• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Use a Food Chopper for Tomatoes in Salsa?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a food chopper to chop tomatoes for a salsa recipe. Participants suggest that as long as the tomatoes are firm, they can be successfully chopped in the chopper. Some prefer using a salad chopper, knife, or mandoline. Others advise deseeding the tomatoes beforehand to prevent a watery mess. It is also mentioned that choppers can be used for other ingredients, such as onions.
sburnside
Gold Member
I recently received a salsa recipe from my PC newsletter provider and it states to chop the tomatoes in the food chopper. Has anyone done this? I'm thinking the tomatoes would be too juicy and make a mess. Any suggestions?

As long as the tomatoes are fairly firm, not already soft and mushy, then can be chopped in the chopper. I personally prefer the salad choppers, a knife or the mandoline, but the chopper works too.

If it is a Salsa recipe - tomatoes can be chopped in the Food Chopper no problem - if they end up a little bit mushy - it wont matter.

I find a Field or Roma tomato are fine in the Food chopper - but a softer tomatoe like 'vine ripe' are too soft and turn to TOTAL mush...

You can also help by "deseeding" the tomatoes first. I usually do this for salsa, anyway, so it doesn't turn into a watery mess by the next day!

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

We use our food choppers when our church does indian tacos as a fundraiser. You have to be careful and not over chop the tomatoes or they will be mush. But, you can do it. The salad choppers work great too.

janetupnorth said:
As long as the tomatoes are fairly firm, not already soft and mushy, then can be chopped in the chopper. I personally prefer the salad choppers, a knife or the mandoline, but the chopper works too.
I like to use chopper. Of course, it is only suitable for fresh tomatoes. But I think using it to cut onions is definitely a great idea! You only need to divide it into two parts in advance, and then put it into the cutter to cut a lot of chopped onions in one minute. The cut onions are in the holding box, and take them out when you need them. You won't cry because of onions.

What is the best way to chop tomatoes in the Food Chopper?

The best way to chop tomatoes in the Food Chopper is to quarter them first and then place them in the chopper. This will ensure that the blades have enough space to evenly chop the tomatoes.

Can I use the Food Chopper to puree tomatoes?

No, the Food Chopper is not designed to puree tomatoes. It is best used for chopping and dicing vegetables and fruits.

Do I need to remove the seeds before chopping tomatoes in the Food Chopper?

No, the Food Chopper is powerful enough to chop tomatoes with their seeds. However, if you prefer to remove the seeds, you can do so before placing them in the chopper.

Can the Food Chopper handle cherry or grape tomatoes?

Yes, the Food Chopper can easily chop cherry or grape tomatoes. Just make sure to cut them in half before placing them in the chopper.

Is it safe to put the Food Chopper in the dishwasher?

Yes, all parts of the Food Chopper are dishwasher safe. Just make sure to separate the blades and the lid before placing them in the dishwasher to ensure a thorough clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mom4angela
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Polliewiggle
  • Products and Tips
Replies