1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Too late to become qualified?

1. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

i joined up in june, and have been inactive for a few months. i only had 2 shows, and my sales only totaled about $350 altogether. i missed my SS months too. i've just jumpstarted back up again. is it too late for me to become qualified?

and, what exactly does being qualified mean?

Oct 24, 2005
  2. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

No way

It is not too late for you to become qualified. To qualify you only need to submit 2 more shows or $900 in sales before next summer (you keep inactive status for 1 year). Once you submit $200 in sales you are no longer inactive.

Being qualified means, for lack of a better description, that you are a full-fledged Kitchen Consultant. If you had qualified before going inactive your recruiter would have received some benefits, but for you it doesn't matter much (unless there was a promotion going on at the time you signed, which is probably expired now).

I hope I answered your question.

Oct 24, 2005
  3. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

yes, thank you. i know that by going inactive, i probably cheated my recruiter out of stuff, which might help to explain the bad blood between us (among other reasons).

Oct 25, 2005
  4. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

Congrats on getting a jump start and rejuvenating your business! That's great! Even though you missed your SS months, there always seems to be some type of incentive going on. I'm not sure what they'll do next, but something will probably start up again in January. I hope they do something like the charm bracelet because that was a very managable requirement each month.

As for the "bad blood" with your recruiter, I wouldn't worry about it. Sure, I know there are times when I've "missed out" on certain promotions or incentives because some of my recruits don't quite meet the minimums or deadlines, but I don't get bent out of shape about it. They need to do what's best for them and their business. I LOVE having a team of consultants to work with and I look at the "extras" I get as a result as just a little bonus. If their qualifying means I get an incentive or whatever, that's great, but I don't focus on it. Hopefully the jump start in your business will provide you with what you want out of this business! Good luck! :)

Oct 25, 2005
  5. thanks becky. would be nice to have that kind of relationship with my recruiter! :rolleyes:

Oct 25, 2005
Have something to add?