• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ordering Through My Website: Beware of Strange Requests for Large Product Orders

In summary, the conversation revolves around a strange request received through a website from a lady who wants to place an order for products worth $300. She claims to have a consultant who passed away and wants to make the speaker her new representative. The payment will be made through a cashier's check or money order as she does not have a credit card and is hard of hearing. The speaker and others in the conversation suspect it to be a scam due to the poor grammar and unusual payment method. The speaker plans to report it to the home office.
KimoMakano
Gold Member
I got this weird request, and it came through via my website.
It was from a lady wanting information. When I followed up via email she said that her consultant had died froms cancer and wanted to place an order with me (though we are thousands of miles apart, and an ocean).
She wants to order about $300 worth of product and pay via cashier's check or money order. She said she doesn't have a credit card and is hard of hearing so cannot take phone calls.
Has anyone else gotten anything like this.
Here is a segment of her response:

Hello my name is Kelly I will like find some nice product that i will love to order from you .. I will have ordered them from my former pampered chef rep but she is so ill and got cancer and do not sell any more i will love to make you my new Rep . Payment will be made to you via Bank Certified Check or Money order u have clearance of your money before processing the order. so let me know if my mode of payment is accepted, as i do not operate credit card and i am an hearing impaired I would have love to call u back but u can keep texting me or email, i'll also tell my friends about you so that they also can patronize you.

Yeah, I am pretty sure it is, what is sort of scary is that they contacted me via my PamperedChef.biz website.
I guess i had better forward this to home office, not sure what they will do, but they should be aware.
One of the things that triggered it is the really poor grammar.,

Yes- there's always some weird grammer, word usage, and puctuation.

I non spreek Engrish so good, so save us all time please and just send me your credit card and social security numbers.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I non spreek Engrish so good, so save us all time please and just send me your credit card and social security numbers.
Not really sure what you are implying here, that I am being discriminative because of my comment about the poor grammar?

He's a prankster & just having fun. You didn't offend him. ;)I agree, SPAM! I'd ignore them & not even respond.

I've had two very similar emails. Definite scam!

What is "Too Good to Be True?"

"Too Good to Be True?" is a collection of recipes created by Pampered Chef that use healthier, lower-calorie ingredients without sacrificing flavor. These recipes are perfect for anyone looking to eat healthier without compromising on taste.

Are the recipes in "Too Good to Be True?" difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "Too Good to Be True?" are designed to be easy and convenient to make. They use simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions, making them accessible for even beginner cooks.

Can I still use Pampered Chef products to make these recipes?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Too Good to Be True?" were created with Pampered Chef products in mind. However, you can still make them using similar products from other brands.

Are the recipes in "Too Good to Be True?" only for those on a diet?

No, these recipes are suitable for anyone looking to eat healthier or reduce their calorie intake. They are not restricted to those on a specific diet and can be enjoyed by anyone.

Are the ingredients for these recipes expensive or hard to find?

No, the ingredients used in "Too Good to Be True?" recipes are easily accessible and can be found at most grocery stores. They are also budget-friendly, making it easy to incorporate these recipes into your regular meal planning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
  • cookn' katie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • gailz2