• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tools and Tastings: A Delicious Twist on Home Show Demos

then I put a thin layer of french onion dip on one half of the potato. I place the apple wedge on top of the onion dip. Then I carefully place the other half of the potato on top and press down. Presto...you have an appetizer that's ready to go. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing it!
leftymac
At a show last night, a guest and I developed (well, I think it is) a fun new idea for shows. We called it "Tools and Tastings"

The host buys:
a loaf of crusty bread
a few chicken breasts
2 blocks of cream cheese
a pack of crescent rolls
an egg
some crackers

I would prepare the following at prep before the show:

1. Bread cut up on the Bamboo Platter with both Oil Dipping Seasonings in the Petite Bamboo Snack Bowls
2. Chicken breasts made in the Deep Covered Baker seasoned w/Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic Rub (or others), cut into cubes and served on the Bamboo Cracker Tray with Thai Peanut Sauce and Chili Pepper Sauce in the Petite Bamboo Snack Bowls
3. Block of cream cheese served with Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce and crackers on the Bamboo Platter. (I have 2 Bamboo Platters)
4. "Faux Brie" (I'm stealing the recipe from someone on here) -- cream cheese topped with Raspberry Habanero Sauce, wrapped in crescent dough brushed with egg white, served on the Dots Oval Platter with crackers.

All of that is easy prep for me!

At the show, the guests would enjoy their "tastings" while I showcase some of our fun tools:

1. DCB -- made the chicken in it!
2. Food Chopper -- chop an onion
3. Ultimate Mandoline -- demo the different blades with a potato
4. Julienne Peeler (people love this) -- peel a carrot
5. Apple Wedger -- use it on cucumber or zucchini, onion, apple
6. Garlic Press -- garlic, obviously
7. Trifle Bowl -- create visual picture -- no food demo
8. Talk about the serving pieces their food is on
8. Finish a catalog walkthrough

We thought this could be fun because people would get to taste many of our sauces and seasonings and see fun stuff in action. We got the idea when someone asked me to explain the Julienne Peeler because she couldn't understand it, so I went and grabbed a carrot out of the fridge to show her. i sold numerous that night. She said, "OMG you have to do a show where you just focus on the fun tools like that!".

This would cut down on my expenses too. Usually I bring a chicken to each show to showcase the DCB. All I'd have to bring now are:

1. A carrot
2. An onion
3. A potato
4. A clove of garlic
5. A cucumber or zucchini
6. Some oil for the dipping seasonings

The host could have these things too, thereby eliminating any outside expense on me except for the costs of the seasonings/sauces.

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions? I'm sure many of you do this already -- I think Rae already does, but I think this is a great idea and I'm going to encourage it for my May hosts. Any other "fun" tools that I'm forgetting?

I love this idea! I'd really like to try it out in the future

Wow...you typed this up quick....haSo...the host provides the sauces to try? or we bring some of our own and she pays for the sampling? This is a grand idea....would make for a quick demo on a week night when everyone needs to get out kinda quick!

mailgirl1978 said:
Wow...you typed this up quick....ha

So...the host provides the sauces to try? or we bring some of our own and she pays for the sampling? This is a grand idea....would make for a quick demo on a week night when everyone needs to get out kinda quick!

I provide the sauces. The hosts provides the ingredients listed. We get the sauces for supply order anyway. I've made these dishes for two shows already and i've only used 1/4 of the bottle of sauces at best. It doesn't take much sauce at all to make those.

Sounds like a great idea. Let me know how it goes .. I may "borrow" the idea. Thanks, dudester!

I like this idea, Keith!

I may even use it for my HWC Fundraiser that I'm doing!

I love this idea Keith! So simple but very effective and easily modified (vary the tools up a bit- especially when you have repeat crowds).I'd probably try to include the Pineapple Wedger too. Especially in the summer. Whenever I show that- I sell a couple.And with some prompting- I'm editing this post to include that you can use the Apple Wedger on one half of the pineapple you just cut, and cut the pineapple into strips that are perfect for Pineapple Chunks. Line up the pineapple with the Apple Wedger and then you just have to cut the strips into chunks. Looks like what you can get in the can. :) And is quick.

Last edited:
I love this idea! Thanks for sharing it! :)Here's another idea to demo the apple wedger...just use a second potato. Then you can share w/ them this idea if you want. I've been doing this recently at home. I melt some butter in the batter bowl (how much depends on how many potatoes you use). I add our Italian seasoning, 2 cloves of pressed garlic, and grated parmesan cheese to it. Then toss the potato wedges and get them all coated. Spread them out on the large bar pan or the large sheet pan. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes. They are soooo yummy!

babywings76 said:
I love this idea! Thanks for sharing it! :)

Here's another idea to demo the apple wedger...just use a second potato. Then you can share w/ them this idea if you want. I've been doing this recently at home. I melt some butter in the batter bowl (how much depends on how many potatoes you use). I add our Italian seasoning, 2 cloves of pressed garlic, and grated parmesan cheese to it. Then toss the potato wedges and get them all coated. Spread them out on the large bar pan or the large sheet pan. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes. They are soooo yummy!

Perfect! I love it!

Did you sign the guest up?

AJPratt said:
Did you sign the guest up?

Just because she got excited about a julienne peeler? Nah. She wasn't interested in the business...just interested in helping me boost mine.

I am so glad you shared. A host of mine a while back requested something similar. I made the pork tenderloin because it uses up no time, and then I spent the next half hour going over my favorite tools....this format is so much better....they can actually see the items in action! Love it!

I like the idea. I would also bake a cake in the DCB as cake mix/icing are very inexpensive but the WOW factor.....ladies love it. I bring the cake mix/icing - host provides eggs and ice cream to go on top.

ChefCKHall said:
I like the idea. I would also bake a cake in the DCB as cake mix/icing are very inexpensive but the WOW factor.....ladies love it. I bring the cake mix/icing - host provides eggs and ice cream to go on top.

What's a party without Keith's Warm Chocolate Fudge Cake?

leftymac said:
4. "Faux Brie" (I'm stealing the recipe from someone on here) -- cream cheese topped with Raspberry Habanero Sauce, wrapped in crescent dough brushed with egg white, served on the Dots Oval Platter with crackers.
QUOTE]

Such a great idea for a super easy, quick and simple show!! I will be trying this soon!
How long do you bake the "Faux Brie"? I searched the recipes file on here and did not see the recipe.
Thanks for sharing!!

Keith, for the Trifle Bowl, since you're not doing a demo, how about printing out the flyer Diane (quiverfull7) posted here? You can find it in the Files (just search 'trifle bowl,' it's the first to come up). Put a copy in each folder, so when you discuss the Trifle Bowl, everyone can turn to that page to see the examples, or you can just pass a couple copies around at that time.

We have a guest that just booked a show and has requested we do a batter bowl cake. She is going to sign to be a consultant after her show with the product credit, and is afraid to put her bowls in the oven, so wants to see it in person. Well that isn't a recipe that shows a lot of product so we were thinking of doing the amazing potato demo as well. Sounds like you are doing close to the same thing just using different veggies? I was just going to bring the cream cheese for sauces, however maybe after seeing your suggestions, I might contact the host and see if she wants to do the sampling along with her cake.Thanks for the suggestion, is that guest going to host a show with this format for you?

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Keith, have you tried one of these shows yet? Or anyone else? I have a show next Friday and I'm thinking of trying this out. I'd love to hear how it went, if anyone's tried it yet.

This is a FANTASTIC idea and I'm sharing it with my team!

babywings76 said:
I love this idea! Thanks for sharing it! :)

Here's another idea to demo the apple wedger...just use a second potato. Then you can share w/ them this idea if you want. I've been doing this recently at home. I melt some butter in the batter bowl (how much depends on how many potatoes you use). I add our Italian seasoning, 2 cloves of pressed garlic, and grated parmesan cheese to it. Then toss the potato wedges and get them all coated. Spread them out on the large bar pan or the large sheet pan. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes. They are soooo yummy!

Have you tried just doing it start to finish in one of our pans?

Nope, but that sounds like a great idea! I love one pan recipes. :) Thanks!

babywings76 said:
Keith, have you tried one of these shows yet? Or anyone else? I have a show next Friday and I'm thinking of trying this out. I'd love to hear how it went, if anyone's tried it yet.

No one has bitten yet. They keep wanting those darn fajitas!

This sounds like such a great show idea! I find it so much easier to be relaxed and have a great show when I'm not worried about completing a recipe and making sure we get all the steps done... I will have to give this a try! Thanks!

Okay, it's official. I've got a taker. My next Friday host LOVES this idea. So, I'll have to post a followup for you guys later. :)

Amanda PLEASE DO... I am dying to know how this goes over!! Good luck!!

leftymac said:
Just because she got excited about a julienne peeler? Nah. She wasn't interested in the business...just interested in helping me boost mine.

Well, that is a good thing!

I do love this idea. I have a host who has done a bunch of shows for me and this is a great option for her!

I love this. I think I may try it in a couple of weeks at a show.

Faux brie? Is it 8oz of cream cheese,with rhs poured over(how much please?) wrapped in 1 tube of crescent dough and baked per package directions. I booked a tools and tasteing for june and don't know the proper receipe.

Thank you

DEBBI said:
Faux brie? Is it 8oz of cream cheese,with rhs poured over(how much please?) wrapped in 1 tube of crescent dough and baked per package directions. I booked a tools and tasteing for june and don't know the proper receipe.

Thank you

There is no proper recipe. Just pour a little bit over it. Whatever looks like enough. Just a few tablespoons.

leftymac said:
No one has bitten yet. They keep wanting those darn fajitas!

Keith just tell them that the Journal of American Medicine has just released findings that Fajitas cause cancer in Canadian rats.

Wow I love this idea! I totally want to try it! Guess I better order some of the sauces! hehe!

thanks for sharing! Great idea!

What an awesome idea!

babywings76 said:
Okay, it's official. I've got a taker. My next Friday host LOVES this idea. So, I'll have to post a followup for you guys later. :)

Amanda - I'm looking forward to hearing how this goes for you, and also how much time it'll take. I'm really trying to cut back the length of my shows... hopefully this will be a fun and fast version!

I guess I'm kinda sorta doing a tools and tastings show on Sunday. It's a HWC fundraiser and the host is a single guy I've met through a networking group I belong to. Turns out only guys are coming. I am setting up tables around the house with different tools on them for the people to try.... and because is a single non cooking man, I'm going early and preparing all the food for him, which is all Pink.

vanscootin said:
I guess I'm kinda sorta doing a tools and tastings show on Sunday. It's a HWC fundraiser and the host is a single guy I've met through a networking group I belong to. Turns out only guys are coming. I am setting up tables around the house with different tools on them for the people to try.... and because is a single non cooking man, I'm going early and preparing all the food for him, which is all Pink.

I wanna know what that show turns out like......

Flamingo said:
I wanna know what that show turns out like......

It turned out really well. Had about 7 people there and $500 in sales. They loved that they got to try a few of the products out! The biggest hit was the garlic press, garlic slicer and peeler set. All the guys were amazed!

I really like this show style. It's easier to have the people interact rather than having me talk at them.

FABULOUS IDEA!! I was just thinking about a "tool belt" theme show for ladies that showcases many of the PC tools. I am defnitely going to use this in my upcoming shows.

Thanks!

This would be a good idea for an open house type show also...love the "tool belt" idea...I am assuming you would wear a tool belt like a carpenter would wear.

After you use all the tools on the potato, carrot, onion, garlic, and zuchini, toss them with olive oil and one of the rubs, spread them out on the large bar pan and roast them in the oven (I think it's usually 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until everything is tender). This makes a delicious side.

The host can feed it to her husband whenever he gets home from wherever he went to get out of the house during the party. ;)

One of the stoneware cookbooks has vegetable roasting temperatures, times, and tips in it that might be helpful here, also.

Aun said:
The host can feed it to her husband whenever he gets home from wherever he went to get out of the house during the party. ;)

Love it! :love:

I don't know why most husbands/boyfriends feel the need to disappear. I've had some great couples shows and some of the men even said how much they enjoyed it (ok, mainly the food) and that they were happy to be included. My husband cooks almost as much as I do at home and he appreciates quality tools in the kitchen as much as he does quality tools in the garage!

I'm doing my second Tools & Tastings theme show tonight. Wish me luck. The first one was a bust. My host didn't follow my host coaching tips and had only 1 guest. :rolleyes: Tonight is a show w/ a friend as the host, so I'm really nervous. She only has 6 people coming. I don't think she invited as many as she could have. She was tricky to host coach because she has a dominant personality and is SUPER busy and hard to get a hold of.

Side note:Andrea, I LOVE your saying in your signature. :D

babywings76 said:
Side note:

Andrea, I LOVE your saying in your signature. :D

Thanks! The sad thing is that it came to me when I was having to go back and edit an email so that every single sentence wasn't punctuated with an exclamation point.

See, look! Only one exclamation point! I'm doing better already!

...whoops, so much for that... :-D

babywings76 said:
I'm doing my second Tools & Tastings theme show tonight. Wish me luck. The first one was a bust. My host didn't follow my host coaching tips and had only 1 guest. :rolleyes: Tonight is a show w/ a friend as the host, so I'm really nervous. She only has 6 people coming. I don't think she invited as many as she could have. She was tricky to host coach because she has a dominant personality and is SUPER busy and hard to get a hold of.

Amanda - how did that show go for you? Were there at least a few guests to enjoy the new theme?

It was so much fun! Part of it was the crowd. There were 6 ladies there. They were all so fun and friendly. I had a lot of fun. I told them that I wanted them to have a chance to eat something right away and visit for a little and then I'll show them some fun things I brought. They loved it. They got to visit with each other, yet showed interest in me when I started to show them the "tools". I first explained to them what they were eating and how fun and easy using our rubs/dipping oil seasonings/sauces can be and how they open up a whole bunch of new flavors to your cooking, etc.I used the pineapple wedger, but the pineapple wasn't quite ripe enough and was a little hard to cut through. :( They LOVED the DCB and the C&S Tray. I didn't demo the mandoline because my work area was pretty crowded, but I showed them what the blades were and the benefits of ours vs. others at a store.No bookings, but they all asked if they are allowed to place orders in the future w/o it being a show. I told them about my website, how they can contact me and I can add it to open shows, etc. They were all amazed and excited when I told them they could keep the catalogs. They said other consultants never let them take them home, so I won major brownie points for that! :DAnd it was so sweet, one lady came up to me later and literally gave me a pat on the back and said how fun the show was, how I was a really good consultant, and that she could tell that I love the products and that makes a HUGE impression. :) I was so flattered.I've been really crazy at home lately and haven't been able to do morning after calls, but I'm definitely going to call every one of them for customer service calls a week after they get their stuff.My host LOVED this show format and I think I really like it as well. I love to chat with guests and talk about and show the benefits of products. It was nice not having to keep track with what step in a recipe I was on and hurrying to get it done quickly. I loved letting them eat right away, too. The only odd thing was that no one bought any of the rubs/sauces. That was a first for me. I usually sell lots of those. But, 3 bought the C&S tray and one person bought a DCB. :)

babywings76 said:
It was so much fun! Part of it was the crowd. There were 6 ladies there. They were all so fun and friendly. I had a lot of fun. I told them that I wanted them to have a chance to eat something right away and visit for a little and then I'll show them some fun things I brought. They loved it. They got to visit with each other, yet showed interest in me when I started to show them the "tools". I first explained to them what they were eating and how fun and easy using our rubs/dipping oil seasonings/sauces can be and how they open up a whole bunch of new flavors to your cooking, etc.

I used the pineapple wedger, but the pineapple wasn't quite ripe enough and was a little hard to cut through. :( They LOVED the DCB and the C&S Tray. I didn't demo the mandoline because my work area was pretty crowded, but I showed them what the blades were and the benefits of ours vs. others at a store.

No bookings, but they all asked if they are allowed to place orders in the future w/o it being a show. I told them about my website, how they can contact me and I can add it to open shows, etc. They were all amazed and excited when I told them they could keep the catalogs. They said other consultants never let them take them home, so I won major brownie points for that! :D

And it was so sweet, one lady came up to me later and literally gave me a pat on the back and said how fun the show was, how I was a really good consultant, and that she could tell that I love the products and that makes a HUGE impression. :) I was so flattered.

I've been really crazy at home lately and haven't been able to do morning after calls, but I'm definitely going to call every one of them for customer service calls a week after they get their stuff.

My host LOVED this show format and I think I really like it as well. I love to chat with guests and talk about and show the benefits of products. It was nice not having to keep track with what step in a recipe I was on and hurrying to get it done quickly. I loved letting them eat right away, too.

The only odd thing was that no one bought any of the rubs/sauces. That was a first for me. I usually sell lots of those. But, 3 bought the C&S tray and one person bought a DCB. :)

Thanks for the feedback, Amanda! That sounds like it really was a ton of fun!

OK. I'm totally trying this on my show Friday. I just ordered more sauces and spices. Those really can add up. I'll have to make sure not to use a lot when I do this kind of show.

<h2>1. What is "Tools and Tastings"?</h2><p>"Tools and Tastings" is a fun and interactive twist on home show demos where guests can try out delicious food samples while learning about and seeing our Pampered Chef tools in action.</p><h2>2. What kind of food is typically prepared at a "Tools and Tastings" show?</h2><p>The type of food prepared at a "Tools and Tastings" show can vary, but it usually includes a mix of appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. Some common examples include crusty bread with oil dipping seasonings, chicken made in the Deep Covered Baker, cream cheese with various sauces and crackers, and a "Faux Brie" made with crescent dough and a sweet and spicy topping.</p><h2>3. What Pampered Chef tools are typically showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show?</h2><p>Some popular tools that are often showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show include the Deep Covered Baker, Food Chopper, Ultimate Mandoline, Julienne Peeler, Apple Wedger, Garlic Press, Trifle Bowl, and various serving pieces.</p><h2>4. How does a "Tools and Tastings" show benefit the host?</h2><p>A "Tools and Tastings" show can benefit the host in several ways. It can be a fun and unique experience for their guests, they can try out delicious food samples, and they can learn about and see the Pampered Chef tools in action. Additionally, hosting this type of show can cut down on expenses for the host, as they can provide some of the ingredients for the food samples.</p><h2>5. Are there any other "fun" tools that can be showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show?</h2><p>Yes, there are many fun and versatile tools that can be showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show. Some other suggestions include the Quick Slice, Mix 'N Chop, Cheese Grater, and Spiral and Slice. These tools can be used to prepare a variety of recipes and add an extra element of excitement to the show.</p>

1. What is "Tools and Tastings"?

"Tools and Tastings" is a fun and interactive twist on home show demos where guests can try out delicious food samples while learning about and seeing our Pampered Chef tools in action.

2. What kind of food is typically prepared at a "Tools and Tastings" show?

The type of food prepared at a "Tools and Tastings" show can vary, but it usually includes a mix of appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. Some common examples include crusty bread with oil dipping seasonings, chicken made in the Deep Covered Baker, cream cheese with various sauces and crackers, and a "Faux Brie" made with crescent dough and a sweet and spicy topping.

3. What Pampered Chef tools are typically showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show?

Some popular tools that are often showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show include the Deep Covered Baker, Food Chopper, Ultimate Mandoline, Julienne Peeler, Apple Wedger, Garlic Press, Trifle Bowl, and various serving pieces.

4. How does a "Tools and Tastings" show benefit the host?

A "Tools and Tastings" show can benefit the host in several ways. It can be a fun and unique experience for their guests, they can try out delicious food samples, and they can learn about and see the Pampered Chef tools in action. Additionally, hosting this type of show can cut down on expenses for the host, as they can provide some of the ingredients for the food samples.

5. Are there any other "fun" tools that can be showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show?

Yes, there are many fun and versatile tools that can be showcased at a "Tools and Tastings" show. Some other suggestions include the Quick Slice, Mix 'N Chop, Cheese Grater, and Spiral and Slice. These tools can be used to prepare a variety of recipes and add an extra element of excitement to the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC_Megan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
forever their mom
  • dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • crystalscookingnow