• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Got Too Many Tomatoes? Try These Delicious Recipes for Storing Them!

In summary, Becky made a batch of pasta sauce and will probably make one more batch tonight. She was thinking of making salsa but wasn't sure how long it would keep. Other people have suggested pizza sauce or tomato basil soup.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
We made pasta sauce last night (7 pint size jars) and will probably make one more batch tonight. Any other great recipes for storing tomatoes? I was thinking salsa but not sure how long it would keep? Maybe pizza sauce? Please post your ideas as our garden has gone tomato crazy and I am picking about 15 every other day! Thanks :)

I make Salsa every year with my tomatoes!

I can it (you can cold pack can Salsa!) and I also put it into canning/freezing jars and freeze it. We go through about a pint a week at our house!

Becky,
what do you mean cold pack can? does that mean that the salsa doesn't have to be warm before it goes into the cans and the water bath? sorry this is my first year trying this :)

chefmoseley said:
Becky,
what do you mean cold pack can? does that mean that the salsa doesn't have to be warm before it goes into the cans and the water bath? sorry this is my first year trying this :)

Sorry - cold pack is water bath - yes. You can mix it up and put it in the water bath for 45 minutes and it's ready!

Last fall I did a google search for canning salsa and found some great recipes and tips. If I can find the link to my favorite one I will post it. But I do remember it was a cold-pack as well.

I usually can around 50-75 quarts of tomatoes each year. I generally just do them plain versus making sauce. That way in the winter months I can simmer my canned tomatoes on the stove and make the sauce from that. (smells so good in the deep winter months). I also do alot of salsa as well. Tomato paste is easy to do as well, and also tomato juice.

My mom used to make tomato goulash with green peppers, onions and bacon, cook it down until it comes together. Great on toast!

I just keep thinking that tomatoes coming out of your ears would be messy and painful.

I just know mine will be ready when I am gone for 2 weeks!

our tomatoes arent doing eell this yr and I am bummed. We love fresh tomatoes

raebates said:
I just keep thinking that tomatoes coming out of your ears would be messy and painful.

beats the Wazoo! :yuck:

esavvymom said:
beats the Wazoo! :yuck:

Um . . . comment withheld in the interest of good taste. :rolleyes:

I make tomato basil soup freeze it in quart baggies and when I am ready to cook it i add my butter and heavy whipping creamTomato Basil Soup
5 fresh tomatoes quartered
5 cups Campbells tomato juice
20 basil leaves fresh comes in a plastic box in produce
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup salted butter
pepper to taste
Simmer tomatoes and juice 30 minutes in a stock pot. Cool (this is very important or you
will have burns) Pour into blender with the basil leaves puree!!!
Return to stove on medium heat stir in the butter, pepper and cream
Do not boil.
This tastes better the second day.
I usually double or triple the batch.

What is "Tomatoes Coming Outta My Ears!"?

"Tomatoes Coming Outta My Ears!" is a collection of delicious and creative recipes that use tomatoes as the main ingredient. It is a great way to add variety to your meals and make the most out of the abundance of tomatoes during the summer season.

Are the recipes in "Tomatoes Coming Outta My Ears!" easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "Tomatoes Coming Outta My Ears!" are designed to be simple and easy to follow, even for beginners. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and a list of ingredients that can be easily found at any grocery store.

Can I use different types of tomatoes in the recipes?

Absolutely! The recipes in "Tomatoes Coming Outta My Ears!" are versatile and can be made with any type of tomatoes, whether it's cherry tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, or heirloom tomatoes. Feel free to experiment and use your favorite variety.

Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in "Tomatoes Coming Outta My Ears!"?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian and vegan options in "Tomatoes Coming Outta My Ears!" The book includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary preferences, so everyone can enjoy the deliciousness of tomatoes.

Can I purchase "Tomatoes Coming Outta My Ears!" online?

Yes, "Tomatoes Coming Outta My Ears!" is available for purchase online through the Pampered Chef website. You can also find it at select retail stores that carry Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DessertDivaFL
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
slhale
Replies