• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tool Tips Theme Show: Creative Uses for Everyday Tools and Products

E
ellebeew
I am doing a show tonight with the theme of Tool Tips since the hostess has had tons of shows in the past and has seen a lot of stuff. I'm taking small sheets of paper, heading each with a tool or product and then listing as many uses as I know for each. For example, Garlic Press...for garlic, bouillon cubes, gingerroot, playdough hair, crush pills, etc etc. I'll give each guest a tool and the corresponding list and I am going to have each person read their sheet. Each time I will open the floor to see if anyone has a use we didn't list. I'm hoping it goes well!! Thanks so much to everyone who has posted tips on this site - I have culled from all sources I could find. If I can get my act together and figure out how to attach I'll post my list too in a few days.

remember to check Consultants Corner for AlternaTips. You can find some gems there:

Using Quik-Stir Pitcher to mix salt & water for a turkey brine
Bamboo Tongs help smaller children when serving asian-themed food for dinner (okay even some of us adults are too clumsy to master chopsticks)
Turn the Mini Muffin Pan upside down to hold tacos for fiesta night

There are a ton more! Please post yours when you've organized them all.

Tips I used for Tool Tips ShowOK so I did my intro and my recipe demo and then handed out the slips listing the tool's tips along with the tool (If I had it) to as many guests as I had sheets (that was 13 for me). Then each guest held up the tool and read their slip. And a few people suggested more uses along the way which was great. There were many "Ooohs and aaahs and Oh I've never heard that before."

Just for training sake I asked the hostess and one of the late lingering guests to give me feedback since I'd never done that at a show before. We concluded that it would be more effective if done right off the bat as a way to have people kind of introduce themselves and talk about a tool at the same time and perhaps only do 5 or 6 tools because I think 13 got a bit long. Plus, then when I would do my demo following that tool tip intro and used a tool talked about by one of the guests, I could reinforce the way the tools are multi use by pointing out a few of the ideas already mentioned like "And here is the pizza cutter, which as you now know is not just for pizza but for waffles, french toast, quesadillas etc"

I'd definitely do it again since I think guests enjoy hearing all the tips and I don't have time to mention them all each time I use a tool.

I'll attach the sheet I created so you can see what I did. (The ideas suggested by guests that I kept track of (!) are in italics)

Lisa White
Your Independent Kitchen Consultant
for the Pampered Chef ®
952-886-9236
www.pamperedchef.biz/LisasHotDish
Secure, convenient, personal shopping 24 hours a day, seven days a week!

Attachments

• Tool Tips Theme Show.doc
    33 KB · Views: 845
wow, great job!!

At a couple of my shows, I have tried this ticket deal where I will give out a ticket to people for whatever reason I want...if they have a product that I'm demo-ing, if they ask a question relating to PC, if they can come up with alternate product uses other than those I mention during the demo, if it's their first time to a PC show, if they've traveled the furthest to get here, if they came on time, and other random, silly stuff to make it fun & funny. At the end of the show, I will draw for a prize (usually a chocolate candy made from the stoneware heart mold done up real pretty).

Anyway, thanks for helping me with more ideas!

kitty said:
remember to check Consultants Corner for AlternaTips. You can find some gems there:

Using Quik-Stir Pitcher to mix salt & water for a turkey brine
Bamboo Tongs help smaller children when serving asian-themed food for dinner (okay even some of us adults are too clumsy to master chopsticks)
Turn the Mini Muffin Pan upside down to hold tacos for fiesta night

There are a ton more! Please post yours when you've organized them all.

I'm new to all of this--could you please explain how to find the AlternaTips? I've looked on Consultant's Corner--PC Main Site?--& haven't been able to find it.

It's quite possible that I'm looking at it & just don't see it...

1. What is the purpose of the "Tool Tips Theme Show"?

The "Tool Tips Theme Show" is a creative way to showcase the various uses of everyday tools and products. It allows guests to learn new and innovative ways to use common items in their daily lives.

2. How is the show structured?

The show is structured by providing each guest with a list of tools or products and their corresponding multiple uses. The host will then open the floor for guests to share any additional uses they may know.

3. Can guests participate in the show?

Yes, guests are encouraged to participate by sharing their own creative uses for the tools and products listed. This creates an interactive and engaging atmosphere for everyone.

4. Is there a limit to the number of uses listed for each tool or product?

No, there is no limit. The more uses listed, the better! Guests may also share additional uses, making the list even more comprehensive and diverse.

5. Where can I find the list of tools and products and their corresponding uses?

You can find the list on various sources, such as online forums, blogs, and social media. The host may also provide a list or you can create your own list by researching and experimenting with different tools and products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
missydivine
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tonyphel00
  • PChefPEI