• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Too Much Chocolate- Cake Recipe in Stoneware Fluted Pan

In summary, to prevent the cake from sticking to the stoneware pan, make sure to properly grease it with cooking spray or butter and lightly dust it with flour. If a stoneware fluted pan is not available, a metal or glass fluted pan can be used but baking time and temperature may need to be adjusted. Semi-sweet or dark chocolate can be used for the recipe, but milk chocolate is not recommended as it may make the cake too sweet. The cake should cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing it and then cool completely on a wire rack before serving. Additional mix-ins such as nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit can be added to the batter, but be sure not to overload it
DebPC
Staff member
Oh come on now- there is no such thing as too much chocolate!
I bet you could substitute non fat greek yogurt for the sour cream. Too much chocolate cake recipe3596_n.jpg

I do a similar cake but with less ingredients. Dry cake mix, 16 oz sour cream, 3 eggs. Mix together and pour into prepared fluted pan. 13-15 minutes in microwave on high. No heating up the kitchen in the summer. I either melt prepared frosting in the micro cooker (10-12 seconds) or sprinkle on powdered sugar. Shave some chocolate and or nuts on top.

Forget "too much chocolate"...I'm thinking "Too much OIL". Wow! That's a lot! I'd be more concerned about subbing something for the oil before the sour cream, but yes, you probably could use the yogurt.

Beth's sounds good though, and use a FF Sour Cream if you want to shave off a few calories.

I recently made a cake recipe for Key Lime Cake that had 1 1/2 cups of oil in it. Tasted good, but kind of groosed me out adding that much oil.

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I couldn't agree more about there being no such thing as too much chocolate. And you're absolutely right, non-fat Greek yogurt is a great substitute for sour cream in many recipes. It's a healthier option without sacrificing any flavor. Thanks for the suggestion! Happy cooking!

1. How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the stoneware pan?

To prevent the cake from sticking, make sure to properly grease the pan with cooking spray or butter before adding the batter. You can also lightly dust the pan with flour after greasing to create an extra barrier.

2. Can I use a different type of pan for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of pan if you do not have a stoneware fluted pan. However, the baking time and temperature may need to be adjusted. A metal or glass fluted pan can be used as a substitute.

3. Can I use a different type of chocolate for this recipe?

Yes, you can use either semi-sweet or dark chocolate for this recipe. Milk chocolate may make the cake too sweet, so it is not recommended.

4. How long does the cake need to cool before removing it from the pan?

The cake should cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing it. This allows the cake to set and prevents it from breaking when removing it from the pan. After removing from the pan, let it cool completely on a wire rack before serving.

5. Can I add any other ingredients to the cake batter?

Yes, you can add in your favorite mix-ins such as chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit to the cake batter. Just be sure not to overload the batter and to evenly distribute the mix-ins for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Nfldfran
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies