• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are the Top 10 Items for a Successful Fundraiser?

In summary, I think it is a great idea to have a top 10 list sheet for a fundraiser. It would make it easier for people to see what is popular and what they may want to buy. It also allows people to place orders quickly and easily.
batroark
Gold Member
Has anyone ever done a top 10 list sheet for a fundraiser? I am getting ready to start a fundraiser at my church and the leader is asking for something more simple rather than the whole catalog to show. She is asking for like the top 10 selling items for the best selling items. She said the teens are the ones passing around the book and don't really have time to stop in to ask the teachers at school or anyone else to quickly look at the whole book to place an order, and she don't think they will be able to fill out the order forms with the tax and shipping and get it right. I remember selling TomWat or magazines or wrapping paper and having to do all that but I guess this generations is different or something?????? Does anyone have any suggestions or flyers to show this off? I would certainly appreciate it!

how about giving them the mini caddys to use? then they can see all the new items plus the what the mini offers?
otherwise i have seen a thread about top sellers you might be able to find that.

This is what I use, it came from somewhere on here. Keep in mind that I offer 5% additional funds out of my pocket if sales reach $1200 and the $25 bonus for recruits is also out of my pocket. I think both offers are well worth it.

My daughter's principal just asked for information from me after I was telling her about our program. They sell candy and wrapping paper usually, so who knows, I'd love to see them take this on!

Attachments

• huttenga fundraiser top ten.pub
    170.5 KB · Views: 479
You may be thinking it will be "easier" for the kids, but the thing that sets our fundraisers apart is we can USE THE WHOLE CATALOG. To reduce it to some items definitely doesn't fulfill that. Are you doing it in September? Then you are "cheating" people out of the stoneware special since it is the Guest Special for everyone. I know the mini doesn't list all the stoneware.

pcchefjane said:
You may be thinking it will be "easier" for the kids, but the thing that sets our fundraisers apart is we can USE THE WHOLE CATALOG. To reduce it to some items definitely doesn't fulfill that. Are you doing it in September? Then you are "cheating" people out of the stoneware special since it is the Guest Special for everyone. I know the mini doesn't list all the stoneware.

I am about to do a fundraiser for my daughters MDO program again. I give each child an envelope with 1 catalog and 5 order forms. On the front of the envelope there is a letter explaining what to do and how to order online! We did this is the FALL and it was Huge!! We are doing it again beginning Tuesday!!

I am also going to approach other churches/daycares to do the same thing!! Perfect for a Fall fundraiser, b/c everyone is beginning to shop for Christmas!

batroark said:
Has anyone ever done a top 10 list sheet for a fundraiser? I am getting ready to start a fundraiser at my church and the leader is asking for something more simple rather than the whole catalog to show. She is asking for like the top 10 selling items for the best selling items. She said the teens are the ones passing around the book and don't really have time to stop in to ask the teachers at school or anyone else to quickly look at the whole book to place an order, and she don't think they will be able to fill out the order forms with the tax and shipping and get it right. I remember selling TomWat or magazines or wrapping paper and having to do all that but I guess this generations is different or something?????? Does anyone have any suggestions or flyers to show this off? I would certainly appreciate it!
One thing that could help would be to show minis, plus promote the website. I made a 4 to a page info slip that gives people online ordering instructions. People are pretty busy to look through a whole catalog, so for those people, giving them an instructions slip with the thought "There's so many great products and it's nice that our fundraiser isn't limited to just 20 items, this way you can get what it just right for you or for someone you need a gift for! Here's the website and feel free to go online at your convenience and pick something out." Or something like that... The key would be for them to follow up w/ people or place signs up w/ a reminder notice and the closing date.

Attachments

• Placing an order online 4 up.doc
    38 KB · Views: 428
I agree with everyone else, limiting the products we offer won't help much. If you consider our top sellers: stoneware, cookware, forged cutlery and simple additions, there are more than 10 products in each line. Also you are limiting what people can buy thus possibly limiting the fundraiser sales. If you want to offer something smaller, look at just promoting the stoneware that is on sale or a cookbook sale but I personally wouldn't. I like the idea of using the mini catalog and then giving them the website.

Have to agree with everyone else!

The thing w/ PC is that there is such name recognition, and people will see that it is a PC fundraiser, and have something in mind that they want to buy....like

"Oh, I want one of those apple peeler thingys" or "I could use another mini spatula", or "I want more of that caramel sprinkle that I bought at the last show I went to"...

Plus the fact that we have such a wide variety of price points - that is a HUGE bonus, and I wouldn't want to leave out any of those price point groups!

From your post, it looks to be teenagers who will be doing the selling - well, teens are pretty smart and by this time in their lives pretty fundraiser savvy, so I wouldn't discredit what they can do as far as selling.

I totally agree with everyone on here that not only are teenagers (7th-12th)more capable than the younger ones to be able to calculate the tax and shipping, and that they should be familiar with the fundraiser ordeal that it shouldn't raise a problem with the whole book possibility. It is bothering me and making me sorta sick to know that the kids looking at the book that night that I presented it to them feel in love with alot of the book and I just can't help but not want them to use the WHOLE book instead of just a few of the items. I don't know if I mentioned it, but the leader is a teacher. Most of this request is coming from her and not the kids.

I do like the idea of having them pass out the info about visiting my website to make it easier on the kids behalf. Does anyone know a good argument to give for her to accept the whole book idea?

batroark said:
I totally agree with everyone on here that not only are teenagers (7th-12th)more capable than the younger ones to be able to calculate the tax and shipping, and that they should be familiar with the fundraiser ordeal that it shouldn't raise a problem with the whole book possibility. It is bothering me and making me sorta sick to know that the kids looking at the book that night that I presented it to them feel in love with alot of the book and I just can't help but not want them to use the WHOLE book instead of just a few of the items. I don't know if I mentioned it, but the leader is a teacher. Most of this request is coming from her and not the kids.I do like the idea of having them pass out the info about visiting my website to make it easier on the kids behalf. Does anyone know a good argument to give for her to accept the whole book idea?
I would tell her these same things that were shared here.So many people are familiar w/ our items, what if they want to get something that they have been wanting but don't see it on a shortened special list? Having the whole catalog helps to offer a little something to everyone. We have different levels of quality of items, too, so what if someone only saw our green knives and didn't see the Forged Cutlery? What if they did see the full catalog and wanted to get FC as a wedding gift, or maybe they'd like to book a show? They benefit from getting bookings, too. And our pantry items-- there's so many and just those alone are a big selection, how can you pick just a couple?

sorry, misread the request for top ten. took it as a reason to hold one. my apologies.

as far as whether or not to do the whole thing or not I say, "the book, the whole book and nothing but the book." It's like telling someone they can go to a restaurant that sells seafood, mexican, italian, american, salads, soups and desserts and telling them they may have chicken tenders, spaghetti or mac and cheese.

gwyn26 said:
sorry, misread the request for top ten. took it as a reason to hold one. my apologies.

as far as whether or not to do the whole thing or not I say, "the book, the whole book and nothing but the book." It's like telling someone they can go to a restaurant that sells seafood, mexican, italian, american, salads, soups and desserts and telling them they may have chicken tenders, spaghetti or mac and cheese.

Love that! That's great! :D

I thought I would update everyone on the fundraiser situation. I did a kick-off event for a church in a neighboring town yesterday and then came back to my church last night and started one with our youth group as discussed. I did tell them it was going to be impossible to pick out a top 10 list and be able to be fair to everyone since everyone cooks and treats their kitchen differently! I did explain that using the whole book would not be as difficult as it sounded. I printed of a sheet that had information on it where they could hand out to their friends and family and send them to my website to order and so on. They really liked that idea. I set a plan in motion for each of the groups to do this for 2 weeks and close it by the end of the month. Since so many like the idea of the stones being 20% off this month I thought that would give more people an incentive to purchase the stones as well!!!! Please pray for me and both churches that they are both successful! TIA!

Oh! And thanks babywings76 I took some of your idea for the "website info handouts"! And thanks to everyone else for the little push to sway me to the whole catalog! I think it will turn out better for them in the long run!;);)

What are the top 10 items for a fundraiser?

The top 10 items for a fundraiser will vary depending on the audience and the type of fundraiser. However, some popular and successful items include kitchen gadgets such as the Garlic Press, the Mix 'N Scraper, and the Food Chopper. Other popular items include the Mini Serving Spatula, the Small Batter Bowl, and the Quick Slice. Non-kitchen items like the Oven Mitt and the Bamboo Cutting Board are also great options.

How can I order Pampered Chef products for a fundraiser?

Ordering Pampered Chef products for a fundraiser is easy! You can either host a traditional party and use the host rewards to purchase items for your fundraiser, or you can work with a Pampered Chef consultant to set up a fundraiser event. The consultant can assist with taking orders and distributing products to supporters.

Can we customize the Pampered Chef products for our fundraiser?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers customization options for some products. This can include adding a logo or message to items like the Quick Slice or the Bamboo Cutting Board. This is a great way to make your fundraiser products unique and personalized for your cause.

How much money can we expect to raise through a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The amount of money raised through a Pampered Chef fundraiser will vary depending on the number of supporters, the products sold, and the pricing strategy. On average, fundraisers can earn anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars. The more supporters and products sold, the higher the potential earnings.

Can we earn host rewards through a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

Yes, host rewards are available for fundraisers as well. The host rewards are based on the total sales of the fundraiser, so the more products sold, the higher the host rewards. These rewards can be used to purchase products for the fundraiser or for the host to keep as a thank you for hosting the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
rsmpta
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies