• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toAnyone Who Went to Conference.what Kind of Things Are Merrill

In summary, the conversation discussed the merchandise offered at a conference, specifically from the company Merrill. Attendees were pleasantly surprised by the quality and reasonable prices of the items, which included clothing, notepads, and bags. Some attendees mentioned purchasing items such as t-shirts, flip flops, and stickers. The conversation also touched on personal experiences and reasons for attending or not attending the conference.
kristenlee
To anyone who went to conference.
What kind of things are merrill offering? Did they have nice stuff at reasonable prices?
Kristen

They did have nice stuff, and the prices were reasonable. I like to buy things on sale so I don't usually spend that much money for clothes. For example, there was a really nice microfiber suede jacket for $50. That's not a bad price, but I'm used to buying things on sale. Know what I mean? I did buy a short sleeve t-shirt for $10. That's not too bad. There were quite a few cute clothes items and bags. I have to make more money selling PC before I allow myself to buy that nice $50 jacket.

I like to buy things on sale too. I can't wait to see what all they have for us.

what about smaller items like pens, notepads etc...

You know, I really don't remember because I just looked at the clothes. They did have large notepads in sets of maybe 3 and 6 or something. There were envelopes and labels. I don't remember if there were pens.

I have to say that I was skeptical about Merrill being the clothing resource for us because many of their items are pricey... I think their quality is amazing but it's expensive so I choose to be picky about what I invest in. I was very, very pleasantly surprised at the quality and PRICES of their items! VERY, VERY reasonable for what you are getting! Their staff was great to work with as well. Unfortunately, two consultants who purchased totes from them at Conference have already had them start coming apart. Merrill was great to exchange them but one discovered hers was coming apart on the way home last night. But overall everything is great.

They did have cute note pads, note size and letter size, can't remember the price though. I don't remember seeing any pens...but they may have them.
Clothing wise I didn't think the price were that bad, I was expected worse but I wouldn't call them inexpensive...average I gues... It would be nice if they put somethings on sale now and then...

I was very happy with the clothing options. Nice selections and the prices are very reasonable. I got 2 scoop neck T's, 1 button down shirt, 1 visor, 1 child's t, 1 adult t, 1 pair of flip flops, 1 pack of stickers.....I think something else too for $116. Not bad!

flip flops were those just a confernce thing or are they going to be available to everyone? I love flip flops

Flip Flops are just a conference thing...i got mine last year, LOVE EM!
If you know anyone in Wave 3 I'd ask them to get you a pair...people always notice mine and it starts the conversation!

darn I don't oh well, there is always next year.... I need to go next year I haven't been for 2 years and it is really getting to me. I didn't go the year before last because my grandfather died and before he died he told me a "family secret" that he had helped my mom keep me from my natural dad, and that he had found my dad and gave me the number, so I called my dad and got an answering machine, left a message and it took him all of 10 minutes to call me back. So I went to see him instead of conference, not a difficult decision at all, my dad and I had been apart for 33 years and when I went to his home it was like I walked into my own, there was no awkwardness at all, just picked up where we left off, I look just like him and have the same mannerisms and everything plus I have 2 brothers that I met for the first time too. Then I also went and saw my dad again a couple of months ago so I couldn't go to conference too

kristenlee said:
darn I don't oh well, there is always next year.... I need to go next year I haven't been for 2 years and it is really getting to me. I didn't go the year before last because my grandfather died and before he died he told me a "family secret" that he had helped my mom keep me from my natural dad, and that he had found my dad and gave me the number, so I called my dad and got an answering machine, left a message and it took him all of 10 minutes to call me back. So I went to see him instead of conference, not a difficult decision at all, my dad and I had been apart for 33 years and when I went to his home it was like I walked into my own, there was no awkwardness at all, just picked up where we left off, I look just like him and have the same mannerisms and everything plus I have 2 brothers that I met for the first time too. Then I also went and saw my dad again a couple of months ago so I couldn't go to conference too

that is great you got to meet your dad! i hope you guys have a great relationship and have fun making up time!!

yep it is pretty cool thought there would be some uncomfortable moments, but it is just like we were never apart

I got the flip flops, A black, 3-quarter length sleeve short with glittery lettering, a lilac colored t-shirt and a visor. I was pleasantly surprised with the products they had. Some were expensive but some were alright.

kristenlee said:

O.k., then... you definitely get into the finals if we have a "why I didn't go to conference" contest! WOW!!! Did Gpa say why he/mom kept you from dad?

my mom simply wanted to cut all ties from him

I LOVE the flip flops I got them last year and they are in great shape still I wish I could get anotherb pair

I ordered one man's polo shirts. It did look nice. I'm going try to get one a year. Besides that I got the package deal on business cards, a stamp, and something else. (can't remember). I bought a polo shirt from Walmart and a dress shirt from a garage sale and had them monogramed by someone. They look pretty good even though she couldn't do the PC symbol.

Bobby

would love to see a pic of the flops so i can ask my team to get-how much were they

I stuck with my plan to boycot Merrill at conference. I was quite proud of myself for taking a stand since I'm a self-proclaimed "shop aholic". I'm still super disappointed about Nancy's and although there is nothing we can do about it, my hope was that the message would get to Merrill to lower their prices or to Pampered Chef to add a new vendor. I feel good about it and my checkbook thanked me LoL.

I do have to say that I went into the Director store at conference from Merrill and there was didly squat in there. I was really not impressed and I heard the same thing from all the Directors in line around me.

I am glad you wrote the above. I agree with you totally. My director was very disappointed in the Director store as well. I also thought the way entry into the booth was set up was handled poorly as well.

I loved my merrill purchases... some items were quite reasonable and others were a little expensive. I got the flip flops, a red scoop neck embroidered tee, a black 3/4 length sparkly tee, a few sets of stickers (too expensive in my opinion though), host packet envelopes, the MoMA dots pen (which broke in the 1st hour I used it which they exchanged for me right away), and a black puffy down vest which I ordered... overall I spent a bit more than I wanted (however I resisted buying the lapboards, so I rationalized with that :D) but I am really impressed with the quality of the clothing and I liked how we could try stuff on before we bought it. I thought the 3/4 length button downs were a great steal at $19, but they ran very small (I would of have to go up 2-3 sizes as did most people I know!) and I figured I am more a t-shirt girl than button down girl, so I went with a 2nd tee instead. I am excited to see their postcards on their website as I wasn't a huge fan of Nancy's postcards (but I was of everything else!). Sorry for the really long post, but I am getting tired and I guess everything is coming out of my fingers :)

I also got the sparkly 3/4 tee and thought the vests were cute but in CA who needs vests or jackets really! I want to hem the sleeves though cause it's hot right now and I want to wear it at my next show in August! The size Med. was bigger than I expected so I hope when I wash it it shrinks up some!

heat123 said:
I also got the sparkly 3/4 tee and thought the vests were cute but in CA who needs vests or jackets really! I want to hem the sleeves though cause it's hot right now and I want to wear it at my next show in August! The size Med. was bigger than I expected so I hope when I wash it it shrinks up some!
Oh, to be in CA and not need a vest or jacket! I envy you (but I'm not coveting. I'm happy you can be there!)

I was actually impressed with Merril's selections. I bought a child's XL tee... The small adult was down to my knees nearly... I wore it today and it fit well.
Some things were expensive, but most were reasonable compared to other such companies. I did splurge on the flip-flops...they were 15.95...I think...but they are really cute and comfortable. I bought the small notepads...I think there are 5 in a pack...a frisbee, and the birthday cards. I ordered the red yoga pants and a blue hoodie. The hoodie was only 22.00. Other than at WalMart you can't buy a hoodie for less than 30.00 in my area. They put out their catalog. I didn't see any pens at conference but the catalog had 2 or 3 different ones. I am hoping they will continue with more of what we saw at conference.

What is the website for Merril??

MerrillI was just going to ask about the Website for Merrill. There was a mention of being disappointed with Nancy's Arts website. I am as well. I get TONS of stickers and postcards from this site. I was just on last night and they're having a lot of the "Buy 1 get 2 free" sells on their stickers. Mainly due to no longer providing PC stuff. I'm hoping Merrill's stickers and postcards will be comparable to Nancy's!

Merrill is at: http://www.merrillestore.com/pamperedchef/index.asp You need to log on through Consultant's Corner, though. Go to Promoting your business > Licensed merchandise Vendors.

The stickers from Merrill had exactly the same wording as some from Nancy's.

chefann said:
.....The stickers from Merrill had exactly the same wording as some from Nancy's.
Yes, but they were boring and more expensive!

pamperedlinda said:
Yes, but they were boring and more expensive!

I agree with that!

I have always used the "bring a friend or outside order...." sticker from Nancy's - Merrill had one - but the colors were dull, and I loved Nancy's because they were set up 1 sheet per show - so easy to grab and go when you are doing invites on the run.

I wasn't impressed with the postcards either - and I think the stationary/thank you cards/note cards etc.....were very pricy.

I did like the clothing though.

I liked the clothing, but was disappointed in the selection. I'm not sure what I was looking for, but nothing jumped out at me as new and different. I don't know about the other Waves, but the lines in Wave 1 were SOOOOOO long... nothing was that important to me to get at Conference that I was willing to wait in those lines!
I agree about the stickers as well... same wording, but very boring colors that will blend in with catalogs, invites, etc. Stickers don't need to be glow-in-the-dark, but they need to stand out. I'm thinking I might start making my own... hmmmmm....

I ordered a license plate frame for only $4.95! I thought that was a pretty good deal except for the $5.95 shipping! So I ended up ordering the yoga jacket for $19.95. That helped me to justify the shipping cost a bit. I was disappointed in how much the lapboards cost because I really wanted them but I couldn't justinfy the cost. Maybe next year if I plan ahead....

I wasn't going to buy at conference but then I couldn't resist especially since I WON a gift certificate in the Serve Up Drawings! I was the first person to win at conference!! I got the microfiber jacket, a shirt, a blanket, flip flops and a few small things with my $100 gift card!

That's great! My director got me a few little goodies because she had her $300 conference cash.

BethCooks4U said:
I wasn't going to buy at conference but then I couldn't resist especially since I WON a gift certificate in the Serve Up Drawings! I was the first person to win at conference!! I got the microfiber jacket, a shirt, a blanket, flip flops and a few small things with my $100 gift card!

Congrats Beth! It's great to see the serve it up gifts go to someone who deserves them (not that others don't, but we all know how hard you work!)

GourmetGirl said:
Congrats Beth! It's great to see the serve it up gifts go to someone who deserves them (not that others don't, but we all know how hard you work!)
Awe.... thanks!

BethCooks4U said:

BETH! I cheered for you when they called your name! I guess if I didn't win, the next best thing was for you to win!

My SD won the Laptop too - which was funny, because just the day before my director had been telling her how much she really needed one!

Oh I'm glad to hear that she needed one. When they announce the winner was a Senior Director I thought "A Senior Director? She probably can afford to buy one!" :0)

Christ Follower said:
Oh I'm glad to hear that she needed one. When they announce the winner was a Senior Director I thought "A Senior Director? She probably can afford to buy one!" :0)

The thing is, she joined PC to put her kids through college, and all of her paycheck has been going towards that for the last 8 yrs...........I asked her at conference if she was now able to spend on herself, and she said now the goal was to build up a reserve for the future........she is an incredible person, and I was so glad that she won!

That's good to know. See? That's why I shouldn't think things like that! You never know another person's situation!

BethCooks4U said:
I won too Beth! I won $100 for order supplies yipeee!! How cool is that for everyone who won!

PaulaP said:
I am glad you wrote the above. I agree with you totally. My director was very disappointed in the Director store as well. I also thought the way entry into the booth was set up was handled poorly as well.

Count me as one more director who was totally unimpressed with the selection AND the prices.

BethCooks4U said:

Beth!! HOW COOL!!!!!!

heat123 said:
I won too Beth! I won $100 for order supplies yipeee!! How cool is that for everyone who won!

Congrats to you too Heather!

I wish I had of know about the flip-flop!I LOVE flip-slops. Oh well, I have my director getting me suprise boxes guess I don't need to ask for too much.

There will probably be some on Ebay soon!

When they drew the name for the laptop in Wave 2, no one cheered, yelled or anything! I was thinking to myself that they should have drawn another name!!

Wow, hope they were there! That would be funny if they were in the bathroom or something!

Merrill's customer service sucked. They didn't even know what they were selling. I had questions they couldn't answer. They didn't have sample or pictures of lots of things. People were coming back with their "will call" bags that were packed incorrectly.

I like the look of their stuff, but they need better prices and need to replace their CS staff or come have the Trader Joe's people train them or something. That store has the best CS ever.

DebbieJ said:
Merrill's customer service sucked. They didn't even know what they were selling. I had questions they couldn't answer. They didn't have sample or pictures of lots of things. People were coming back with their "will call" bags that were packed incorrectly.

I like the look of their stuff, but they need better prices and need to replace their CS staff or come have the Trader Joe's people train them or something. That store has the best CS ever.

I just finished up my conference survey and I made sure to include all this type of information in it, I completely agree with you! If you feel strongly about it, I would suggest including it in your survey as well. That way, if need be, changes could possibly be made... (I focused on the fact that I think they could use a better line system and layout so there's less congestion, and of course, LOWER PRICES!)

DebbieJ said:

I did talk to a lady that was there (very friendly I might say) and she told me that most everyone at NC were temps and that she was friends with the manager or something. I didn't have anyone rude, but they were less than knowledgeable......and definately understaffed, the lines were horrendous!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefEsther
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pamperedlinda
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefkristin
  • raebates