seems to come across as having no class at times. The red carpet moment when she used profanity comes to mind.
You hit the nail on the head with this assessment. She needed a few lessons in etiquette and deportment. Plus, she should have really been practicing her walk at the loft. For all we know, she could have been, but there was never any footage of that aired.

raebates said:
Naomi should never have been allowed to compete. The rules are clear. Once it had been discovered that she was ineligible, she should have been removed. One of my pet peeves is people who ignore the rules. As for the underarm thing, that could be cultural. I know that many countries don't view pit hair the same way we do. Of course, this is America's Next Top Model, so you might want to follow the American cultural standards.
Do you mean Fatima? She moved to the US several years ago (which is why she's listed as being from Boston). She's surely been in this country long enough to see some fashion magazines and the grooming trends therein.

Oops. Yes. I meant Fatima. I know she's lived in the US for a number of years, but she isn't an American citizen, which I thought was a requirement, and she didn't have the paperwork she needed to travel. As for the grooming thing, yes, she should have known that would be expected.

Gotcha. That was my point as well. :)(It's early, and I haven't had any coffee yet!)

So am I a horrible person to be dancing around the living room with glee as Fatima was eliminated? I am so pleased with the outcome this season!
(I won't say who won, so as not to spoil it for those who haven't seen yet.)

chefann said:
So am I a horrible person to be dancing around the living room with glee as Fatima was eliminated?

I am so pleased with the outcome this season!
(I won't say who won, so as not to spoil it for those who haven't seen yet.)

Nope, I'm dancing around too for the same reasons!!!

Yeah I was quite happy as well...and THRILLED with the final outcome!!

Me too!!!!

Woo hoo!ChefAnn, You're not terrible. If I hadn't been in the middle of a project with stuff all over my lap, I'd have been dancing, too. I let out a big Whoop! when they gave her the boot. I let out another when the winner was announced. I'm thrilled.

I am soooo with Tyra...Whitney is not a plus-sized model she is a full-figure model.

As far as Fatima goes...she looks just like Iman! Iman AND Fatima are absolutely GORGEOUS!! Fatima may have had a bad attitude at times, but she was certainly beautiful enough to be a top model. I could not believe how stiff she was in her Cover Girl commercial, especially after being told to loosen up. Horrible!

Anya drove me crazy. Her voice was so dang annoying! I hated hearing her talk. I could not imagine her as a spokesperson.

Just my two cents!

What is Top Model Watchers?

Top Model Watchers is a popular reality TV show where aspiring models compete for a chance to win a modeling contract and other prizes.

What is the purpose of Top Model Watchers?

The purpose of Top Model Watchers is to showcase the fashion and modeling industry and to give aspiring models a platform to launch their careers.

How can I watch Top Model Watchers?

You can watch Top Model Watchers on various streaming services such as Hulu, Amazon Prime, and CBS All Access. It also airs on television on select networks.

Can I participate in Top Model Watchers as a viewer?

No, Top Model Watchers is a pre-recorded show and the contestants are chosen through a casting process. However, you can participate by voting for your favorite contestants or joining fan groups to discuss the show.

Is there a specific age requirement for watching Top Model Watchers?

Top Model Watchers is rated TV-14, so it is recommended for viewers 14 years and older. However, parental discretion is advised for younger viewers.

Back