• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! My Bar Pan Is Mysteriously Oily - Advice Needed!

In summary, there are a few common reasons for a bar pan becoming oily, such as not properly cleaning and seasoning between uses or using too much oil or high-fat foods. To clean the pan, hot water and mild soap or dish detergent can be used, along with a non-abrasive scrub brush or sponge. It is important to season the pan before first use and periodically throughout use to prevent oil buildup. A high smoke point oil, like vegetable or canola oil, is recommended for use on the bar pan. It is recommended to clean and season the pan after each use or every few uses, depending on frequency of use and types of food cooked.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
I have a bar pan that seems to drip oil from the underside when it's in the oven! (No cracks or anything, the oil seems to seep right through the pores and out the bottom!!) What the.....??! It's been in use for about 2 years, is very black, and too oily on BOTH sides. I only wash it with hot water, follow the instructions, and it seems to stay an oily mess. Any advice/tips/empathy?

It has a hairline fracture that is allowing it to "leak" through. If it's under warranty I would send it back.

I agree, it must have a crack.In reference to the "constantly oily" issue, you can take baking soda & water, make a toothpaste consistency & clean your stones. ;)

I've done it with baking soda, still oily. I've scoured it for cracks-found nothing. You think that really is the problem?

cookin to the top said:
I've done it with baking soda, still oily. I've scoured it for cracks-found nothing. You think that really is the problem?

Yes there can still be a hairline fracture that you cannot see.

I would use some soap.

It tell if it has a crack...you can lightly tap the stone in various places with a metal object like a spoon.

If there are NO cracks then is sounds like a nice ring tone. If it has a hairline crack that you cannot see it sounds more like a thud. A very dulled ring tone.

If unsure I do this to a few of my stones to hear a good ring, then try the stone in question and compare the tones. You CAN hear the difference.

1. Why is my bar pan suddenly becoming oily?

There are a few common reasons for this. One possibility is that your pan is not being properly cleaned and seasoned between uses. Another possibility is that you are using too much oil or cooking with high-fat foods that are causing the buildup of oil on the pan.

2. How can I clean my bar pan to remove the excess oil?

The best way to clean your bar pan is to use hot water and a mild soap or dish detergent. You may also want to use a non-abrasive scrub brush or sponge to help remove the oil. After cleaning, make sure to dry the pan thoroughly before storing.

3. Is there a specific way to season my bar pan to prevent it from becoming oily?

Yes, it is important to properly season your bar pan before the first use and periodically throughout its use. This will create a non-stick surface and help prevent oil buildup. To season, preheat your oven to 350°F and rub a thin layer of vegetable oil onto the pan. Bake for 30 minutes, let cool, and wipe off any excess oil.

4. Can I use any type of oil on my bar pan?

We recommend using a high smoke point oil such as vegetable or canola oil. Avoid using butter or olive oil as these have lower smoke points and may cause your pan to become sticky or gummy.

5. How often should I clean and season my bar pan?

This will depend on how frequently you use your pan and what types of foods you cook in it. Generally, it is recommended to clean and season your bar pan after each use or at least every few uses. If you notice a buildup of oil, it is best to clean and re-season before using again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Traci loves tocook
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • lanelly7
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Shari in TX