• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Toast Coconut in a Microwave Cooker?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of the new marketing strategy. The participants discussed the effectiveness of different tactics and the potential impact on sales. They also brought up the importance of considering the target audience and how to tailor the strategy accordingly. Overall, the conversation highlighted the need for a well-researched and targeted approach in order to achieve successful results.
loreo
Can I toast coconut in a micro cooker? I know we can do alsmonds, wasn't sure if cocnut was the same.

Thanks!!!

Lori

yes, watch it every 10 seconds or so and shake it up

Becareful doing it in the microwave...I do it all the time, but if you don't REALLY watch it, it will burn from the inside out (have even heard of it catching fire before). When they say 10 SECONDS at a time, they mean it...don't try to make it go faster!

If you thought the smell of burnt popcorn is bad, just wait until you smell burning coconut...like a pleasant tropical candle, it isn't! YICK!

I've done it in the small bar pan in the micro, not a microcooker, prob. 30 seconds at first then smaller increments. Also done it in the small saute on the stove top.

Thanks everyone !!!

1. Can I toast coconut in a microwave cooker?

Yes, you can toast coconut in a microwave cooker. However, the results may vary depending on the type of microwave cooker you have and the amount of coconut you are toasting.

2. Is it the same process as toasting almonds in a microwave cooker?

The process for toasting coconut in a microwave cooker is similar to toasting almonds, but there are some differences. For example, coconut may require less time to toast as it is more delicate and can burn easily.

3. How do I toast coconut in a microwave cooker?

To toast coconut in a microwave cooker, spread the coconut flakes or shreds in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the coconut is lightly golden brown. Keep an eye on the coconut to prevent it from burning.

4. Can I add any oil or butter to the coconut before toasting?

Yes, you can add a small amount of oil or butter to the coconut before toasting to help it toast evenly and add some flavor. Make sure to use a small amount and evenly distribute it over the coconut before microwaving.

5. How can I tell if the coconut is toasted in a microwave cooker?

The coconut should be lightly golden brown and fragrant when it is toasted in a microwave cooker. You can also taste a small piece to check for desired level of toastiness. If it is not toasted enough, you can microwave it for a few more seconds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
Replies
Views
raebates