• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tom Marston, Cooking Show Live!

In summary, the show was great, Tom is an amazing speaker and motivator, and the audience had a blast.
I was there last night at the meeting with Tom. It was really really good and I got so many helpful tips. He did do the 'cookless' show if you will...it's his norm now and I think I am going to implement a lot of what he did. He made being a consultant look so easy...and it truly does show that you don't have to cook to do this job! I found his host coaching document so helpful...if anyone is interested, I will try to recreate it and put it on here.

love2cook05 said:
I was there last night at the meeting with Tom. It was really really good and I got so many helpful tips. He did do the 'cookless' show if you will...it's his norm now and I think I am going to implement a lot of what he did. He made being a consultant look so easy...and it truly does show that you don't have to cook to do this job! I found his host coaching document so helpful...if anyone is interested, I will try to recreate it and put it on here.

Shoot, I was just going to scan the one in from last night or wait for the e-mail and then post it.

Anything you can post from Toms show would be great!

Andrea, Thanks you for taking such great notes!

love2cook05 said:

me, me, me!

Last edited:
cmdtrgd said:
If you click on the "I love what I do and you can too" Read More link on his website, you can see a picture of the bucket thingie...not a great picture, but it is there.

Wish you could see it better - too bad he doesn't sell THOSE! lol. How do you think he gets the belts to fit? Does he bring more than the tool belt? I hope he will be in the recruiting with the stars conference workshop I signed up for.

:)

I think the "belt" is something you can get at home improvement stores and it is made to fit on big buckets.

I have one of those!My husband, rather, has one of those in the garage with a few of his tools in it. Bucket included. I might have to relocate them and give this a try. I have a hard time getting all of my "tools" in the tool turn about!:)

You can get them at Wal-Mart, Home Depot or Lowes. My husband is a pipefitter and he has one. I know you can get the bucket at Home Depot or Lowes.

Okay, I recreated the Host Coaching Checklist to the best of my abilities...not so great with Excel...anyhoo here goes! Anything with an Asterisk is a postcard from Nancy's.

He sends out the conf. post card right away and one month before the show
Host Packet goes out one month before show
Calls and leaves message to make sure they got packet
Attendance card 27 days before
Impt. Dates card 23 days before
Send invites 17 days before
Attendance card 14 days before
Wanted (recruiting) card 11 Days before
Call Guests Card 7 days before
Bonus card (25 orders...BB card) 4 days before

Hope this helps guys...

Attachments

• Host Coaching.pdf
    9.2 KB · Views: 879
wowWOW!! What great information. I just talked to my director last week and I was telling her how i took a different approach on shows. I would just bring most of what i had and leave them out on a table and if someone asked how it worked, i would show them but let them show me right after. I would just put out a veggie patter in the chillzanne rectangle server and make some drinks with my QSP. I would even make margaritas in the QSP for those shows that were "girls night out shows". I had my highest month with $3700 in sales! I was in the top 3 in sales for the month in our cluster. #1 being my director and #2 being almost a director (i think she has a couple more shows to go)

I kinda took into consideration that I dont like pushy sales people and usually know what i want when i go shopping... now if i find an accessory to go with the outfit or a nice throw blanket to go with the bedding that i wanted, then i scored! So i took that and used it in the month of May for my shows. I had so many people tell me that they liked that so much better than watching someone cook and they would usually get bored after 10 minutes.

So Tom's non cooking show really makes sense to me. I do prepare some food before i come. Usually the veggie tray, drinkgs and pull apart bread of course! My lowest show was $202 but there was only 6 people that showed.... 2 were daughters of the mothers that were there!

I would love to see a Tom show! I will ask my director if he ever comes out to Sunny Arizona!

Thanks so much for all the information!! I would love to see him in a Cooking Show LIve at conference!!! I wonder if he'll do another one. He's in my Wave at conference (and always seems to be) so it'll be amazing to hear all of his accomplishments over the past year.:)

I can't wait for conference!!

Thanks so much Andrea!!!My DH and I were just talking the other day, on how long it would take me to sell 1,000,000. Then I told him Tom did it in less than 10, how amazing is that.

I just wanted to say thanks Andrea, because it has got the wheels rolling in my head. The danties in the quick stir is still killing me. Now I really can't wait to go to conference.:D

PC Bingo FundraiserI went to his website and read everything. I wonder how he sets up the PC Bingo Fundraisers???? Sounds like a lot of fun!

Tara

Did you notice his website needs updating! LOL - it still has the blurb about "join now and get simple additions free, from March".
Who cares!!!!
Be sure to click on the story about $1 milllion - seems to be from a newspaper article and soooo motivating!

Tom did say at his show that he is soooo not a computer person, his sig. other does all of that stuff for him.

OK... So I had a show yesterday and I asked the three questions that Tom does when we went around the room and I noticed that I sold more of the items we talked about. I did have people ask for items that I didn't have that I normally do bring. I also noticed that people paid more attention. It was tough because I was doing a recipe that I wasn't familiar with, so where I could normally move things along a bit, I was stuck.

And I did mention the undies in the QSP. It got serious laughs!

Andrea, thanks again for an awesome job!

:D I think the undies in the QSP is hysterical. I will surely mention this when I am having trouble keeping their attention. It should make them listen. You never know what else I might say. The rolling pin also makes a nice back massager.

Had some interesting comments on the BBQ Basting Bottle at my last show......

Would like to know...I would love to check out his web site. Could someone post the address for me please?

THANK YOU !!!

Yuck!!
Cindycooks said:
Had some interesting comments on the BBQ Basting Bottle at my last show......

But I guess nasty minds think alike. Before PC ever came out with the bottle or the brush, I went to my cousin's house to babysit so she and her husband could go to a Christmas party. Well, she is a huge PC fan (my biggest customer, and yes, I have tried to recruit her a million times) and we were standing in her kitchen looking at the stuff in her tool turnabout. She pulls out this basting brush that is similar to ours except it is pink and the bristles are "floppier". I said "Becky, do you really think it is sanitary to keep that in the kitchen with your cooking tools! You should really keep it in the bedroom where it belongs!" Well, of course I knew what it was and I was just joking. She said she had bought it at a breast cancer fundraiser. We had a good laugh.

dianevill said:
Tom's website is: well you know the beginning - don't want to get him in trouble:rolleyes: ..../cookingtom

Diane

P.S. Thanks a ton for your post, Andrea!

Here you go John. :D

Wow Andrea . . . thanks for posting those notes. You are awesome and I can't wait to see you in Chicago. I have a show on Friday and since I shattered my knee cap 1 month ago, this is looking like the way to go!Your Director,
Suzy

PCJonesy said:
Wow Andrea . . . thanks for posting those notes. You are awesome and I can't wait to see you in Chicago. I have a show on Friday and since I shattered my knee cap 1 month ago, this is looking like the way to go!

Your Director,
Suzy

Glad you liked them...love ya Suzy

(And if anyone cares...this is the person I get a lot of my great ideas from, Suzy is the best director EVER, well for me that is. I am sure you guys have great directors too)

Did you get Suzy hooked on ChefSuccess, too?

My Director is impressed with all the great ideas and flyers I come to meetings with. LOL She'll ask, "Did you create this flyer?" I just simply say "Nope!" I love how we all make each other look good!

Suzy likes it, thinks it's great but doesn't remember it! So, right now I am the only one hooked on it. I wish she would post more just because she is soooo much fun.

I have a silly question. I was reading how Tom host coaches with the cards. I will have to tweak it a bit because I send all invites and make the reminder calls myself ( my hostess tend to forget, even when reminded). Can someone explain what the Bonus card is.
Thanks,
Leslie

Krzymom is back in town! How was the vacation? :p

Bumping up to be seen in new posts....

whiteyteresa said:
Tom Marston and Kathy Yellets-(who is my executive director) will be in Frederick, Md on June 19th.

I live about 1 1/2 hours away from there. About half of the consultants in my area is going to see both of them. I'm not sure what all is going on yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Its on this Monday....are you going???

krzymomof4 said:
I have a silly question. I was reading how Tom host coaches with the cards. I will have to tweak it a bit because I send all invites and make the reminder calls myself ( my hostess tend to forget, even when reminded). Can someone explain what the Bonus card is.
Thanks,
Leslie

Yes, I would be interested in knowing what the bonus card is, as well as the "Wanted" card. And can anyone explain the flyers Tom hands out in his folder to guests? They are: Imagine More (from PC), Need More $ flyer, and Take a Closer Look flyer. Are they posted here? I did a file search and nothing came up. I don't like my guest packets and I really like this idea.

Ginger428 said:
Its on this Monday....are you going???

Yes and Yes I'm going. My director told her cluster to meet her at a place and we will car pull - it sounds like 6 - 7 people are going. I don't have any information about this. All I know is to be at the place where she said and bring a question for Tom and Kathy. That's it. The place where they are going to be is about 85 miles away for where we live.

whiteyteresa said:
Yes and Yes I'm going. My director told her cluster to meet her at a place and we will car pull - it sounds like 6 - 7 people are going. I don't have any information about this. All I know is to be at the place where she said and bring a question for Tom and Kathy. That's it. The place where they are going to be is about 85 miles away for where we live.

Well have a WONDERFUL time, Hope to hear about it real soon.

Ginger:cool:

Hey Andrea, would you still do a game of some sort or leave it out?

Hey Andrea, would you still do a game of some sort or leave it out?

I guess you could, I for one am not much of a games consultant but this might be the perfect show to have guests bring their one item in their kitchen that needs replacing the most.

Thanks Kt!I just got the site name. Too simple, love it!

Now I gotta check it out!

soonerchef said:
Bumping up to be seen in new posts....

Again......

I like how he hands one out to everyone. Then again, I do like knowing the person I give the info to wants it.

So my director contacted the HO about the SS mixing bowls tip . They even had the information about the non- skid bottoms. They don't recommend using them with the Kitchen-aid mixers.

My Director also said we are putting the PC company up for Liabilty issues when using this tip.

Here is the email from the test kitchens.

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens with your product question. We do not recommend using the Stainless Mixing Bowls with a Kitchen Aid mixer as these bowls are not an ideal fit with the stand of the mixer (they do not lock into place). Please let us know if you have more questions.

I understand why they would say this...similar to the why we can't say Bundt pan, instead it's fluted. But, with that being said...it doesn't mean that we as consultants can't do it, I think that PC is afraid of some ding-dong sueing PC because their SS Bowl made a mess in their kitchen when they should have been paying attention and didn't.

You are right. Everyone can do with it what they want. I was just sharing what I found out about the tip.

I shared this tip at 1 show one of the guests had a professional Kitchen Aid mixer (the kind that lifts the bowl up) and no way are they compatable with that kind. She went home and got it to "prove" it wouldn't work.

So I started doing some research. Which is when I got this email from my director, she also said it could eventually ruin our SS mixing bowls.

I still use my boil and reuse your marinade tip for the bbq bottle basting brush, aside from some one here contacting the test kitchen about it, and them saying not to.

I was a cook for a long time and know how to do this and teach it properly.

Again I was just sharing what I learned.

soonerchef said:
I think that PC is afraid of some ding-dong sueing PC because their SS Bowl made a mess in their kitchen when they should have been paying attention and didn't.

She said "ding-dong". LMAO

bbauman07 said:
You are right. Everyone can do with it what they want. I was just sharing what I found out about the tip.

I shared this tip at 1 show one of the guests had a professional Kitchen Aid mixer (the kind that lifts the bowl up) and no way are they compatable with that kind. She went home and got it to "prove" it wouldn't work.

So I started doing some research. Which is when I got this email from my director, she also said it could eventually ruin our SS mixing bowls.

I still use my boil and reuse your marinade tip for the bbq bottle basting brush, aside from some one here contacting the test kitchen about it, and them saying not to.

I was a cook for a long time and know how to do this and teach it properly.

Again I was just sharing what I learned.

I am sorry, didn't mean to offend....happy that you shared what you found and I think that more info is better than less. I just hate it when companies in general care more about getting sued and their liability than customer service, products, etc...

soonerchef said:
I am sorry, didn't mean to offend....happy that you shared what you found and I think that more info is better than less. I just hate it when companies in general care more about getting sued and their liability than customer service, products, etc...

Agreed I thought I offended you:eek:

No one said anything about my dingdong comment. :(

I guess it was too childish, even for me.

I love your ding-dong comment...actually, "ding-dong" is one of my favorite discriptive words at the moment!!

Teresa, I am fairly new to this site and to selling PC, not to using it. I just saw where you live. I am originally from Cumberland, MD and lived on Cash Valley Road. My maiden name is Loar. My mother still lives up by the hospital. It truly is a small world. I will be there next weekend for the Loar family reunion in Creasaptown at my uncles. One of my Aunts runs the Food Bank up there. Too bad I won't be near Frederick on the 19th, it would be cool to sit in on their show.

AJPratt said:

No - I chuckled! ...quite a bit.

Phew... I was worried. Since Kitchen Guy hasn't been around, somone has to be the smarty pants!

AJPratt said:

That's how we talk down here, so it seemed "normal" to me!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SusanBP0129
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
SusanBP0129
  • funinyourkitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
funinyourkitchen
  • kylev