• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tomato Paste in a Tube, No Waste

In summary, the product is a tube of tomato paste that you only need a little of, and it stays fresh and cool.
BlessedWifeMommy
I was watching Rachel Ray last week and saw a new (at least new to me) product. Tomato Paste in a tube. You only use what you need, and the rest stays fresh. It is so cool. I know it has been around for years, but it is the first time I've seen it, so I found some on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FA1KLW/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I just hate when I end up throwing out tomato paste because the other half of the can (even when I transfer it to a small dish) goes bad before I can use it. It goes bad because it is exposed to the air. In the tube the air can't get to the left over. I know I could freeze the remaining, but I don't have that kind of time.

I know it is a convince item, but I'm loving it. There are lots of recipes that only call for a Tablespoon or two of paste.

Just thought I would share! :thumbup:

Never heard of this. Sounds like a good idea. I always keep one of the small cans of Hunts around and never seem to need less than that. I can think of alot of things they could put into a tube to save us money.

Some specialty stores carry the tubes, if you don't want to pay shipping from an online retailer. I had one that I picked up from Trader Joe's (I think). It was quite convenient, while it lasted.

Thanks. I saw Rachel use it too and I was wondering where to find some. It is a good idea when you just need a couple tablespoons of it.

I love it. Sometimes I can find it in my local grocery store. Chances are good that it will be up high on a shelf.

Our grocery store here carries in on the top shelf and it is wonderful. I know at our grocery store if they don't have a product that you want if you ask them theywill order it for you to pick up later on, maybe ask your grocery store if they will do that for you.

I freeze tablespoon-sized blobs on wax paper and then put them in a ziplock freezer bag once they're firm. Then I can take them out of the freezer a tablespoon at a time. Our grocery store has the tubes, but they are really expensive.

jackieblue said:
I freeze tablespoon-sized blobs on wax paper and then put them in a ziplock freezer bag once they're firm. Then I can take them out of the freezer a tablespoon at a time. Our grocery store has the tubes, but they are really expensive.
I've done this before too. The small scoop is one tablespoon, and an easy way to portion it out to freeze.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've done this before too. The small scoop is one tablespoon, and an easy way to portion it out to freeze.

Yup, that's what I do - I portion it onto silpats for freezing. Parchment paper would work too. Then just store in a ziplock bag. The tubes of tomato paste are kind of neat but *so* expensive.

Lindsay said:
Yup, that's what I do - I portion it onto silpats for freezing. Parchment paper would work too. Then just store in a ziplock bag. The tubes of tomato paste are kind of neat but *so* expensive.

Yep, it is all about convenience. I wish I had time to do that, but when I have an open can, it always seems like something happens that I don't have time to save them...

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I was watching Rachel Ray last week and saw a new (at least new to me) product. Tomato Paste in a tube. You only use what you need, and the rest stays fresh. It is so cool. I know it has been around for years, but it is the first time I've seen it, so I found some on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FA1KLW/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I just hate when I end up throwing out tomato paste because the other half of the can (even when I transfer it to a small dish) goes bad before I can use it. It goes bad because it is exposed to the air. In the tube the air can't get to the left over. I know I could freeze the remaining, but I don't have that kind of time.

I know it is a convince item, but I'm loving it. There are lots of recipes that only call for a Tablespoon or two of paste.

Just thought I would share! :thumbup:

Yes, and it stays good for SO long! I very rarely use tomato paste, so this is the perfect thing for me :) I LOVE having it!

I find it at my regular grocery store too.

What is tomato paste in a tube?

Tomato paste in a tube is a convenient and mess-free alternative to traditional canned tomato paste. It is a concentrated form of tomatoes that adds rich flavor to dishes.

How does tomato paste in a tube reduce waste?

The tube packaging allows you to squeeze out just the amount of tomato paste needed, eliminating the need to open a whole can and risk wasting the rest. This can also save space in your fridge since the tube is smaller than a can.

Can I substitute tomato paste in a tube for canned tomato paste in recipes?

Yes, you can substitute tomato paste in a tube for canned tomato paste in recipes. However, keep in mind that the concentration of tomato paste may vary between brands, so it is recommended to adjust the amount used accordingly.

How long does tomato paste in a tube last?

Tomato paste in a tube has a longer shelf life than canned tomato paste. It can last up to 2 years in the pantry, and once opened, it can last for several months in the fridge.

Can I freeze tomato paste in a tube?

Yes, you can freeze tomato paste in a tube. Simply squeeze out the amount needed, wrap the rest of the tube tightly in plastic wrap, and place it in the freezer. It can be thawed and used as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sillylittlechef
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
  • wadesgirl