• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Feeding Toddlers: Ideas & Pampered Chef Recipes!

pasta dishes get a bit messier, but it's not a big deal because bath time is fairly soon after dinner. My daughter loves apples, so I use our apple wedger daily!&I used to use the peeler, but now she eats the skins. Like Noora, when my son was a toddler we pretty much gave him whatever we were eating. We just cut it up in bite-size pieces. The Pizza Cutter works brilliantly for this. I use the food chopper constantly! Whenever making ground meat I chop up broccoli and carrots really fine and mix it in. It doesn't affect the taste and we all get a little more veggies in our meal. I
timbimac
What do you feed your toddler? I'm looking for ideas and to use my products in the process! Do they eat any thing made from a PC recipe?

Thanks!
Tara

DS loves the ham and cheese calzone(only way I can get him to eat broccoli), grilled chicken penne, and taco ring. He's 18 months old now and has been eating these things for the better part of the last 6 months.

We feed our son (19 months) pretty much whatever we're eating. He'll either eat it or he won't. It not as much because he doesn't like it, but more because he decides he's not going to eat. The biggest adjustments I'll usually make is putting aside a portion before putting in seasoning, if I'm making something spicier.

He enjoys the Chicken Penne, and anything with ground beef or meat. Pasta dishes get a bit messier, but it's not a big deal because bath time is fairly soon after dinner.

My daughter loves apples, so I use our apple wedger daily! & I used to use the peeler, but now she eats the skins.

Like Noora, when my son was a toddler we pretty much gave him whatever we were eating. We just cut it up in bite-size pieces. The Pizza Cutter works brilliantly for this.

I use the food chopper constantly! Whenever making ground meat I chop up broccoli and carrots really fine and mix it in. It doesn't affect the taste and we all get a little more veggies in our meal.

I make puddings and jello in the 1 cup prep bowls... less waste that way.

I made the Pronto Pasta & Sausage from Weekday Dinners Done last night and my 18 month old loved it. I don't use hot sausage though, because none of my kids would eat it then! We do the same, pretty much feed him whatever we are having and maybe add some things I know he will eat.

chefcharity said:
I use the food chopper constantly! Whenever making ground meat I chop up broccoli and carrots really fine and mix it in. It doesn't affect the taste and we all get a little more veggies in our meal.

I make puddings and jello in the 1 cup prep bowls... less waste that way.

One thing I always tell people at shows is that my 5 year old LOVES onions!.....(big pause) he just doesn't know it yet!
I chop up the onions (and other foods he rebels against) so fine in the food chopper that he doesn't even know they are there!

Like most others though - he has always eaten what we eat. Pizza cutter, cut n seal, prep bowls have all been great for us as he's grown up.

You will have a much easier time down the road if you feed your kids what you eat. Even if it is spicy.

I used my food chopper a TON! Even in stews or pot pies, Just mashed it all up. For soups I would add a bit of mashed (or instant) potatoes to thicken it so they could eat it. And I also used the pizza cutter lots to make things mite sized. The mini spatula is great on Pasta to chop it up quick.

I most often feed Markus from a bowl, so I use my kitchen shears to cut up spaghetti :D

NooraK said:
I most often feed Markus from a bowl, so I use my kitchen shears to cut up spaghetti :D

I have some awesome kid sized flat bottomed bowls, that's how I got the idea of using the mini spatula.

We use the Crinkle Cutter and a bar board to cut up chicken, pizza, whatever else the kids need us to cut in bite-size pieces. Not pizza so much these days I guess, since they just turned four, but for chicken and cheeseburger rings, etc., the Crinkle Cutter makes a fun pattern the kids like. And it's super easy to cut with just one hand...no need for a knife and fork.

Mary is 20 months and we feed her whatever we eat. If we have steak, she has it; if we have seafood, she has that, too. Once in a while I feel something will have too much garlic (sometimes too much for me) and I will give her something else, but usually I try to let her have what we have.

NooraK said:
We feed our son (19 months) pretty much whatever we're eating. He'll either eat it or he won't. It not as much because he doesn't like it, but more because he decides he's not going to eat. The biggest adjustments I'll usually make is putting aside a portion before putting in seasoning, if I'm making something spicier.

He enjoys the Chicken Penne, and anything with ground beef or meat. Pasta dishes get a bit messier, but it's not a big deal because bath time is fairly soon after dinner.

We do the same thing with Nicole (15 months) usually she just spits something out if she doesn't like it LOL

Smart parents here!! We always made the same thing for the kids as we ate and if it was something new that they turned their noses to they just had to try a couple bites. They were delighted by some of the foods and waited a bit longer to like others. My DIL is constantly telling her kids "you don't like this or that" and then they don't eat it. THAT drives me crazy. Even if they didn't like it last week they might today, made a new way. Don't tell them what to expect just make the expectation that they should try!

We had friends who not only let their child decide what they wanted but would bring their own food with them to people's house. We had them over for chili once - they helped decide what we were eating - and when they arrived they said "our son doesn't like chili so we brought him a PBJ sandwich". That was okay I guess but we could have made something different had I knows AND I wondered what would have been wrong with MY PBJ?!

Cute story: When our youngest was 3 we went to San Francisco for the first time and we prepared the kids ahead that they would be trying new foods so we could get a real local flair. They all were troupers and ate what we got (of course we didn't go too wierd either) but on about the 3rd or 4th day we saw a Johnny Rocket hamberger place and decided to eat there. My 3 year old walked in with eyes wide and said "real food!"

He's also the one that I told one day "We're havng your favorite vegetable tonight. Peas (he absolutely hated them)." He gobbled them down and for a couple weeks loved them. Then one day he said "I don't LIKE these." Priceless.

I'm so excited about the potato ricer on the cookie press. I'm not much into spritz cookies, but I really wanted try out the ricer. So, I got it and one of the first things I did with it was make baby food. :) It is so much easier to load and use than some of those plastic baby food mills.

1. What are some healthy and easy meal ideas for feeding toddlers?

Some healthy and easy meal ideas for feeding toddlers include:

• Mini turkey and cheese sandwiches on whole wheat bread
  • Fruit and yogurt smoothie bowls
  • Vegetable and cheese quesadillas
  • Baked sweet potato fries
  • Homemade chicken nuggets
All of these meals can be made using Pampered Chef products, such as the Quick Slice or the Food Chopper, to make meal prep quicker and easier.

2. How can I encourage my toddler to try new foods?

One way to encourage your toddler to try new foods is to involve them in the cooking process. Let them help mix ingredients and use Pampered Chef tools like the Mix 'N Scraper to make it fun and interactive. You can also try presenting new foods in a fun and creative way, such as making faces or shapes with the food.

3. What are some quick and healthy snack options for toddlers?

Some quick and healthy snack options for toddlers include:

• Apple slices with peanut butter
  • Cheese and crackers
  • Carrot sticks with hummus
  • Fruit and cheese kabobs
  • Mini muffins made with whole wheat flour and fruit
Pampered Chef offers tools like the Apple Wedger and the Quick Slice to make preparing these snacks even easier.

4. Can you recommend any Pampered Chef recipes that are toddler-friendly?

Yes, there are many Pampered Chef recipes that are perfect for toddlers, including:

• Mini Meatloaves with Hidden Vegetables
  • Cheesy Broccoli Bites
  • Homemade Chicken and Broccoli Mac and Cheese
  • Vegetable Fried Rice
  • Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
All of these recipes use healthy ingredients and can be made using Pampered Chef products like the Rockcrok or the Quick Cooker.

5. How can I make mealtime less stressful with a toddler?

One way to make mealtime less stressful with a toddler is to plan ahead and use tools like the Flexible Cutting Mat to prep ingredients in advance. You can also try incorporating fun and interactive elements, such as using the Food Chopper to let your toddler help chop vegetables or using the Food Spiralizer to make silly shapes with fruits and vegetables. It's also important to be patient and not force your toddler to eat if they're not hungry or interested in a particular food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• timbimac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies