• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tom Marston, Cooking Show Live!

In summary, the show was great, Tom is an amazing speaker and motivator, and the audience had a blast.
Ann: You crack me up!

I wish we could ask him how he gets so many catalog shows!

Does anyone have the "Take a closer look" Flyer and "Need more Money" Flyer that Tom uses in his Manila Folders??

Thanks

Mike

Well, I don't just want his ideas!I WANT TO BE HIM!! Geez, the guys got it down to an art form and here we all are going gaga over his achievements! I have always been at a different conference than him or in another Cooking Show Live than his. I wish I could catch him in action sometime. If I could "see" what he is doing maybe I could emulate some of his program better. Is there a Cooking Show Live DVD or tape from the Home Office with him on it? That would be a great start! Other wise I may have to move east for a month or two and have him consult a show for me. How does Mr. Jones sounds?

I would love to see his flyers.

John: You crack me up!

My first workshop at conference was "Super Start Your New Consultants" workshop and he was one of the speakers. It's very entertaining to listen to and watch him, so I'm sure his shows are great. I love how he rolled his eyes when the co-presenter went on and on about his accomplishments. He did the same thing on stage during the general session recognition. :)

Becky!!! OMG we were in THAT workshop together as well and never met up?!?! Wow, did I have my head in my rear or what?!?!?

pampered1224 said:
I just got the site name. Too simple, love it!

Now I gotta check it out!

This thread is too long to go through and remind myself.... What site John? Will you share?

Is there a PC dvd with one of Tom's cooking shows?

He taught one of the workshops I took at conference.... He is such a cutie! I think I have a little crush (don't tell my husband)! hee hee. Seriously though, he is such a great business man. He and Tara Woodward did a fabulous job!

DebbieJ said:
Becky!!! OMG we were in THAT workshop together as well and never met up?!?! Wow, did I have my head in my rear or what?!?!?
No way! I must have been in my own world too for not paying closer attention to name tags!! Bummer.

its_me_susan said:
He taught one of the workshops I took at conference.... He is such a cutie! I think I have a little crush (don't tell my husband)! hee hee. Seriously though, he is such a great business man. He and Tara Woodward did a fabulous job!

I won't tell your husband if you don't tell mine.

I have to ask, was he relaxed during your class? When he was on stage he looked like a (cute) gawky/gangly teenager. Like his skin didn't fit.

Susan, you were in Super Start during Wave 1, workshop one as well? Oh my, was I blind or what?

Anyway, he was very relaxed in our workshop. He didn't seem himself on stage at all.

I Lost It!I can not find the web address anywhere. I had it written down and it's gone. Sorry! And I have not heard anything about a DVD/tape with his KSL. So... I guess I am out of luck.

Last edited:
/cookingtom

HTH

/cookingtom

I think we should all post it just to be smarties!

Hey-
anyone else notice how he runs his fundraisers? The organization gets 50% of the proceeds. Huh? Anyone know how he manages that?

Also, going back to his show process. He sends the catalog home with the guests from them to look thru. Does that mean he doesn't actually take orders the night of the show????? Does he call them later? This is very confusing to me...

I did a show tonite and incorporated the 3 questions he uses (easy to use, easy to clean, recommend it), and everyone really got into it. Worked really well--we just played with it! Sold a lot more stoneware that way, and got 5 (yes 5) potential bookings out of the show!!!:D And the best part? I didn't even turn on her oven!!!! I made Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps and the Fruit Pizza.

Crystal, where do you see this info on his fundraisers???

I just got back from National Conference..... so I just learned about this website when I saw that you got to one of his Cooking live shows.... I had to read about it..... Looks like you learned alot... I have a show coming up in a few days I will have to try is non demoing durning the show and see how it works for me.

Leah Hudson

Welcome Leah, good to have new members, keeps things going on here. Let us all know how it works for you. BTW, who was it that turned you into a Cheffer?

Welcome Leah! Conference has all sorts of benefits, huh? LOL

DebbieJ said:

I was in that workshop too!!!

DebbieJ said:
Susan, you were in Super Start during Wave 1, workshop one as well? Oh my, was I blind or what?

Anyway, he was very relaxed in our workshop. He didn't seem himself on stage at all.

Debbie I had the little cheffer chef cartoon guy on my name tag! Was wearing a purple dress with flowers, sat on the right (see below the picture of Jayne, Janice and me). Darn! Next year we must all wear something more noticeable!

Hi!

I just saw a show given by Nancy Jo Ryan, #1 person the Company! She was the best I've ever seen! She was so laid back and made it all look so easy. She smiled the entire time and was like a Pampered Chef magnet making everyone in the room wanting to host a show and actually join the Company. I learn some great tips from her and felt so honored to be able to see her show and meet her!

Michele Braden
Minooka, IL

How lucky are you?!?! Were you invited to a show, or was this a demo for consultants? Any tips to share on wording she used, etc. What kind of demo did she do?

Yes - please tell us all about it! I need some fresh ideas for a brunch on Saturday!

AJPratt said:
Welcome Leah! Conference has all sorts of benefits, huh? LOL

I loved confernce...... As to who asked me who turned me into PC... Well I turned my self in ... I was a home office referal...... I logged onto the website and it connected me with my directors website!!! :)

Michele2167 said:
Hi!

I just saw a show given by Nancy Jo Ryan, #1 person the Company! She was the best I've ever seen! She was so laid back and made it all look so easy. She smiled the entire time and was like a Pampered Chef magnet making everyone in the room wanting to host a show and actually join the Company. I learn some great tips from her and felt so honored to be able to see her show and meet her!

Michele Braden
Minooka, IL

Michele, Will you start a new thread (this one is getting too long to follow) with your Nancy Jo tips please???!!! ??? :)

its_me_susan said:
Michele, Will you start a new thread (this one is getting too long to follow) with your Nancy Jo tips please???!!! ??? :)

Excellent idea! I look forward to reading & learning more!:) :) :)

Hi guys!

The show with Nancy Jo was great! She made the Chicken Risotto and the strawberry tuxedos. She presented her show in the middle of the kitchen using a portable frying pan instead of using the stove. When she was preparing everything, it just seemed to flow. She had a lot of the guests helping her prepare the food. No one was bored and just sitting there waiting for her to start. They were all interested in waht was going on in the kitchen. There were over 15 women and alomst every one of them were involved. It was like a big party and Nancy Jo was one of the guests. She never made anyone feel like she as above anyone in spite of the fact that her she is #1 in the Company and she has 160 in her first line and 2,500 more recruits under the first line.

She began her presentation wth her story over over 20 years in the company. She mentioned that she began the business for extra Xmas money! She NEVER asked for a booking! She booked 4 shows that night though. She said to the guests that she is going to make them want HER! She smiled the entire time and was literally a PC magnet where people just wanted to host to have Nancy Jo in their house. She talked to a potential recruit who will most likely join.

I really think in addition to having the 20 year experience, it was her personality, knowledge, smile and laid back attitude that makes her so successful. This is one woman I was totally honored to meet and learn from!

Take Care!
Michele

Oh yeah....stupid question but how do I start a NEW post?

Thanks
Michele

Michele: Not a stupid question! Just go to the section you want to start a thread in, just like if you were reading, and click on the blue button that says "New Thread". Just go from there!

Ok Anne....

I must be a dummy because I still don't see the blue button to start a new thread. HELP!!!!!! Sorry =(

I was there with Michele, too...it was pretty great! I felt like we were groupies..."Nancy Jo, we love you!!!! WOOO!"

If you go to Administrative then Meeting Tips, right under Meeting Tips is an oval like button before all of the posts that says NEW THREAD and you click that.

did anyone start a new thread for Nancy Jo's Show that she did???

Congrats on becoming a Director!!!! I will be walking with you! I have three recruits and will be getting two more soon. My goal is to have 10 by next year. I only signed up the end of February! I am so excited!

Take Care!
Michele Braden
Minooka, IL

Michele: Congrats for having the courage to recruit so early! It took me a year!

Did anyone find the Tom Marton Flyers?

Does anyone have info on hos Bingo Shows? I have e-mailed him twice and no response, I don't want to keep bugging him! Thanks!

I also emailed him. he has no flyers, and would take to long to explain. But offered me the chance to come to one if in the area. I live in Northern Illinois, so that is not going to happen. Would love it if anybody else has info on how it works.

Let's hear it, Andrea!3 pages - do you have at least 2 pages to share with us? Thank you!!

Tom Marston website
kitchencop said:
/cookingtom

HTH

FYI: no longer a valid PC website.

rwester said:
FYI: no longer a valid PC website.
I just noticed this tip:
*my favorite is...a bowl for the KitchenAid mixer will cost $59, our SS Bowls will fit perfectly into the hole in the mixer...each bowl fits and because it has a rubber bottom it doesn't have to lock in...how cool is that?

I just tried the SS bowls with my kitchenaide and none fit - maybe an older version works but not mine - so be careful with sharing this tip.

Also, Tom is no longer with PC (the reason his website is no longer valid). He went with a different direct sale company.

I heard that he is no longer w/ the co.

I remember reading something from HO (don't remember where, though) about the SS Bowl in Kitchen Aid mixer tip. They do not advocate this usage, as the bowls could easily tip over, spilling potentially hot ingredients. And in today's litigous society, you know that SOMEONE would decide to sue a consultant who shared that tip.

chefsteph07 said:
I heard that he is no longer w/ the co.
He's not. He's at My Private Quarters now.

rwester said:
He's not. He's at My Private Quarters now.

Not at all with PC? I can't imagine that sheets would be as popular? Wow.

How long was Tom with the PC?

whiteyteresa said:
How long was Tom with the PC?

Long enough to make quite a name for himself!! ;)

its_me_susan said:
Not at all with PC? I can't imagine that sheets would be as popular? Wow.

Actually he is doing quite well, and is a top seller in the company. Don't ask how I know that :rolleyes:

gilliandanielle said:
Actually he is doing quite well, and is a top seller in the company. Don't ask how I know that :rolleyes:

How do you know that? ;)

gilliandanielle said:
So Gillian, how do you know that?!?:eek:

LOL

I know how she knows........;)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SusanBP0129
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
SusanBP0129
  • funinyourkitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies