• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toLeadership 2009!!Today Is Wednesday, July 23, 2008.There Are

In summary, Leadership 2009 is coming up soon, and there are many people planning to attend. There are still a few tickets left, but they range from 330 to 700 dollars. Some people are worried about trying to get into Denver in January, but Ann is working on a plan. There are also plans to do a team review at the end of each meeting.
chefann
Gold Member
to Leadership 2009!!

Today is Wednesday, July 23, 2008.
There are 169 days until Leadership 2009 in Denver, Colorado.

<giggle>
When do we start planning the meet n greet?

OK, seriously... Who's planning to be there? Are you promoting before then? What's your goal for Leadership?

Re: Countdown...Wow, you are on the ball Ann!
I'm trying my best to promote by then...see my siggy about the feather boa:p
I still have not met you in person, & I'd love to! (along with several others here!)

Re: Countdown...I will definitely be in Denver! I don't think I'll be walking again...unless I recruit some really on fire team members between now and then. Being a New Director at conference is AWESOME!! It was such a neat experience.

Unfortunately I don't remember a thing from the girl in front of me (Sandra Aldrich) being called and sitting in my seat screaming for the Recruiting promotion. I don't remember the actual walk. I've seen pictures of myself and I have a huge grin on my face like a big goober! :D:D

Re: Countdown...Let's see. How many pounds can I lose before then and how many people can I recruit? I hope to be there. . .though I'm a little concerned about trying to get into Denver in January, regardless of Ann's attempts to comfort us. :eek:

Re: Countdown...I am "planning" on being there. My biggest problem is that my DH will be VERY busy at work at that time. I have awesome girlfriends though that I can rely on so that is really my biggest problem.............

Re: Countdown...Ann is our go to gal it is great she is already doing the count down. I want to go to leadership but more then likly I will go to national conference easier for the family.

Re: Countdown...I'm not going to start the real countdown until much closer to the date. I just thought it would be funny. :)

Re: Countdown...Yea but you still the "go to gal"

Re: Countdown...Aw, shucks. Thanks. :blushing:Almost forgot- I'm going to be there, but it won't be for a third time in a row with a hot pink FD ribbon! And I'm going to work with my team so that 1 or more of them will be there with me.

Re: Countdown...That is great idea Ann, I might lose my FD at the end of this month :( cause both of my girls haven't done anything for going on 2 months I know one girl is talking about maybe reactivating but I know the other isn't going to at all but I do have one other gal on the fence about signing up so who knows. When I did go to leadership I really enjoyed it. The year I went they didn't give us aprons we got cookware and it was in altanta ga. and then they went back to get the apron. I walked there as a director too. aww the days lol

Re: Countdown...I just did a search for tickets and they range from 330 to 700 so not too bad, hmm might make it after all if the tickets don't go shooting high if I do go I could use it as part of my birthday present to me lol since my birthday is that month.

Re: Countdown...Tix for me were $300 - $1300 :)eek:), depending on the airline. I might be able to get $300, but there was a layover (yuck) and it's not on the airline with which I have my miles program.

Re: Countdown...
chefjeanine said:
Let's see. How many pounds can I lose before then and how many people can I recruit? I hope to be there. . .though I'm a little concerned about trying to get into Denver in January, regardless of Ann's attempts to comfort us. :eek:

Don't worry....I was talking to a gal at conference that's from a Denver suburb...she said it can snow one day, & they have it all gone the next day! No worries, they get enough snow around there that they know what to do!

Re: Countdown...I am really excited because I WILL be there. Sacramento to Denver is about $150 round trip so it's extremely do-able. I just need to keep my girls motivated so that I'm still a FD in January. YAY for the countdown thread!

linojackie said:
I am really excited because I WILL be there. Sacramento to Denver is about $150 round trip so it's extremely do-able. I just need to keep my girls motivated so that I'm still a FD in January. YAY for the countdown thread!
You can recruit a few more as a buffer, and you may even promote that way! (Imagine that!)

Re: Countdown...I'm not sure. My dd's b-day is the 10th. However, she will be with her dad that weekend (just not Thursday), so I wouldn't get to see her anyway. I'm trying to decide, plus I've got to become a FD again! LOL

ETA - I just looked at flights & I can get there for about $200. Ann, wanna get down to StL & fly with us? :D

Re: Countdown...I have no recruits but told my recruiter the day we drove home, "You and I are both future future directors, and you're closer to it than me."Of course, we both are part-time with this, and both need to do some recruiting between now and then to be eligable. And she's not a traveler anyway.Honestly ... as much as I'd love to see a college friend who lives in Denver, I'd rather save my pennies for conference 09 even if I do promote.

Re: Countdown...I am going, I have my ticket $159 out of sac to den. My flight is now $230, so I am glad that I got it when I did.I will be walking, big as a house but I will be walking.

Re: Countdown...I am going!
Does anyone remember the approximate times of Leadership?
I am looking at flights but can't remember the start and end times...

Re: Countdown...This year, it ran much the same as Conference, but without the Director event/lunch. So 1pm day 1 until about 1:30 day 3.

Re: Countdown...Thanks Ann!
It was great to meet you, even if it was brief!
:)

pamperedalf said:
I am going, I have my ticket $159 out of sac to den. My flight is now $230, so I am glad that I got it when I did.

I will be walking, big as a house but I will be walking.

which airline did you go through? I know southwest is 89 from Sac to Denver (they aren't taking res. for return flights yet) and I saw it on Frontier for a little cheaper...that was a few weeks ago tho. So do I buy the fall samples first, or book my flight first? Hmmmm....decisions decisions!

chefann said:
You can recruit a few more as a buffer, and you may even promote that way! (Imagine that!)

You'll be happy to know I've since gotten a wild hair in my derriere (sp?) and have decided I'm going to be walking as a director by then. I really feel like it's close too, cuz I have been asking EVERYBODY!!!!:D

Re: Countdown...Well, I plan on going back to a future again by then, so I will be there! Plus 2 of my friends are DETERMINED to promote and walk at Leadership and as they are 2 of my closest friends I HAVE to be there to see them :) I just checked and flights are $246... that I can handle... not to just re-promote! :D

Re: Countdown...Flights for me will be about $350, but I might just bite the bullet and order tix this week. I'm being picky, and not flying with stops on the way to Denver, since that's when it's easy for bags to be lost.HO sent out a note yesterday about timing, so look for it in your inbox if you're still looking for transportation.

Re: Countdown...OK, just bought my tix. Non-stop both ways into Denver, although I'm coming in a few days early to visit my sister in Colorado Springs.

Re: Countdown...That'll be fun Ann!

Re: Countdown...I'll be there!

Re: Countdown...Maybe I coud surprise my DH with a mini vacation for our 5 year anniversary & take him skiing the Monday-Wednesday of that week. Then he could come home early & I could stay for leadership. Hmmm.... I guess I need to re-promote to make that happen, huh? LOL

linojackie said:
which airline did you go through? I know southwest is 89 from Sac to Denver (they aren't taking res. for return flights yet) and I saw it on Frontier for a little cheaper...that was a few weeks ago tho. So do I buy the fall samples first, or book my flight first? Hmmmm....decisions decisions!

I got mine in May on United. I called my travel agent and she said that is cheapest your going to find it. I personally would buy on frontier they are still the cheapest at $189 yesterday when I looked. SW will be about $200 when they open the return flight.

Dr.'s App. tomorrow

Re: Countdown...It has gone up about $10 since I last checked but Frontier is $7 cheaper than Travelocity. Maybe I should check priceline...

Re: Countdown...I've read that the best time to go online and buy airline tix is Tuesday nights at midnight. Tickets that were tentatively held over the weekend are released then, so prices tend to dip a little.

linojackie said:
It has gone up about $10 since I last checked but Frontier is $7 cheaper than Travelocity. Maybe I should check priceline...

Frontier out of sac is still the cheapest, $189. You save $10 bucks over w/ SW.
Buy from frontier directly. I use sidestep.com when looking for flights, because it will tell me the airline home sites price, orbitz, cheaptickets. It's $192 out of SFO on United.

Good Luck, and Under $200 is always great for us.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • National Conferences and Meetings
2 3 4
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders