• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating the New Web: Finding Ease in Online Spaces

In summary, the new web interface is improving with updates and fixes, but there are still some issues being worked on. Some consultants are experiencing difficulties due to the major changes, but others are adapting well and enjoying the new features. The tax calculation issue has not been completely resolved and consultants are advised to submit shows with math errors. Some consultants are still experiencing major issues, but Pampered Chef is working to resolve them. It is important for recruiters and consultants to be aware of these issues and help new consultants navigate the new web.
ChefPeg
Gold Member
Is it getting any easier?

It is! I have seen many improvements and it is also moving faster than it was. There are still some things they are working on, but things are getting better. Some of my issues are simply because I am not used to it now. When I have been a consultant for several years, this is a huge change! But I also love many of the new features and am getting better at it.

Thank you for the update. Is it calculating the correct amount of tax yet?

It does seem to be getting better. I signed a new consultant in the new web the other day and we then entered her first show. No problems.

My contacts are still a mess but because I have p3 I haven't worried too much about it yet.

And as mentioned, there are some really great features that we couldn't do in the old, especially the evites-once they get fixed completely they will be awesome!

I don't know if the tax issue has been fixed completely because it is not an across the board problem. I have yet to have that issue and have submitted 14 shows in the new web. I have had other issues, like ordering one thing and it telling h.o. I ordered something else.

All in all, I do think it is getting better. However,I do not think it is ready for everyone to be using it. Still too many random issues, many of which do not effect everyone (like the tax thing).

Nice to hear others aren't having issues. The past week-2 wks had been nuts for my new consultant. Tears and almost quit, lost a show and a few orders b/c of web issues and took over a wk back n ' forth with ho to get show "fixed" and submitted. Some are still having MAJOR issues. I'm told only 1 in 100. Just stinks when you or someone on your team is the 1.

I can't imagine why/how only some people are having issues. I know it's true, I just would think that tech problems would be more universal.

I have submitted one show in the new web and have stuck with P3 since. I got an email the other day saying my commission was wrongfully adjusted... which I didn't even know about cause I never look at the statements, just my bank account to see what goes in. In the email it told me the show number and it was the one I submitted in the new web. They said they will fix the adjustment next pay day. I don't understand how a show submission could be off?

I signed a new gal and I helped her with the new web. Her shows have been going in fine as well. Haven't had any issues. Other people on my team are having issues with P3 now, though.

Kind of missing the web updates too.

Beth, I too don't get how only some are having issues and others are not.

The fact that some of the issues seem to be random, thatis kind if disturbing....because it will be harder for them to correct or find. If the consultant is not on their toes, it could painful. Let it be a lesson to recruiters too to make sure to really help and watch their new consultants as they get going. They wont know what to look for necessarily first starting out.

baychef said:
Thank you for the update. Is it calculating the correct amount of tax yet?

Tax issue not yet resolved. HO is advising to submit shows with math errors and that they will credit guests if overcharged or waive costs if undercharged. They also need an email to [email protected] so that they can be made aware of problem for that area and work on resolving.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Tax issue not yet resolved. HO is advising to submit shows with math errors and that they will credit guests if overcharged or waive costs if undercharged. They also need an email to [email protected] so that they can be made aware of problem for that area and work on resolving.
I refuse to submit a show with a math error. I skipped June and did it on P3 after having to re-enter all my May shows onto P3 because of math & past host issues. I will try again in July...I realize not everyone and not every order has issues and I do appreciate the directors and new consultants who have stuck with the new web. Without people using it we won't ever get it fixed. I know before I stepped away I spent many extra hours on the phone and emailing screen shots, etc. and I bet those that have continued the fight have doubled my time. Thank you!

Last edited:
Yes, we werent comfortable submitting. Fortunately, our customers were being undercharged. New consultants don't have the p3 option and so we had our hands tied. Since the company is willing to absorb the costs, and we wanted to get the orders quickly, we went ahead and submitted. We also had to write an email for customers explaining why their receipts show a different charge and that those who paid cash or check would be getting refund. Extra steps for new consultant, but fortunately she is loving our biz at the moment and wasn't too upset with the problem and solution. Still emailing newweb... I have team members anxious to get started on it and I tell them, when you get it you'll love it as the issues will be resolved. In the meantime, enjoy p3 and trust we are getting those kinks worked out.

I have used it at shows, and it takes twice as long to enter orders. Mainly because you have to wait for it to save and load everytime you hit a key. Searching is not as easy as it use to be either... but i do an being patient.

I hate the saving and unnecessary clicks and prompts. Hoping they streamline.

Hopefully the app in offline mode will eliminate that delay.

I keep telling myself that.... I bet the app works even though the web doesn't. Lol

If it works you'd think they'd give it to us and make us feel better AND not have to be online or write things out. ...or carry the laptop and enter it on P3.

Has anything these past 2 months made sense?

Regarding the Tax issue.....I was talking to another consultant yesterday. Se figured out what they are doing that causes the tax discrepancy.

For regular items, they are charging sales tax on each item INDIVIDUALLY, instead of on the subtotal of the whole order. So the round-up, round-downs vary. HO told her it was a business decision because people can select an item to direct ship to different locations, and have the rest of their order go somewhere else. Since sales tax is calculated based n the shipping address, that is why they chose to do it that way. so instead of PC eating the pennies, we do.
Second, she said the Pantry items are taxed different too. i didnt quite catch what she said, but something about selecting the cheaper tax rate overall on that order?? Nt sure, but either way, it was calculated funny.

So if you do things by paper, which because of the lack of receipts and such available to US, you will likelye off a penny or two. Nt much, but annoying!

Also, she said she keeps a paper receipt for all orders because she has had a couple of orders go into the system, and then just disappear. No trace of the customer record or order. Now she keeps a record, since PC couldnt.

She was a NEW consultant and said she has spent hours on the phone with tech support. Se said she has gotten to know a few of the guys there. :).

Just thought I would share, so you at least have an idea....plus warn you with the paper receipts. So I wonder if folks are doing the p3 orders for your shows instead of the new web you have access to, if that is throwing things off too because they are still calculating your tax under the NEW math, vs P3 methods.

Big cluster......;)

Maybe this was asked someplace else and I missed it. When you have a show on the new web and a host wants to pay for more than one order with her cc can this be done? I have had several hosts pay for the rest of a show in p3 with their cc card and I just leave no payment in p3 for the customers she is paying for. If this is not possible then can the same cc# be used for more than one order up to how many orders??

You can put as many orders as you need on one card. You must enter the card info on each guest order as on beta they all have to show paid. When the payments are processed it will only show as one charge on the card though.

I still think it's more time consuming to enter information into the BETA site, P3 is still much easier I think.

I just switched on 9/1. I'm getting used to Beta, but yeah. I put in a show the other day (after the fact, I'm not messing around with this at a show--NOT FAST ENOUGH), and it took me almost 90 minutes to input info that would have taken me 25 minutes in P3.

The best thing you can do is give PC feedback. It's in beta, so it should be actively improved.

I am not looking forward to being told I have to switch and stop using P3. I have not really ever had any problems with P3 and any comments about it by my hosts and customers have always been positive. I have been told it is better than other home-based businesses that put orders in via their phones.

How long can we stay on P3. When will it become obselete?

higoobs said:
How long can we stay on P3. When will it become obselete?
We haven't been told yet, as far as I can tell.

raebates said:
We haven't been told yet, as far as I can tell.
I haven't seen any dates. Seems to me that there are still MANY issues to be resolved. I hope it's another year or so.

I switched over in September because I didn't have as many shows and I thought it would be good when I'm not as busy. I have put all my orders in the beta site and it took a lot longer than P3, but I know when we switched to P3 I didn't like that either (because I didn't know it). At this point, I'm not thrilled but I'm sure once I learn all the little tricks I will love it. I just want them to let us print off receipts. I have tried using the app on my phone and that takes forever....won't be doing that for quite a while at shows.....I can do it quicker manually. Just my opinion.

What is "toThose on the New Web..."?

"toThose on the New Web..." is a virtual cooking class platform offered by Pampered Chef. It allows customers to participate in live cooking demonstrations and interact with other participants from the comfort of their own homes.

How does "toThose on the New Web..." work?

Customers can sign up for a cooking class on the Pampered Chef website and will receive a link to join the virtual class at the scheduled time. The class will be led by a Pampered Chef consultant who will guide participants through the recipe and answer any questions.

Do I need any special equipment to participate in "toThose on the New Web..."?

No, you do not need any special equipment to participate. However, having a computer or mobile device with a stable internet connection is necessary to join the virtual class.

Can I interact with the instructor during the "toThose on the New Web..." class?

Yes, you can interact with the instructor and other participants during the class. There is a chat feature where you can ask questions and share your cooking experience.

Are the recipes used in "toThose on the New Web..." classes available for purchase?

Yes, the recipes used in the virtual classes are available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website. You can also find additional recipes and cooking tips on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jendill
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies