• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tools and Tastings: A Delicious Twist on Home Show Demos

then I put a thin layer of french onion dip on one half of the potato. I place the apple wedge on top of the onion dip. Then I carefully place the other half of the potato on top and press down. Presto...you have an appetizer that's ready to go. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing it!
For the Faux Brie---how long/high do we bake it, and is it the whole brick of cream cheese?

I only made it once. I did it about 350...no clue on the time. Just bake it until the dough is done! Use a whole brick or a half brick..whatever you want to do. It's a completely made-up recipe anyway.

leftymac said:
I only made it once. I did it about 350...no clue on the time. Just bake it until the dough is done! Use a whole brick or a half brick..whatever you want to do. It's a completely made-up recipe anyway.

For this, you use cream cheese rather than brie? Wrap the cream cheese in the dough? What do you do w/ the rest of the dough that's unused?

chefsteph07 said:
For this, you use cream cheese rather than brie? Wrap the cream cheese in the dough? What do you do w/ the rest of the dough that's unused?

I wrapped an entire block of cream cheese in the dough. I used every last bit of it. Worked out well.

I did one of these shows tonight for the wife of a fellow attorney. She suggested having the show at their office after work. She loved the idea of this type of show. So I prepared several dips and spreads in advance, took it all to work with me, then set up when I got there. Setup took about 20 minutes- about the same as the cleanup. She has 9 buying guests right now (waiting on 3 more from work tomorrow) and her sales are at $590. I did not do any type of demo, just mingled and talked with guests about the tools. I also had several of the new fall products on display. Here's what we served:

Sprinkles dip for apples (cream cheese & marshmallow fluff & sprinkles): caramel sauce/sprinkles combo, apple/cinnamon combo, cherry almond sauce

Cracker spreads (cream cheeese & sauce): Pineapple Rum, Raspberry Habanero

Cracker spreads (cream cheese & oil dipping seasoning): Sun dried tomato, Spinach and roasted red pepper

Dips for pretzels (mayo, sour cream & rub): Buffalo, Moroccan, Greek

The host also provided margaritas and white wine. People lingered and talked for several hours. (I was fine with this as we have many mutual friends and was having a blast) They asked questions about the products and especially the pantry products. I sold more pantry items than ever before (One lady ordered one of every pantry item I had used). I overheard multiple people saying this was the best pampered chef party they had ever been to! I'm floored by the results. So is my host- she has to pick out more products because she didn't think she would get nearly this much free product. Yay for my host and me!

Good for you!

Thanks for posting what you prepared. I am doing one of these in a few weeks and the host is excited to try something new. I'm thinking it will be a nice option for a quick week day show. Can't wait to see how it goes. Nice Job!

Susan

Have a question, do you put the sauce on the cream cheese and then roll it in the cresent roll dough? Sorry if you already said how to do it, I may have missed it.

Thanks,

Cara

Cara- I'd put the sauce on the outside after its baked so that you will have the gooey cheese with yummy sauce. :)
love ya girl! You are awesome!!!!!

jbdowd0798 said:
Cara- I'd put the sauce on the outside after its baked so that you will have the gooey cheese with yummy sauce. :)
love ya girl! You are awesome!!!!!

For me, the point of it is that it is like a «brie en croûte». The sauce would go on the inside, with the cheese. Golden brown and crispy on the outside, creamy raspberry deliciousness on the inside.

My favorite snack is that Rasp Hab sauce and cream cheese. I'm salivating over this idea. I'm stealing it, but not before I make a few batches for myself. YUM!

At my party the other night, the hostess just purchase one block of cream cheese, so I split it in half, placed each half on the Snowman Dots Divided Platter and poured Rasp Habanero on one and the Spicy Pineapple Rum on the other. I place in microwave for a minute and served with crackers. It was a hit and I, too, sold the sauces at the show.

Tools and Tastings meets Chicken Your Way:it started as a CYW show, but my host got all interested in trying the rubs, and it's grown.To (the guests and) the host, she wants a pantry show. So I'm doing cyw for cookware grill pan and press, dips and crackers for Simple Additions, popcorn with buffalo rub for bamboo, cutting vegs with the ultimate mandoline for dips.....any other ideas? oh, maybe the faux brie for stone ware?I'm going to get there 30 min early, but I want to keep the demo to 20 min....am I doing too much? Should I stick with the CYW and the dips, leave out the slicing and the faux brie?thanks in advance for any advice

I am sooooo excited to try this one! My host on November 2nd is excited, too! Thanks for sharing this one, Keith!

I think I will also have the host get a loaf of pound cake and serve slices of it with the dessert sauces! :)

Bumping! With a ?

For doing a dip for sprinkles, what do you use? Whipped cream and mix sprinkles? or cream cheese? .....
I'm doing a pantry party in a few weeks and didn't think about using the sprinkes...
Has anyone else done anything creative w/ these? I'm really promoting easy and impressive appetizer ideas for the holiday season...

chefsteph07 said:
Bumping! With a ?

For doing a dip for sprinkles, what do you use? Whipped cream and mix sprinkles? or cream cheese? .....
QUOTE]

I use equal parts cream cheese and marshmallow whip- very easy and good!

This is a super idea!!! Love it, and am defintely sharing with my team! Thank you so much! It sounds like a lot of fun too!!!

Just came across ur tools and tasting ideas.... THANKS..... Will work with the new spring line! Needed an idea for March and ur idea sounds perfect!

Thank you for this wonderful idea! I've been looking for a quick and easy way to demo for weeknights, not just for guests, but b/c I am also so tired and braindead! Way to go!

<h2>1. What is "Tools and Tastings"?</h2><p>"Tools and Tastings" is a fun and interactive twist on home show demos where guests can try out delicious food samples while learning about and seeing our Pampered Chef tools in action.</p><h2>2. What kind of food is typically prepared at a "Tools and Tastings" show?</h2><p>The type of food prepared at a "Tools and Tastings" show can vary, but it usually includes a mix of appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. Some common examples include crusty bread with oil dipping seasonings, chicken made in the Deep Covered Baker, cream cheese with various sauces and crackers, and a "Faux Brie" made with crescent dough and a sweet and spicy topping.</p><h2>3. What Pampered Chef tools are typically showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show?</h2><p>Some popular tools that are often showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show include the Deep Covered Baker, Food Chopper, Ultimate Mandoline, Julienne Peeler, Apple Wedger, Garlic Press, Trifle Bowl, and various serving pieces.</p><h2>4. How does a "Tools and Tastings" show benefit the host?</h2><p>A "Tools and Tastings" show can benefit the host in several ways. It can be a fun and unique experience for their guests, they can try out delicious food samples, and they can learn about and see the Pampered Chef tools in action. Additionally, hosting this type of show can cut down on expenses for the host, as they can provide some of the ingredients for the food samples.</p><h2>5. Are there any other "fun" tools that can be showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show?</h2><p>Yes, there are many fun and versatile tools that can be showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show. Some other suggestions include the Quick Slice, Mix 'N Chop, Cheese Grater, and Spiral and Slice. These tools can be used to prepare a variety of recipes and add an extra element of excitement to the show.</p>

1. What is "Tools and Tastings"?

"Tools and Tastings" is a fun and interactive twist on home show demos where guests can try out delicious food samples while learning about and seeing our Pampered Chef tools in action.

2. What kind of food is typically prepared at a "Tools and Tastings" show?

The type of food prepared at a "Tools and Tastings" show can vary, but it usually includes a mix of appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. Some common examples include crusty bread with oil dipping seasonings, chicken made in the Deep Covered Baker, cream cheese with various sauces and crackers, and a "Faux Brie" made with crescent dough and a sweet and spicy topping.

3. What Pampered Chef tools are typically showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show?

Some popular tools that are often showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show include the Deep Covered Baker, Food Chopper, Ultimate Mandoline, Julienne Peeler, Apple Wedger, Garlic Press, Trifle Bowl, and various serving pieces.

4. How does a "Tools and Tastings" show benefit the host?

A "Tools and Tastings" show can benefit the host in several ways. It can be a fun and unique experience for their guests, they can try out delicious food samples, and they can learn about and see the Pampered Chef tools in action. Additionally, hosting this type of show can cut down on expenses for the host, as they can provide some of the ingredients for the food samples.

5. Are there any other "fun" tools that can be showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show?

Yes, there are many fun and versatile tools that can be showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show. Some other suggestions include the Quick Slice, Mix 'N Chop, Cheese Grater, and Spiral and Slice. These tools can be used to prepare a variety of recipes and add an extra element of excitement to the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC_Megan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
forever their mom
  • dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • crystalscookingnow