• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top 5 Recipes to Offer for September

put anything in microwave, my disaster area)So, for those of you that offer your guests some choices for recipes at upcoming shows, based on ones you think taste delicious and are good show recipes, share with us your top 5 picks.BBQ Pork Tenderloin sandwiches Chicken Fajitas Rush Hour Fajitas Turkey Tettrazzini 3 Cheese Garden Pizz Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
So, for those of you that offer your guests some choices for recipes at upcoming shows, based on ones you think taste delicious and are good show recipes, share with us your top 5 picks..

(if you don't have 5 that is ok...but i love getting ideas from everyone's FAVORITE list)

BBQ Pork Tenderloin sandwiches
BBQ chicken sandwiches
Chicken Fajitas

(can you tell I love the DCB?) :p

I don't have a top five but for September to show off DCB I'm offering 2 recipes from weekday dinners done to sell 2 products in one and offering a pizza or dessert for those whose microwave is too small.

I'm offering
Rush Hour Fajitas
Turkey Tettrazzini

3 Cheese Garden Pizz
Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies

Not giving tons of choices is something I'm trying for September. We'll see how it goes.

I'm trying to figure out what recipes to offer for October to show off Forged Cutlery! I'm lost I guess I could just do 2 from Weekday dinners that use the skillet and have lots of cutting required? We'll see. That will make some difference if anyone books Oct from Sept.

I'm doing the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder or New Orleans Style Chicken Gumbo.

If someone wants an appetizer show, I'll be staying with the Jerk Chicken Nachos.

I don't do dessert shows, but I will do a Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake in the DCB as a 2nd recipe if someone has 15 or more confirmed guests.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't do dessert shows, but I will do a Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake in the DCB as a 2nd recipe if someone has 15 or more confirmed guests.

Oh, please do share this recipe! I love the sound of that!

yes please share! As i have posted before - anything that has a choc and PB combination is meant to go into my stomach. :D

If you do share your Chocolate, peanut butter dump cake, could you put it in the Recipe File, so we can access it, long after this thread disappears? It sounds like one I would love to use, too.

It's not really a recipe - just something that was done at our Fall Kickoff Show by another consultant, and it's the first time I really like a Microwave cake.

It's a Chocolate Cake Mix (made according to directions on the box) poured into the DCB, and take a medium scoop, and scoop a can of chocolate frosting all over that, and then take a cup of peanut butter and scoop in the empty spots. Pop it in the microwave for 11-12 minutes uncovered - and TA-DA! Chocolate PB Dump Cake!:thumbup:

I'm doing Mini Carrot Cake Cups. Then again, I take those already done. I'm not sure I'd want to make them at the show. There's a lot of baking/cooling time.

I have a brunch show at the end of September, but not the new cookbook. Can anyone recommend a good NEW recipe for brunch? Otherwise, I'll just do the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares, and a flip cake.

I'd think the Ham & Cheese Calzone would be a hit.

I always do the Savory Sandwich Ring from All The Best when the stoneware is on sale. I bake the bread at home and take with me. I have the host buy the meat and cheese of their choice. After I make it and slice it, I pull the pieces to the edge of the round stone and fill the center with potatoe chips. It looked great displayed on the woven basket - I hate when products you really love are discontinued.

Not to take over this thread with the cake.........but

Chocolate, peanut butter dump cake

Is to DIE for and I found that recipe Thursday morning, my hostesses request for that nights show was Ooohey Gooohey chocolate and PB and nothing you've done before. I was at a loss and scrambling and found this recipe posted and didn't even practice at home to be sure it worked, lol.

I made at my show where there were 9 women and 2 men and 2 children, cake was gone with about 2 minutes of it coming out of microwave.

I had a little helper asking me......."'Issa is done yet? Pweas, I huggry", Matthew is so cute I just want to put him in my tote and take him home. He got 2nd piece after a guest who was having a birthday the next night and we had to sign Happy Birthday too. (She booked a show, but with my director, but at least my hostess will be able to get a knife at 60% off)

Anyway, I raved about it to my hostess for Sunday and she changed her mind on dessert and switched to that, I bought a few PB mini cups I might throw on top chopped and see how that is. (Never too much chocolate and PB)

Lisa

ChefBeckyD said:
It's not really a recipe - just something that was done at our Fall Kickoff Show by another consultant, and it's the first time I really like a Microwave cake.

It's a Chocolate Cake Mix (made according to directions on the box) poured into the DCB, and take a medium scoop, and scoop a can of chocolate frosting all over that, and then take a cup of peanut butter and scoop in the empty spots. Pop it in the microwave for 11-12 minutes uncovered - and TA-DA! Chocolate PB Dump Cake!:thumbup:

Crazy question - do you turn this cake out onto a platter like we do with the Rice Cooker cakes or just serve it out of the DCB :confused:

Lisa/ChefBear said:
I bought a few PB mini cups I might throw on top chopped and see how that is. (Never too much chocolate and PB)

Lisa

I love the way you think Lisa!

Melissa,
It must be the "isa" at the end that we think alike and we're both from NE PA!! Actually my name if I spelled it the way I want to we'd be even closer. I tell people to pronounce it correctly is to take the "Me" off of Melissa. As my dad spelled it like Lisa (Lesa) but pronounces it Lissa. What a nightmare in school and everywhere I go!!

I tell people at my shows, there are 2 rules in my house and the Rule starts:
there can NEVER be:
1) too much cheese in a recipe and
2) too much chocolate
and I should really add
3) too much Peanut butter

That's why I look the way I look. :blushing: My youngest (who's 6) said to me, as I was watching a show about losing weight....she comes up and hugs me and says "Mommy you're not fat, your just fluffy and I love to snuggle with you" She's my little :angel:

Lisa

To answer original ?? I'm offering either BBQ chicken or Pork, Loaded Potatoe Chowder (LOVE it) or a dump cake.

Actually just realized they are Dark Chocolate PB Cups, so that are "healthy" for you, lol.

I'd have to skip the dark choc - to me choc comes in one form - milk choc... no white nor dark or any other concoction.

Sooooooooooooo I made the Choc PB micro cake tonite. It's either user error or I'm not a fan. (yes call Guiness - your read that right!) Perhaps its b/c the cake mix was choc devils food (which to me means more moist) but i thought it was dry and not real wet/gooey. I used Jiff PB which to me would have given more moisture b/c Jiff has more oil than other cheap PBs (usually they say not to use Jiff in baking for that purpose as it gives off too much oil). It definitely needs a glass of milk to choke down. Perhaps if it had more icing to make it more moist/pudding cake-like.

I did it for just the 11 minutes - maybe my microwave cooks faster and it was overdone. No clue as it was my first ever cake in the DCB and microwave. I was leery too as my DCB smells very much like spices/onion etc as I have only used it for pork & chicken with seasonings & fajitas with tons of onion. I did not taste it on the cake but I was apprehensive.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Melissa,
It must be the "isa" at the end that we think alike and we're both from NE PA!! Actually my name if I spelled it the way I want to we'd be even closer. I tell people to pronounce it correctly is to take the "Me" off of Melissa. As my dad spelled it like Lisa (Lesa) but pronounces it Lissa. What a nightmare in school and everywhere I go!!.

I must say, that must have been quite confusing. For the pronunciation you list, I would have guessed there to be two s's and I too would say it Lisa as in Leesa. Mine is said as it looks however, only a handful of peeps outside of PC call me Melissa - I was always a Missygrowing up as there were 4 other Melissa's in school (a typical late 70s name) . I kept Melissa for PC but so far all of my shows have been with people who know me for a long time and I'm right back to Missy or explaining "call me whatever you want. Hey you works as well!". :D

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Actually just realized they are Dark Chocolate PB Cups, so that are "healthy" for you, lol.

I just discovered these! YUM YUM YUM!

I'm in heaven with them - Dark chocolate and peanut butter - they've perfected the Reeses!

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Melissa,
I tell people at my shows, there are 2 rules in my house and the Rule starts:
there can NEVER be:
1) too much cheese in a recipe and
2) too much chocolate
and I should really add
3) too much Peanut butter

That's why I look the way I look. :blushing: My youngest (who's 6) said to me, as I was watching a show about losing weight....she comes up and hugs me and says "Mommy you're not fat, your just fluffy and I love to snuggle with you" She's my little :angel:

Lisa, please give your daughter a big fluffy hug from me!

Susan,
Thanks, I will when she gets home from school this afternoon.

Lisa

PS,
I made the dump cake with the Dark Mini RC, and I actually think it's a little too much PB:eek:, I can't believe I'm saying that!!

lisa,
what kind of choc cake mix did you use? do you grease or flour the dcb?

I used a DH Dark Choc. Fudge with different brands of PB, once was with Weis, once with Jif, and once with Reese's.

No I do not grease my baker, mine is seasoned pretty well and I also figure you've got oil in cake batter and oil from PB.

HTH,

Lisa

Melissa78 said:
Sooooooooooooo I made the Choc PB micro cake tonite. It's either user error or I'm not a fan. (yes call Guiness - your read that right!) Perhaps its b/c the cake mix was choc devils food (which to me means more moist) but i thought it was dry and not real wet/gooey. I used Jiff PB which to me would have given more moisture b/c Jiff has more oil than other cheap PBs (usually they say not to use Jiff in baking for that purpose as it gives off too much oil). It definitely needs a glass of milk to choke down. Perhaps if it had more icing to make it more moist/pudding cake-like.

I did it for just the 11 minutes - maybe my microwave cooks faster and it was overdone. No clue as it was my first ever cake in the DCB and microwave. I was leery too as my DCB smells very much like spices/onion etc as I have only used it for pork & chicken with seasonings & fajitas with tons of onion. I did not taste it on the cake but I was apprehensive.

I'm wondering if this would be better in the fluted pan?? Or was there the wrong combination of ingredients? I want to do this at a party in a couple weeks and dont think i'll get to practice it first...so best combo of ingred??

I am offering:

Chicken Fajitas/ salsa
SW Meatloaf/potatoes, carrots in Rice cooker
BBQ Chicken sandwiches/apple crisp
Chick/Broccoli ring
30 min chicken/garlic bites

Link, link, link to the recipie please!

I'd REALLY like to see some alternatives for people whose microwave is too small for the DCB.

I am offering:

Appetizer
Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip (vegetarian)
Sundried Tomato Tart Squares (vegetarian)
Moroccan Chicken Crostini Melts

Main Dish
Mexican Chicken Lasagna
Loaded Baked Potato Chowder (vegetarian)
Zesty Ravioli Skillet (vegetarian or with meat)

Dessert
Mock Lemon Meringue Cake
Mini Carrot Cake Cups
After Dinner Mint Triangles (no bake)

My hosts will choose ONE recipe for us to demo.

susanr613 said:
I am offering:

Appetizer
Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip (vegetarian)
Sundried Tomato Tart Squares (vegetarian)
Moroccan Chicken Crostini Melts

Main Dish
Mexican Chicken Lasagna
Loaded Baked Potato Chowder (vegetarian)
Zesty Ravioli Skillet (vegetarian or with meat)

Dessert
Mock Lemon Meringue Cake
Mini Carrot Cake Cups
After Dinner Mint Triangles (no bake)

My hosts will choose ONE recipe for us to demo.

Have you tried the After Dinner Mint Triangles? The gal in our cluster who tried to make them said that it was a horrible recipe and she had a hard time getting it to turn out correctly. Because of this I haven't tried them yet but was recently thinking of offering this as my dessert recipe.

wadesgirl said:
Have you tried the After Dinner Mint Triangles? The gal in our cluster who tried to make them said that it was a horrible recipe and she had a hard time getting it to turn out correctly. Because of this I haven't tried them yet but was recently thinking of offering this as my dessert recipe.

Interesting. I've made them 3 times, and thought they were very easy.

I wouldn't make them for a show though, because I found that they do need to be refrigerated for a while to make cutting easier. (the cream cheese layer needs to set up)

I just made another batch yesterday. My DH called me from work at 11:30 to tell me that he forgot that he was in charge of treats for his Team Leaders Meeting at 1:30. He requested these, because he loves them. I made them, and took them in, and he came home with an empty platter and 4 requests for the recipe. :chef:

I told him it was a good thing I had all of the ingredients in the house!

ChefBeckyD said:

I wouldn't make them for a show though, because I found that they do need to be refrigerated for a while to make cutting easier. (the cream cheese layer needs to set up)

I just made another batch yesterday. My DH called me from work at 11:30 to tell me that he forgot that he was in charge of treats for his Team Leaders Meeting at 1:30. He requested these, because he loves them. I made them, and took them in, and he came home with an empty platter and 4 requests for the recipe. :chef:

Most of my shows are non demo shows with the recipe done before hand.

wadesgirl said:
Most of my shows are non demo shows with the recipe done before hand.

Then I think this recipe would be great!

I've been toying with the idea of bringing it for Cookie Exchange Shows!

ChefBeckyD said:

Just curious, would these double easily and use the large sheet pan?

ChefBeckyD said:
Then I think this recipe would be great!

I've been toying with the idea of bringing it for Cookie Exchange Shows!

Guess I'm trying these this weekend. I think you had also suggested the pineapple upside down cake. Still trying to find a good time to try that. Maybe I'll bring it to my inlaws on Sunday. Sort of have to get my recipe choices out to my hosts!

By the way is it white almond bark or chocolate almond bark? I'm betting white but figured I would ask.

Last edited:
wadesgirl said:
Guess I'm trying these this weekend. I think you had also suggested the pineapple upside down cake. Still trying to find a good time to try that. Maybe I'll bring it to my inlaws on Sunday. Sort of have to get my recipe choices out to my hosts!

By the way is it white almond bark or chocolate almond bark? I'm betting white but figured I would ask.

White. But yesterday, I didn't have any, so I used white chips. Oh - and I didn't have any chocolate chips, so I used dark chocolate bark that I had. It all worked out fine!

I am going to offer the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder and the Gumbo recipes.

I have been microwaving my caked in the fluted stoneware pan. Premixing the cake mix into the classic batter bowl prior to the show.

Has anyone made these with the PC cups in it? I've only made a chocolate dump cake once but I would love to try this tomorrow and take it to my team meeting!

I've made Dump Cake with Reese's Dark Cups in it and said if I ever put them in again, I'd chop them, so they'd spread more evener (is that even a word??) through the cake.

HTH,

Lisa

Hmmmm - i am different than everyone :eek:

Gonna offer Theme Shows:
- Incredible 30 minute Chicken w/ Garlic Bites
- Chocolate Bliss (Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake and Chocolate Martinis)
- Power Cooking Beef
- Soup's On (Loaded Potato Chowder)
- Fajitas and Margaritas

Thought about doing an Appetizer Show - but haven't decided yet....

1. What are the top-selling recipes for September?

The top-selling recipes for September are the Apple Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread, Chicken Alfredo Braid, Pumpkin Spice Trifle, Sheet Pan Fajitas, and Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff. These recipes are perfect for fall and are always a hit with guests.

2. Are there any recipes that are both delicious and easy to make for a show?

Yes, the top 5 recipes that are both delicious and easy to make for a show are the Mini Deep Dish Pizzas, Parmesan Garlic Chicken Bites, BBQ Chicken Nachos, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip, and Cucumber Dill Dip. These recipes are not only tasty but also require minimal prep time, making them perfect for a show.

3. Can you suggest some recipes that incorporate seasonal ingredients for September?

Absolutely! For September, we recommend trying the Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake, Butternut Squash and Apple Soup, Apple Crisp Pizza, Roasted Vegetable Panzanella Salad, and Harvest Chicken Skillet. These recipes feature ingredients that are in season during September, making them fresh and flavorful.

4. What are some vegetarian or vegan options for September recipes?

For our vegetarian and vegan guests, we suggest the Black Bean and Corn Salsa, Grilled Veggie Flatbread, Quinoa Stuffed Peppers, Southwest Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing, and Avocado Toast with Poached Eggs. These recipes are not only meat-free but also packed with delicious flavors and textures.

5. Can you recommend any recipes that are perfect for a September tailgate party?

Yes, the top 5 recipes that are perfect for a September tailgate party are the Buffalo Chicken Dip, Loaded Potato Skins, BBQ Chicken Sliders, Beer Cheese Dip, and Mini Cheesesteak Sandwiches. These recipes are easy to transport and share with a crowd, making them ideal for a tailgate party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lmradlein
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
sherylscooking
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies