• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Successful MIL Show with Delicious Recipes & Bookings | My Experience

In summary, the conversation was about the speaker's first show that they hosted for their mother-in-law. They made a turkey cranberry wreath and molten lava cake, and although there wasn't much host coaching, it seemed to be a successful event with 17 guests and $332 in sales. The speaker also left catalogs and books for potential future bookings. Overall, it was an exciting day and the speaker is looking forward to future shows and spreading the joy of cooking with their products.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
This afternoon I hosted my 1st show for my MIL. I didn't do as much host coaching as I should have (shame on me), but she invited 30 people & most of which I didn't know. We made the turkey cranberry wreath & the molten lava cake. None of the guests wanted to participate so my SIL who's 9 & her 2 friends made the recipe while I talked about all of the products. The food turned out good & it seemed as though everyone had a great time. There were about 17 people that showed up, 7 of which were buying guests. So far, the show sits at $332. I sent 1 book home with a guest so here daughter can look at it. I also left 3 books for the host for guests who couldn't attend & requested a catalog. I also have 2 of my aunts that want to look at a catalog & add to the show. Finally, I have 1 booking for a date sometime in January. The host has to coordinate the date around her father's rehab but will be contacting me soon. I also have a potential booking for a show in the next few months. One of the guests that goes to church with my MIL sold a few things to her neighbor after the show & now is considering doing a show!! I'm sorry this message is so long, but I'm so excited I could sing!! :sing:

Toot AWAY! You did great! Be sure and follow up and make sure the host understands that the more orders she gets.. the bigger her free product values will be! Keep up the good work!

Great job!!!!

Congratulations! That is an exciting day!

Congratulations on hosting your first show for your MIL! It sounds like you did a great job and the food turned out delicious. Don't worry about not doing enough host coaching, it can be a learning experience for both you and your host. It's great that your SIL and her friends were able to help out with the recipe while you talked about the products. It's always fun to involve kids in the cooking process.It's exciting to hear that you had a good turnout and that 7 of the guests made purchases. Your sales for the show are off to a great start at $332. Don't forget to follow up with the guest who took a catalog home and your host's guests who couldn't attend. It's also great that you have a booking for January and potential bookings for the future.Keep up the great work and don't forget to celebrate your success. I'm sure your MIL is proud of you for hosting a successful show. Keep spreading the joy of cooking and entertaining with our products. I look forward to hearing about your future shows and successes. Happy cooking!

1. What does it mean to "toot your own horn"?

To "toot your own horn" means to promote or praise oneself, often in a boastful or exaggerated manner.

2. Is it important to "toot my own horn" in the workplace?

Yes, it is important to "toot your own horn" in the workplace because it allows others to recognize your accomplishments and contributions, and can lead to career advancement opportunities.

3. How can I "toot my own horn" without coming across as arrogant?

The key to "tooting your own horn" without being arrogant is to focus on facts and specific examples of your achievements, rather than making broad, self-congratulatory statements.

4. When is the appropriate time to "toot my own horn"?

The appropriate time to "toot your own horn" is during performance evaluations, when receiving praise from a supervisor or colleague, or when applying for a promotion or new job.

5. Are there any downsides to "tooting my own horn"?

While it is important to promote oneself, it is also important to do it in moderation. Constantly bragging or exaggerating one's accomplishments can be off-putting to others and may harm relationships in the workplace.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• northern_sunshine
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
heather9892
  • Kenzie09
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Kenzie09
  • phatratz