• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Pampered Chef My Full-Time Career?

In summary, new resident is trying to establish business, but is afraid of violating the neighborhood's code of conduct. Suggestion is to hold a party, and follow up with in-person contact.
hmolah
I've just moved to a really nice neighborhood, in a new area where I know no one! I'm trying to get Pampered Chef going again and since getting laid off a few weeks ago, I need to either make this work, or get a full time job. (I'm actually looking and applying for full time work currently, but would LOVE to make PC my full time business!)

My question is two-fold. I want to have a Mystery Host "Open House". In fact I have it set for next Thursday. I've been SOOO hesitant to go around and introduce myself to the neighbors! I've been out-spoken about the biz when I go to the stores, but I guess I worry about going around in my neighborhood. We live in the nicest community we've ever been, and with the homes being so $$$$ I guess I feel worried/concerned that my going around with invites and introducing myself as new to the neighborhood and a PC consultant wouldn't go well. I don't think I'd be violating any HOA rules if I knock. I don't want to just leave fliers, because then I probably would be in violation and fliers are so impersonal anyway. Should I continue with my plan to go around and introduce myself and invite people to the Mystery Host party??? The second half is, can I make PC my full time career??? I know I can - but how likely? I guess not likely if I don't get out there, huh??? lol

I guess I need some encouragement/advice. I'm really running out of time, and I've invited like 4 people that I already know OUTSIDE of my community. I don't know why I feel so inferior here! Help! :)

Thanks in advance. I feel so silly for even posting this!

Talk to your director about your desire to make PC full time, and I'm sure she'll be able to help you plan that and set reasonable goals and expectations.

As for the Open House, I say go for it! It's just like making calls: Some will, some won't, so what, who's next? When you do get someone who is interested in coming, ask them if they'd like you to call them to remind them day before the party. Then you can get contact info too.

I just talked to my husband about going around with invites, and he (and he's VERY supportive of my biz - and even attended conference with me one year) said that we would most likely be considered as soliciting if we took invites. So, he suggested that maybe we just introduce ourselves and mention what I do and go from there. We're in a 24/7 gated community and he's afraid that we'd be infringing on their desire to NOT have solicitation...

:( Just an update...

Well, if you're concerned about soliciting you could make the party just a meet-the-neighbors type of thing. Then you're not soliciting, you're just inviting neighbors to a party. Don't do a PC demo or anything, but make sure that you have your products prominently displayed, and make PC recipes. And have your 30-second commercial ready for when those neighbors ask you "So what do you do?"

I think this is a great way to meet your neighbors. Tell everyone that you are having a cookout to meet all of your new neighbors and that its going to be PC. That way - people wont feel duped when you have your PC stuff on display. Besides - people are always curious about the new neighbor and likely to come.

My first show was a "block party." We made flyers instead of the postcards and we made it clear that we were starting with a Pampered Chef show for the "ladies" at 4pm and then at 6pm all family members were welcome to join us for a casual block party. We told people just to bring a side dish to share.

My neighbor was the host so she went around handing out the flyers and then the day before I went around with her to remind people. It ended up being a lot of fun and we met a couple of new neighbors.

Maybe use your "pre-party" PC show to make the appetizers for the "meet our neighbors" portion or something like that!

I think that is a great idea.

However ... I would be sure to follow up with in-person contact.

A case it point ... In my previous product line, I learned about a great way to get contacts .. enclose a note for mom with a piece of candy when kids come trick or treating. Only problem ... trick or treat was over in my neighborhood! So I snagged some discount candy and merrily went door to door distributing them in an upscale neighborhood a few blocks away.

No response. Zip. Zero.

Later I was whining to God about it. I was reminded that the Bible says, "Ask, seek and knock." I didn't knock and I didn't ask!

So make the contact PERSONALIZED and you'll get much better response.

I have just done a "mystery host catalog show" and it will close tomorrow. I've had great success and will hit the $1,000 mark for the show! Since you are new to the area, why not do a mystery show via the website and with catalogs from you old area you moved from? I sent an email to about 100 people telling them about the special show I was doing and also followed up with some phone calls to customers. I tried to market to the customers I felt wouldn't probably do a show but would be interested in ordering for themselves and maybe a few others. I will try to attach the letter I sent in the post so you can see. Goodluck!

Good ideas! Thanks everyone! I don't have a lot of contacts, since I had stopped doing PC for about 10-11 months. I'm grandfathered into the new program, so I'm ok, but I plan to still have 2 shows this month. My event is a week away, and I'm going out this evening to invite neighbors, etc. I have gone out way in advance before and found that people weren't sure what they had planned, and kind of brushed it off. I've heard good response from those that booked and invited in close! So, I figure a week is still early enough, but also close enough to the event to get more invites. I did invites people when I doned my PC shirt and went looking for business on Tuesday! I'm hoping to have a pretty good response! We'll see!

1. What is "Too Forward? Just Moved!"?

"Too Forward? Just Moved!" is a collection of kitchen tools and gadgets designed to make cooking and entertaining in your new home easier and more efficient.

2. What types of products are included in the "Too Forward? Just Moved!" collection?

The collection includes items such as measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, cooking utensils, serving platters, and other kitchen essentials that are perfect for someone who has recently moved into a new home.

3. Are the products in the "Too Forward? Just Moved!" collection dishwasher safe?

Yes, most of the products in this collection are dishwasher safe. However, it is always recommended to check the specific product's instructions for care and cleaning.

4. Can I purchase the "Too Forward? Just Moved!" collection as a gift for someone else?

Yes, the "Too Forward? Just Moved!" collection makes a great housewarming or wedding gift for anyone who loves to cook and entertain. You can also add a personal touch by including a customized message or recipe with the gift.

5. Are there any special offers or discounts available for the "Too Forward? Just Moved!" collection?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, I can offer exclusive discounts and deals on the "Too Forward? Just Moved!" collection. Please contact me for more information on current offers and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kari L Ferrell
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • pameredchef007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lovecookn
  • Laurie Teas