• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Is Team Drama Ruining Your Directorship?

what was supposed to be a one-time project and they keep emailing me to do their show and when I say no they get mad and start drama. It's just really hard to say no when someone is so excited about the project. I wish I could help more but I can't. :(
almondfarm
Gold Member
There... said it... going to get over the team drama of the day and move on...

feel free to vent as needed

I have a director requesting that I have no contact with her team because the majority of them want to quit because of me...

So the real story is while I was at ULA an inactive consultant in this directors line emailed me and told me she was going to do my show that I had scheduled with her friend on Tuesday and that was what the host wanted (I had no idea this host was her friend), so I called the host first and asked her what was up and she said she invited this consultant that she was friends with and didn't know she was a consultant and that she didn't care who did her show, etc. So I called the consultant and said that i was still going to do the show since I had worked with the host to book it and that she could come to shadow the show if she wanted (she has asked me a bunch of times when my shows are to come see one), then she tells me she can't come to the show because she has another commitment .. (WTF just a minute ago you were going to do the show). I just not going to reward her with my show just because I had worked to book it and the host happened to be her friend and when we hung up she seemed okay with me doing the show...

So for the alst two weeks I guess that she has been on a rampage trashing me and telling her director (one of my downline directors on my team) that she thinks I am horrible and has drug two other consultants into the drama.... and so then my downline director contacted a neutral party (who I am pretty sure is our NED) and that person told her to make me refrain from contacting her team and upsetting them... and my downline director also brought up something about a phone call from over a year where I had offended her, I told her I was sorry, but she would have to be more specific about what call and what I said, but she didn't know anymore just that on that call was the beginning of her team not feeling supported...

WTF?!!! and to top it all off the downline director is also my daycare provider so I pulled my daughter out of daycare today as well because I just want nothing to do with all of the crazy drama. And the downline director is actually a TL now because she hasn't made director in the past 4 months so really all of her people are my people now.

Okay .. sorry to share my drama... but this seemed like the only safe place to share... back to business as usual

(((hugs))) sweetie! I'm always here to listen if you want to vent! Just give me a call! I turn the ringers off when I go to bed, so you never have to worry about calling too late or too early & waking me. ;)And just for the record, I don't think our NED would tell her to have you refrain from contacting her downline ... I think said NED would have called you to get your version. My guess is, she spoke with someone else (wasn't me!!! ;)) or she's exaggerating on that fact. Just my 2 cents. Any new news on the other thing that dropped during ULA?

Sheila said:
Any new news on the other thing that dropped during ULA?

Just waiting to see how it all shakes out, and trying to super amp up my pc business before the spring to be able to have some solid options.

I don't know what to think about her indication that it was our NED that was the neutral party, I do know that NED hates conflict so that may be her reaction to conflict is no contact.. It is all just so frustrating and the thing about the show is it was like a $250 show anyway!

If you had let the one girl "steal" your show (which is what she was doing since she notified you vs asking), you would have been setting a precedence that it was okay for your downline to do that in the future too. I'm glad you stood up for what was right & told her that you were NOT going to let her steal the show from you. :D Kudos girl.

All I can say is I am sorry! I will chime in about the "stealing" of the show. I can't tell you how many times I friend an upcoming host on facebook and find out they are friends with some one on my team. At first it made me feel guilty because I was the one doing the show when it was their friend. Then I came to realize that the reason they are booking with me is because I am out there working my hiney off doing 12-15 shows a month and WORKING my business. It never fails that the consultants who are the least active are the ones whose friends are booking with me. If they did any training or were out there promoting their own business then they would have the show instead. So your consultant is out there wasting her energy bad mouthing you when she could be working her business and doing her own shows. Just my 2 cents :)

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} :candyheart:

You work your business they way you need and want to. Let the sour grapes be. I have downline directors who are jealous of me. As if my success falls out of the sky and the recognition I receive takes something from them. When we all know that your get recognized for your efforts... work and the rest comes... be a hippo and see what you get.

Sorry Lynette....plain and simple, that bites and is a horrible place to be. The director should be teaming up with YOU and have your back. She'll learn.

You want me to make you feel better?? A few years back, I had a downline Director lambast me in an email for sending out a recognition newsletter each week. She cc'd my upline, my sales manager and my other downline Directors in on the email. She said some very, very, hateful things, tried to turn my downline Directors against me and here's the worst part, she KICKED me out of our 'Kickoff' that was to be held only 3 days later. I had 20 people registered for that Kickoff and she returned their money to me and told everyone I was not allowed to attend and if I did, she'd call the police.

Now, that's the cliff notes version, but here's the point....3 years later, she's GONE and I'm not. She left the business and I have just continued to run my business the way I always have. Those she tried to turn against me are still around and stronger than ever and we don't ever speak of the 'terrible awful' that happened a few years back.

Keep your chin up Lynette!! I'll bet the same thing will happen - she'll be gone and you'll still be climbing the ladder of success with PC.

Deb, sorry you had to go through that. I'm sure it wasn't pleasant at the time. Glad karma prevailed. ;)

Okay - Deb, not sure if that made me feel better... but thankfully no threats of the police yet!

So sorry that there are people working this business that just don't get it!

Deb, isn't it funny how the ones that are "ugly" are the ones that don't succeed and last... probably says something about why they are in the business and why they leave the business. I had a 2nd gen director promote to AD at conference. I recognized her promotion and the 3rd gen director who promoted to promote her at a dinner we all had at conference. Well, my 1st line director was p!ssed because I did not recognize her for promoting the 3rd gen director!!! WTF!! really??? so carry that logic through... guess the NED should be the only ones walking stage for recruiting..."And now Nancy Jo Ryan who recruited 5,102 people and promoted 200 downline directors in her 1 to 3rd generations. Let's hear it for Nancy"!

Jenni... I'm guessing your D who was a little bent was feeling that way because she had been in the spotlight at one point and didn't fare well when the spotlight was on someone else.When I came back to PC in 2001, my D was doing year-end recognition at our Spring Kick-Off in 2002... there was a D there who was always the highest seller, recruiter etc... When my D announced the consultant with the highest show average, she stood up and went up to get her recognition and my D just looked at her. She never even heard our D call MY name, not hers... she just assumed. Then she was pi$$sed at me for embarrassing her! And she stayed that way for MONTHS. And, of course, she's no longer with PC. She dropped out about a year after that. She moved on to another thing she could 'shine' at... she wasn't #1 anymore so she went on to something else where she could be. What a way to live... :(

Actually Colleen, she did shine for a bit... but as any hippo does... when it was work.. then you know what happens. She has not performed at even a director level for so long it is amazing she keeps hanging in there. Don't hate the player.. hate the game :bugeye:

Awe, come on Jenni! You should have had her take a bow & then taken one yourself. LOL If she gets recognized, you do too ... right? ;)

Yes, it can get silly. I have to say though....I get my ego squashed when I know I've been helping, supporting and working hard to help promote....then nada...credit and thanks given to HO or someone else shines and takes the credit. Then I remember, ego check...I know, even if others don't! lol

the problem becomes, where you you stop. Person 3 promotes to D, promoting person 2 to AD. Person 1 is an AD already because person 2 is her downline.. well I helped them all and the person above me is an AD too and the person above that is an NED... should the NED recognize all of us??

Yes Jenni....I agree which is why I tell myself to check the ego! lol I personally don't mind not getting the recognition, but rather inclusion when credit is being given from the one who promoted. Again, not as a big a deal as I may have implied....and it does get silly....recognize 1 and 2 and 3 and the one above! :D

Oh I totally agree that only the ones getting the promotion should be recognized. I was just being funny.:p

finley1991 said:
Jenni... I'm guessing your D who was a little bent was feeling that way because she had been in the spotlight at one point and didn't fare well when the spotlight was on someone else.

When I came back to PC in 2001, my D was doing year-end recognition at our Spring Kick-Off in 2002... there was a D there who was always the highest seller, recruiter etc... When my D announced the consultant with the highest show average, she stood up and went up to get her recognition and my D just looked at her. She never even heard our D call MY name, not hers... she just assumed. Then she was pi$$sed at me for embarrassing her! And she stayed that way for MONTHS.

And, of course, she's no longer with PC. She dropped out about a year after that. She moved on to another thing she could 'shine' at... she wasn't #1 anymore so she went on to something else where she could be. What a way to live... :(

OMG I just heard a very similar story the other day except recognition was done based on the whole previous year so that the "old" consultant wouldn't get her knickers in a knot for not being top dog anymore even though the "new" consultant had higher show avg. or even higher yearly sales but had only joined a few months before the end of the year. Yet once the old consultant realized she really wasn't going to be top dog anymore, she left and continues to ask if the "new" person is still selling. Maybe she would come back if she was certain she would be top dog.

:veryfunny: Don't make it a challenge to step up your business and DO BETTER to beat the person who's beating you ... just give up. Yeah, that makes sense. LOL

I have a small AD team, but one of things I do is have my downline director recognize her team. I don't do her recognition for her. I think it builds a stronger bond with her and her team and it also gives her a moment to shine, because what they achieve she achieves. It also creates a bit of independence. I love having the whole team at meetings, but we are growing and at some point I want my directors to leave the nest and mentor and train their own teams. It is the only way they will grow. If I do all of the work, they don’t learn.

Back to Lynnette's original issue: I have given shows to consultants when I have found out they are friends, but this has only happened when it was a brand new consultant not a consultant that has been around for awhile. You have a history with this host and you work your business. If this person was so important to her, the host should have been on her list of 100 and she should have called her within her first week of business.

1. What does "Today I Hate Being a Director" mean?

"Today I Hate Being a Director" is a phrase commonly used by independent Pampered Chef directors to express their frustration or burnout with their job as a director. It does not necessarily mean they hate their job all the time, but rather they are having a particularly tough day.

2. Why do directors sometimes hate their job?

Being a director for Pampered Chef is a demanding and challenging role. Directors are responsible for managing and motivating a team of consultants, meeting sales goals, and attending numerous meetings and trainings. This can lead to burnout and frustration for some directors.

3. Can directors take a break from their job?

Yes, directors are allowed to take breaks from their job if needed. This can include taking a step back from their business, delegating tasks to their team, or even taking a temporary leave of absence. Taking care of one's mental and physical health is important for success as a director.

4. Is it possible to still be successful as a director even if you hate it sometimes?

Yes, it is possible to be successful as a director even if there are days when you hate your job. It is important to find ways to manage your stress and burnout, such as delegating tasks, setting boundaries, and taking breaks. Remember that it's normal to have tough days and that success takes time and effort.

5. What can directors do to overcome their frustration and burnout?

Directors can try various strategies to overcome their frustration and burnout, such as seeking support from other directors, taking breaks, setting realistic goals, and finding ways to delegate tasks. It's also important to prioritize self-care and find joy in the job by focusing on the positive aspects of being a director, such as helping others succeed and being a part of a supportive community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Mom 55
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
  • 11accold
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956