• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tom Marston, Cooking Show Live!

In summary, the show was great, Tom is an amazing speaker and motivator, and the audience had a blast.
pamperedlinda said:
I know how she knows........;)

Ohhhh...do tell ;)

pamperedlinda said:
Can't, it's a secret......:angel:

Is she having some sort of sordid affair with Tom behind our backs?!?!
And hey - what ever happened to Laura with the boots? She hasn't posted in ages!

dannyzmom said:
Is she having some sort of sordid affair with Tom behind our backs?!?!
And hey - what ever happened to Laura with the boots? She hasn't posted in ages!
I guess if anyone could get Tom to switch sides it would be Gillian:eek: . I've been wondering where Laura is too, I miss her!

Yes - good question...where IS Laura?? hopefully she's so busy with the other company that she doesn't have time to check in here! It would be nice to hear from her, though...

I wasn't familiar with Private Quarters...so I searched it...
nice looking stuff!!
But the host program!!!:eek: :thumbdown:
Sorry but our hosts are treated like ROYALTY!!!:thumbup: :angel:

You have to have $500 in sales to get the 60% off item!! You pay shipping unless your show is at least $500...

Do they make a wonderful commission or something?

I guess the appeal for them to go to PQ instead of PC is it's such a new company, they can shoot straight to the top - like Nancy Jo !!! OMG!! It pays to help start up a company and stick with it for years !

THere's still plenty of room for growth right here with PC though...my heart is here

Well, I have looked into many companies and Imho pc has the best specials and treat consultants better than others...

Well, this thread has taken new life...
Gill you've got me interested...:cool:

Our hosts are treated much better than a lot of other companies do. I just had a Longerberger party and hosts get:

*One half price item at $150, 2 at $500, 3 at $1000.

*Host pays shipping until she gets to $750 in guest sales.

*Free products start at $25 with $250 in sales and at $1500 hosts get $175 free.:eek:

Sounds to me like Gill is selling sheets & towels now....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;)

Ginger428 said:
Sounds to me like Gill is selling sheets & towels now....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;)

I was thinking that too...guess that answers the question for sure on Director vs. Consultant for her.

C'mon Gill; spill the beans! Gotta let your cheffers know! (at least PM us that are so curious:p )

janetupnorth said:
I was thinking that too...guess that answers the question for sure on Director vs. Consultant for her.

ditto on that thought.......

it's up to Gillian to let us know or not!! ;)

pcchris said:
ditto on that thought.......

it's up to Gillian to let us know or not!! ;)

I agree...as much as we would like to know it is up to Gillian. (I'm thinking Gillian is at least thinking about it and i wish her all the luck with her choice!)

But, of course....we could be wrong too!!

pcchris said:
But, of course....we could be wrong too!!
OH, I didn't think cheffers were ever wrong, lol:angel:

I'm still here, checking in every once in a while... just don't post as much. ;)

Thanks for asking how we're doing. Tom's doing well, I'm doing well... we both just promoted to Group Leader (...well, I promote October 1st - Pampered Chef's version of Director). Tom is about to promote to Sr. Group Leader (Pampered Chef's version of Advanced Director) and I will promote to Senior around December or January.

Our team is doing phenomenal - we're really blessed with a group that's really excited about the opportunity and are determined to succeed. :)

In regards to the host program, to answer your questions... we're working with the president of the company to enhance it even further, but I dont see anything wrong with it at all... I do have ideas tho -- and I have a phone appt with Jeff Stroud this week to discuss. :D

If you're comparing PC to another company, you're comparing apples to oranges. The host programs like PQ's are relative to the show averages and other marketing factors/time in business. What makes sense for PQ and companies with similar host plans / show averages would seem out of whack for PC. It's all relative. :)
PS: When PC was a little younger, they had a very similar host program, btw. ;)

Besides - most hosts don't do parties for the host rewards. They do it to have fun and enjoy time shopping with their friends. If you're a good consultant (no matter what company you're with), your hosts will always be happy in the end, and thats all that matters.

Regardless, direct sales is direct sales. Some are going to be different, of course. That's what's great about it. If everyone joined/sold for the same company, there'd be no variety. It takes a good strong consultant to get over the "mine is bigger/better" mentality and allow themselves to really learn from their colleagues in other companies. The ones who get over it, are the mega-successful ones. People that focus on the negatives are the ones that are short-lived and narrow minded, ever notice that?

Mind you, it's great to be excited about your company - but you can do that without putting another one down. :)

Direct Sales is one huge family, IMO... and I'm just glad I have the best job for me - a consultant in Direct Sales. :)

PS: Hi Gillian! :D

Glad you're both doing so well Laura:)

Pampered Laura said:
I'm still here, checking in every once in a while... just don't post as much. ;) :)
Glad you popped in, I've missed you around here! Don't wait so long to speak to us next time!

So, are you a star recruiter at PQ just like you were at PC? You need to share some of that recruiting mojo that you have.....

Last edited:
My post was deleted by the admin. I gave my stats of recruiting and offered to give advice.

So I guess I'll just say that if you have questions for me for whatever reason, just email or call me. [email protected]. I won't be posting on Chef Success anymore.

Thanks.

Pampered Laura said:
My post was deleted by the admin. I gave my stats of recruiting and offered to give advice.

So I guess I'll just say that if you have questions for me for whatever reason, just email or call me. [email protected]. I won't be posting on Chef Success anymore.

Thanks.
Well, since I missed it, I'm sure it must have been really good or it would still be here, I'll pm you. Sorry I asked, I thought we were just sharing some tips and advice here.

Sorry Laura, and so sad to hear you won't be posting here on CS anymore! I guess I will have to email ya to echat! Take care!

Well, Laura, we'll miss hearing from you. Happy to know you're stillchecking in though...congrats on your promotion already!!

Pampered Laura said:

Thanks.
I'm sorry that you won't be posting on here anymore, I really enjoyed you, Laura! I didn't feel sad that you had left (the company, that is)because you were still posting! Now, it will be more sad!:( :cry: :thumbdown:

Pampered Laura said:
PS: Hi Gillian! :D
uhhhhh.... I think this might be giving us the answer we are so desperately wanting to know. hmmmmm??!! Gillian, you could pm me too and let me know, cause dang I'm curious, and curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought her back! And Cat is my nickname so I can use this line all I want!!! :p ;)

what is private quarters? PQ?

Poor Laura... you just always get the raw end of the deal huh?

For the big answer... As of this moment I am selling for both companies. I totally agree with Laura that comparing host benefits is apples to oranges. PQ sells bigger items that cost more, therefore show average and order average are way higher, resulting in a higher goal for hosts. Also, host orders count towards the total so that brings the average up as well.

I love PC and will continue to sell as long as I can, but I am finding it increasing harder to sell in Alaska due to the huge shipping costs and more competition heading north...

Okay I can tell that I haven't been on here very often .... But where did I fall off the horse????? Everyone is leaving PC???!!! :(

mommyhugz1978 said:
Okay I can tell that I haven't been on here very often .... But where did I fall off the horse????? Everyone is leaving PC???!!! :(
Whoa!! :eek: :eek: Back the horse up!!:balloon:

No one said everyone is leaving PC!!

A FEW people from this board have left...that is NORMAL turnover. If you look at PC as a whole, there are tons of people who are "lifers" with PC! Lots of people with +10 years. (To me, this says A LOT about our company!!) As my director has always told me (so I have the right way of looking at my recruits that I need to become a director) that 30% are coming into the business, 30% are working/staying, and 30% are leaving the business.

Leah~ Certainly don't think I am yelling at you... I just don't want to see a huge fiasco/scare come about from what is normal turnover.

Like Laura has pointed out numerous times (and I still do NOT feel that she has actively recruited here, but that's JMHO) we all need to sell what we feel in our HEARTS!! If we all sold the same thing, life would be pretty darn boring.

Some of us have a passion for PC and others are still looking for their passion. Like Kelly said, 1/3 going, 1/3 staying, 1/3 coming. There are way more people joining PC and this board than are leaving. Bless and release and work toward your personal goals.

We are here at CS to help each other with our Pampered Chef businesses and wish the best that choose to go elsewhere to live their dreams. It all keeps the world interesting!

I love Longaberger and Party Lite and other products sold by direct sales but I only have a passion to sell Pampered Chef. I believe in this company and it's mission and am happy here. I know everyone doesn't feel exactly as I do and that is good! After all, if everyone only sold PC where would I buy my baskets and candles?

Like I said, I am not leaving PC, just branching out to something else. They sell no competing products except the microfiber towel... I did it the right way. I stepped down from my directorship first, and joined a new company with new training that I can apply to both businesses. If PC wants to punish me for that then it is a sign from above that PC isn't for me.

I sometimes wonder what is going on in this board anymore......I am not hear as often as i like to be.. I kinda got buried with school and medical stuff...... I am not planning on leaving PC anytime soon....... I like other DS companies like Close to my heart scrap booking.... But Their is no way I could sell scrap booking stuff.. or Party Lite or At home America...... but my passion right now is PC....... It seems like their has been a lot more people leaving this year than I noticed last year... :( Then their is the heated debates that are going on CS ( yet another reason that I don't' post as much ) What has happen to our close nit group??? And I know their are people on hear that don't like me but that is your opinion of me...... Oh well...... I can't apease everyone on CS.... nor in my own personal life..... But I do try and help my business....... just a little bit!!!

I have to agree that CS isn't what it used to be since I joined 2.5 years ago
:(. It started back with this "HUGE incident" and ever since Paige has been missing I feel this place has not been the same! Very catty, argumentive and mean sometimes. I only log on here a few times a day rather then 24/7 lurking and posting. We just don't seem tight knit anymore.

I hope those who have left to another DS company still come here to chat with us and share their experiences as I think we can learn something from all companies and from eachother?! I would still welcome their feedback and freindship wherever they are! If not and some people feel this is a "TPC place only" then maybe we can start a new website for our "Mutual virtual friends" just for chatting, general TIPs for DS companies etc?

I hope CS becomes the place I once knew it to be, HAPPY, SUPPORTIVE, SILLY, AN AWESOME PLACE TO BE ALL OF THE TIME!

We all have our opinions and we should respect one another no matter what! We are CSers and should love and support one another no matter what.

Anyways those are just my feelings.

heat123 said:
I hope CS becomes the place I once knew it to be, HAPPY, SUPPORTIVE, SILLY, AN AWESOME PLACE TO BE ALL OF THE TIME!

We all have our opinions and we should respect one another no matter what! We are CSers and should love and support one another no matter what.

Anyways those are just my feelings.
I respectfully disagree with what I bolded and totally agree with what I highlighted in red.

I think there are a TON of threads on this site that are supportive, helpful and silly. This particular thread has some negative in it and we all know that other threads have also been very negative. We should let those (and this) threads die and concentrate on the positive!

There will always be the person here and there that will rile one of us up and start a negative bunch of posts. We are mostly women and unfortunately many of us can't keep our opinions to ourselves (I'm the first to admit that about myself) but our opinions are just that, OUR opinions and we should all respect that of each other.

I really hope we can let this thread die and concentrate on the helpful or silly ones and on our businesses! Isn't that why we are here anyway? To get help and help others succeed with their Pampered Chef businesses??

BethCooks4U said:
I respectfully disagree with what I bolded and totally agree with what I highlighted in red.

I think there are a TON of threads on this site that are supportive, helpful and silly. This particular thread has some negative in it and we all know that other threads have also been very negative. We should let those (and this) threads die and concentrate on the positive!

There will always be the person here and there that will rile one of us up and start a negative bunch of posts. We are mostly women and unfortunately many of us can't keep our opinions to ourselves (I'm the first to admit that about myself) but our opinions are just that, OUR opinions and we should all respect that of each other.

I really hope we can let this thread die and concentrate on the helpful or silly ones and on our businesses! Isn't that why we are here anyway? To get help and help others succeed with their Pampered Chef businesses??

I agree with you Beth........ and I agree with Heather as well....... I am first to admit I haven't been happy about somethings.... and maybe I got defensive in my own little way..... But the main reason I joined CS was to help my business...... their have been times during this summer that I haven't really wanted to post anything....... maybe you are right Beth we just need to let Threads die and move on the positive.... but that takes effort on everyone's part.....

JMHO

Beth, I don't mean to Say CS is never supportive or helpful it's just not the way it used to be when I first discovered it that is all I meant.

heat123 said:
Beth, I don't mean to Say Chef Success is never supportive or helpful it's just not the way it used to be when I first discovered it that is all I meant.

I am finding people are a little more defensive than they used to be.... it could have a lot to do with Paige missing... or just life in general... it's not the same as it once was........and let me tell you the meet and greets that we had at conference were a blast.........

heat123 said:
Beth, I don't mean to Say Chef Success is never supportive or helpful it's just not the way it used to be when I first discovered it that is all I meant.
I know that Heather. I just wanted to try to point out that there ARE a lot of positives. We all sometimes focus on the negative and I heard some of that in the post. Nothing personal!

Now, can we let this thread die so that it doesn't cause any more stress :yuck: for anyone??

BethCooks4U said:
I know that Heather. I just wanted to try to point out that there ARE a lot of positives. We all sometimes focus on the negative and I heard some of that in the post. Nothing personal!

Now, can we let this thread die so that it doesn't cause any more stress :yuck: for anyone??

Sounds like a good idea Beth!!!

ok BANG it's dead!

so how's the weather out in your neck of the woods Leah and Beth?
San diego has finally cooled down, actually rained today and is about 65 this morning! I am soo happy for cooler weather! I love wearing sweats or joggin suits every day!

heat123 said:
ok BANG it's dead!

so how's the weather out in your neck of the woods Leah and Beth?
San diego has finally cooled down, actually rained today and is about 65 this morning! I am soo happy for cooler weather! I love wearing sweats or joggin suits every day!

Astoria is finally cooled down back to it's normal 65 degree's ........ after have two weeks of really hot weather!!!! Any one else have issues with their kiddo's coming home with the sniffles???:yuck:

Hey Beth,
Since no one has been able to kill the Thread Killer's thread, are you trying to kill this one?:rolleyes:

Are you getting some practice?:D

All said with a light heart.:p

Well we just had to...... it was too depressing!! LOL

genburk said:
Hey Beth,
Since no one has been able to kill the Thread Killer's thread, are you trying to kill this one?:rolleyes:

Are you getting some practice?:D

All said with a light heart.:p
Yes, that is exactly what I'm trying to do but you guys keep posting after me! :yuck: :eek: :eek:

BethCooks4U said:
Yes, that is exactly what I'm trying to do but you guys keep posting after me! :yuck: :eek: :eek:

Well Darn it all start a new thread ... so we know where to post rather than on this one!!!:D

mommyhugz1978 said:
Well Darn it all start a new thread ... so we know where to post rather than on this one!!!:D
Post anywhere you want - just not here!!!:love:

BethCooks4U said:
Post anywhere you want - just not here!!!:love:

That was a hint for you to start a new thread not me......:balloon: :love: but I guess I will do it!!! LOL

BethCooks4U said:

I wholeheartedly AGREE with EVERYTHING Beth said here.

Oh no-- I posted before reading all the way though - I didn't realize we were killing the thread...oops.

Ok - - it's raining here. How 'bout by you?
I am taking the kids to see High School Musical on Ice this afternoon - shhh, it's a surprise, I haven't told them!

dannyzmom said:
Oh no-- I posted before reading all the way though - I didn't realize we were killing the thread...oops.

Ok - - it's raining here. How 'bout by you?
I am taking the kids to see High School Musical on Ice this afternoon - shhh, it's a surprise, I haven't told them!
Carloyn, you can't kill a thread with a question!!!

Shhhhhhhh.....

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SusanBP0129
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
SusanBP0129
  • funinyourkitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
funinyourkitchen