• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Too" Seasoned???

cookin to the top

Gold Member
Mar 20, 2008
I have a bar pan that seems to drip oil from the underside when it's in the oven! (No cracks or anything, the oil seems to seep right through the pores and out the bottom!!) What the.....??! It's been in use for about 2 years, is very black, and too oily on BOTH sides. I only wash it with hot water, follow the instructions, and it seems to stay an oily mess. Any advice/tips/empathy?

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
It has a hairline fracture that is allowing it to "leak" through. If it's under warranty I would send it back.

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
I agree, it must have a crack.

In reference to the "constantly oily" issue, you can take baking soda & water, make a toothpaste consistency & clean your stones. ;)

cookin to the top

Gold Member
Mar 20, 2008
I've done it with baking soda, still oily. I've scoured it for cracks-found nothing. You think that really is the problem?

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
I've done it with baking soda, still oily. I've scoured it for cracks-found nothing. You think that really is the problem?

Yes there can still be a hairline fracture that you cannot see.

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
I would use some soap.

nancycookspc

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2008
It tell if it has a crack...you can lightly tap the stone in various places with a metal object like a spoon.

If there are NO cracks then is sounds like a nice ring tone. If it has a hairline crack that you cannot see it sounds more like a thud. A very dulled ring tone.

If unsure I do this to a few of my stones to hear a good ring, then try the stone in question and compare the tones. You CAN hear the difference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shari in TX
2 3
Replies
Views
Devin
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies