• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tonight's Host Just Canceled!!

what was the expression... "heads up"?Hang in there! I think you may have a motivated but unmotivated host. What you need to do is send her a reminder call and see if that gets her motivated. If not, you may need to consider turning it into a catty show.
TheFreddiesCook
I just got an e-mail.... My show for tonight was canceled. She said no one was coming, that she just had a couple of outside orders. I told her if she wanted we could make it a catalog show and she could get more orders that way and maybe some benefits if it went over $150. I don't know what she will say...

This is the third time she tries to host and cancels because no one is attending...

Anything else I should do?

Did you send out invites for her? You can also offer incentives for attendance - bonus tickets for raffle if they're on time, if they bring a guest, etc...

Some hosts are just not motivated... And maybe she isn't getting positive responses to the invites and doesn't have the heart to let you down, or she keeps hoping for a different response from her guests - so she keeps rescheduling it... maybe the people on her guest list just doesn't include people that will shop or that attend home parties.

Geez Freddies! But I think Jenn is right. I think you have a very unmotivated host. You know what, I think it is time to back off with this one. I never reschedule a party with anyone who cancels on me twice. I do what I need to do and if the results are the same twice, it means there is an issue with this host. Why beat a dead horse? It ain't gonna go any where now or two months from now or even 10 years from now. You know how much effort you put into host coaching. And if you did everything the same way you do your successful shows, then it is the host. She is not doing something you asked her to do to help herself so... Is that not time you would rather spend on another host?

If she's motivated but just has a guestlist that is not- maybe try a catalog show and she can try to earn host benefits that way...? Worth a shot... =)

I have found that guests just don't RSVP any more so when the host doesn't hear from anyone they think of cancelling. When I suggest we go through with the show regardless, many of them are surprised when all of a sudden 10 people walk in the door that did not RSVP. Try to find out the real reason for the cancellation at the last minute.

How do I politely ask what happened?

Call and say,"tell me who you have talked to who isn't coming". It may not change the results, but it will let you know if she actually made the phone calles and followed up with the invites. Ask for specific names. She probably told you she invited 40 or so people, so have her give you those names (if you don't already have them), and what their response is and when she talked to them.
My guess is that she didn't invite and follow up as she should have.

Do you send out invites for her? Has she made reminder calls? Maybe you should think about making reminder calls for her. If all else fails, turn it into a catty show and see if she can at least get SOME free products.

TheFreddiesCook said:
I just got an e-mail.... My show for tonight was canceled. She said no one was coming, that she just had a couple of outside orders. I told her if she wanted we could make it a catalog show and she could get more orders that way and maybe some benefits if it went over $150. I don't know what she will say...

This is the third time she tries to host and cancels because no one is attending...

Just an update....

I just heard from the host... She only invited 4 people!!!!!!! And none of them could make it.
I had given her the 50 guests in 5 minutes list, talked to her about inviting, outside orders, etc... but looks like some of you here were right- she did not put a lot of effort into it...

Did not answer me either about doing a catalog show so I think this is a bless and release show... oh well...

Wow, Freddies! So sorry about this! Some people just don't get that you need to invite a lot of people to get a decent turn out.

I've had this happen. I had a girl all pysched up and then cancel a few days before. Then she rescheduled and canceled about 2 hours before the show. I gave up. I think that is just plain rude. She took care of her own invitations. I like to have the control over the invitations. I also refer people to use the evites and Facebook...I have had hosts who have had qualifying shows before I walk in the door because they posted it on their FB page....Sorry this happened to you. Funny thing is I think this host is mad at me because I may have had a bit of a tone with her when she canceled the seccond time.

I'd ask her about the outside orders she mentioned. Then tell her to ask if those invited 4 plan on ordering....then encourage for a couple more....who knows what kind of cat show she'll have. Since she didn't react to your mention of catalog show, leave the term out and just go by adding to those orders you already have.

FOUR?! COME ON! Even if ALL 4 came, that's still 4 people, lol! Even before I was a ds consultant (did mary kay before this, was aweful!) I knew that a decent party is like 8 or more... otherwise it's just awkward. She obviously didn't care! I would not pursue again, if she thinks it's advantageous to invite 4 people, she'll never even get a benefit and then may have a negative vision of you and/or PC. Did she mention anything about the outside orders? How much were they?

I would just resolve the catalog show thing and not reschedule her and note to self....don't do a cooking party for her in the future. She's clearly an unmotivated and unreliable host. You lose money when they cancel at the last minute. If she would give you the phone #'s to her guests I'd call them to see if they want to book a show but other than that...I would only to a catalog show for that host.

TheFreddiesCook said:

Freddies - I used to have a lot of parties like this... Then I insisted on sending the invites out myself and increased attendance and minimized cancellations. Now, it's case by case on who sends invites... I still offer to send them but won't fight the host if she prefers to do it herself.

What happens if my host cancels the party?

If your host cancels the party, you have a few options. You can either reschedule the party for a different date, find a new host to take their place, or convert the party to a catalog or virtual party.

Will I still earn rewards if my host cancels?

Yes, you will still earn rewards for the sales made at the party, even if the host cancels. However, if you choose to reschedule the party, the rewards will be applied to the new party date.

How do I find a new host to replace the canceled one?

If your host cancels, you can reach out to friends, family, or acquaintances to see if they would be interested in hosting a party instead. You can also ask guests who were planning on attending the canceled party if they would like to host one instead.

Can I still make sales if the party is canceled?

Yes, you can still make sales through online or catalog parties, even if the in-person party is canceled. You can also offer to do a personal shopping appointment with any interested guests.

What should I do if my host cancels last minute?

If your host cancels last minute, it's important to stay calm and assess the situation. You can either try to find a new host or suggest converting the party to a virtual one. You can also offer to do a personal shopping appointment with any interested guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefa
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • pcsharon1