• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tomato Seeds Everywhere! Microwave Jumping Disaster!

In summary, the problem with the lids on some microwaves is that they are not snug and the tomato seeds can come out. The sloping base of the lid is probably causing the problem.
Jillmami
Does anyone else lid "jump" while in the microwave? I opened up my host's microwave last night and there were tomato seeds all over her microwave door from the dcb!! yikes!

I have heard it wobble from time to time due to the fat from the chicken exploding inside the DCB. I am not worried and I haven't had anyone say anything about theirs "jumping". I think the lid must not have been centered for the tomato seeds to come out. That lid is pretty heavy.

I purchased the white DCB and the lid was horrible! I had to do 4, yes 4!, returns on the lid! There were gaps between the lid and the actual baker! Horrible! The last one I got really isn't any better but I'm so annoyed at returning. Could it be that do you think?

I've never had anything come out of mine, but I've heard it almost "pop" before while in the microwave.

I had a customer with a lid that wobbled so much the tomato seeds exploded all over the inside of her microwave. I did a full product adjustment & now all is well. :)Kelly - maybe the problem is your base - not the lid(s).

I didn't think they'd even do an adjustment for just the lid.

Oh they don't. they sent 4 different bakers. When I called to get the fourth one, the HO rep was kind of annoyed, saying to me that the lids aren't supposed to sit snug and that this is costing the company. I told her No doubt! I'm sure it is! I even tried to use the baker with the lid as is, and it created a huge mess in my microwave. I really took offense to that cuz I'm in the field, hands on the products all the time. Like I wouldn't know how the baker is suppposed to fit. I know it wasn't supposed to be like a tupperware container but jeesh!

Kelly - maybe the problem is your base - not the lid(s).[/QUOTE]

It was (is). By holding the baker up eye level, you could see it seriously slope from one side to the next.

My aunt had one that was so obviously wobbly that I did the return. I got hers back and there was a horribly huge gap on one of the narrow sides. My dad got out his level just for the heck it and I grabbed my baker. I put the lid on mine and it was fine. So we put the level across the top of the baker itself. According to the level it was out of whack by almost 20% on one side!

pampered1224 said:
My aunt had one that was so obviously wobbly that I did the return. I got hers back and there was a horribly huge gap on one of the narrow sides. My dad got out his level just for the heck it and I grabbed my baker. I put the lid on mine and it was fine. So we put the level across the top of the baker itself. According to the level it was out of whack by almost 20% on one side!

You should take a photo and send it to Product or HO. It's costing them money to be replacing bad batches from the manufacturer.

1. How can I prevent tomato seeds from exploding in the microwave?

To prevent tomato seeds from exploding in the microwave, make sure to pierce the skin of the tomato multiple times with a fork or knife before microwaving. This will allow the steam to escape and prevent pressure from building up inside the tomato.

2. Can I still use the tomato after the seeds have exploded?

Yes, you can still use the tomato after the seeds have exploded. However, make sure to carefully remove any remaining seeds and clean up any mess in the microwave before continuing to use it.

3. Why do tomato seeds explode in the microwave?

Tomato seeds have a high water content, which turns into steam when heated in the microwave. Without a way to escape, the steam builds up pressure and causes the seeds to explode.

4. Can I microwave tomatoes without cutting them?

No, it is not recommended to microwave whole tomatoes without cutting them. The steam needs to be able to escape in order to prevent the seeds from exploding.

5. Are there any other tips for microwaving tomatoes?

Yes, you can also cover the tomato with a paper towel or microwave-safe lid to contain any exploding seeds. It is also recommended to microwave on a lower power setting and for shorter periods of time to reduce the risk of tomato seeds exploding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christ Follower
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jenniferlynne
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • naekelsey