• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toSort or Not to Sort......laundry Quandry

In summary, this woman saves a lot of time by not sorting her laundry and just putting everything in the washer, even the dirty clothes.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
I have a family of four...DH and DS play soccer, DD plays tennis, DS wears school uniforms. I have MOUNDS of laundry every week.

Today I read an article in Woman's Day about saving time cleaning. One lady said she doesn't sort her laundry. Each person gets a laundry basket, when it's full she does a load. Saves sorting twice...once to separate colors, once to get it to the right person. The only things she pulls out are things that would "bleed" (like new jeans) and fine washables. She just puts 1 c. vinegar in loads with whites to keep them bright.

Has anyone heard of this before? Does it work? It would save SO much time if I didn't have to sort all that laundry. It would also be nice to not have "hills" of laundry in my living room waiting for their turn in the washer :)

I want to try this but am a bit leery....want to see if anyone else has done this :)

Its only DH and I , but we both have seperate laundry baskets. I didnt do it that way on purpose, it just sort of happened.

Morfia might have some tips, I know she has a method.

I dont really sort the tradional way. All clothes get washed together (except delicates and dry cleaning). All towels get washed together and all sheets get washed together. I have never sorted whites out because I just dont have that many and I would feel bad wasting a load just for them. Sometimes I will gather everything that needs to be stain treated and do them all in one load, but thats about it.

Withdrawn.

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
There have been recent two threads where this was pretty well hashed out:

Laundry Question

Washer & Dryer

I've just read through both threads and don't see anything about whether or not it is essential to sort the laundry first (darks, brights, whites). The first thread was about getting smells out of laundry and the other was debating the best type/brand of washer and dryer.

So, KG, thanks for trying to help but my question still remains...do I need to sort my laundry out into different loads or is it safe to throw them all together?

I got a three bin laundry hamper that sit outside of our bathroom/laundry room. One bin is for jeans and towels. One is for shirts and colors. The third is for white, socks and undies. This has helped laundry so much because it's already sorted if people can put the stuff in the right bin. As soon as the bin is full, throw it in the wash. Now if only I can figure out how to make it fold itself...

I have always washed my family's clothes all together. I've never sorted except the reasons you mentioned above, new jeans that would bleed, etc. I wash towels together and sheets together and I have never had any problems with it.

I also only wash with cold water, so that helps as well.

I have 2 laundry baskets - 1 specifically for whites and the other is for colors - so that cuts the sorting down a bit - I also find it helpful to schedule laundry every day - Basically before I go to bed at night I sort out one load (whichever is the largest wins) In the am when I wake and go downstairs, I bring the laundry with me and put it in. Then after coffee and making kids breakfasts and school lunches, I switch over to the dryer and hang anthing that needs to be hung dry - after showers etc - another load is brought down and put in washer, usually the dry load is done too at that time - so I try to fold if I have time. Cycle continues then in the evening - loads just rotate -

And I understand with the sports gear - right now we have 2 in soccer, 3 in lacrosse and 1 in cheering - (1 is away in college - so its a little less!!) It is all about balance and I am a firm believer in letting the kids pitch in and help!!

supergirljennie said:
I have always washed my family's clothes all together. I've never sorted except the reasons you mentioned above, new jeans that would bleed, etc. I wash towels together and sheets together and I have never had any problems with it.

I also only wash with cold water, so that helps as well.

Thanks Jennifer! That's exactly what I wanted to hear :) I would still wash my towels and sheets separately from the other laundry so I could use hot water and kill the germs.

That article was an ah-ha moment. If I could just toss it all in together my life would be so much easier. (Okay, maybe not SO much easier but every little bit helps!)

I have never sorted clothes except if it is a new piece that would bleed. I do each person's clothes together, DH, DS, DD, DS, mine. That way if there is something in the pockets that they should have taken out it doesn't ruin the others clothes!!!! My 6 month old is very sensitive so his goes in using Dreft. The rest I use regular detergent and they have always turned out fine. I do wash towels and sheets seperate because of the lint. Hope this helps. I have just found that seperating wastes a lot of valuable time and it is not really needed. Most white T-shirts have colored designs and writing on them anyway!!!!!!!

I used to sort, but I found it was wasting tons of time. Now I've got one laundry basket for each person's room - the only exception is we have one master basket for whites; that goes in my room. All the kids bring their underwear and washcloths and other whites to that basket, and when it's full it gets done. (I really prefer washing underwear and washcloths, etc with bleach anyway, so I think this extra load is worth it.)

The others (dark colors, light colors, etc) all get washed together, and even if they have forgotten and thrown some whites in they are all still together anyway. This has saved me tons of time, because I no longer have to sort it out when I bring it downstairs and then sort it into each person's pile when I bring it back up.

I find that I feel like I'm doing a lot less laundry this way - I'm sure ti's the same amount, really - but it feels a LOT less overwhelming, and my laundry room is no longer piled with loads to do. It was a struggle for me to give up the sorting, but other than the whites, I don't see that it's making much difference in the colors.

=) Jen

It's funny, I actually sort DH's and my clothes (is that the right grammar?) but I don't sort my two DS's. Not really sure why. I think I am going to start not sorting since it has never hurt the boys' clothes.

One thing about the clothes that might bleed. Have you guys tried the Shout Color Catchers? They work great! I just throw one in the wash when I wash new clothes with old and I never have a problem with bleeding. Love it!

This intrigues me and scares me at the same time.

Even with sorting (darks/brights, pastels/lights, and then whites) I STILL get stuff that runs on my clothes! The other day one of my good white bras got put through the dark load (cold water only) and now it has blue markings on it.

My good PC shirts (some are white, some are light pink that I am speaking of) are looking very "dingy" and that's with washing the white ones in HOT water with vinegar and occasionally with bleach. The pink ones (get washed in warm then rinsed in cold) are looking dingy too.

Perhaps I should wash MY "good" shirts and DH's dress shirts alone and try not sorting anything else.

I am VERY interested in hearing from others on this subject, I would love to save that sorting time!

Things that make you go Hmmmmm!

I have 3 'bins':
1. whites (underwear, sheets, towels, etc.). I have gone down a cup-size, so I don't have to worry about bras anymore. Hot wash/warm rinse.
2. colors - jeans/sweatshirts, colored socks, etc. - warm wash/cold rinse
3. dress shirts - cold wash/cold rinse

Saves me time as I HATE to do laundry!

I use the Shout Color Catchers - they are awesome - it's amazing how much dye they catch off of clothes. I've been doing the laundry since I was 10 years old - used to be a chore that I was paid for as a kid - so I've had a lot of experience. I do separate (actually get the kids to help) and do the whites together, darks together, towels together, all jeans together etc. I really don't find the sorting part taking the longest to wash them - it's the folding and putting away which I need some help with. I try to throw a load in right before bed or right after I wake up in the morning so I can get a head start on my laundry for the day.

Morfia's method----everyone has there own day--3 kids each has there own basket---when they bring it down on there day without being reminded they get it back washed dried folded and put away---if they forget--I remind them and they beg to have it put away---(no i don't give in)
not often do they forget----they also have color coated towels--So if one is left on the floor---no ? who's it is---that has improved as well---Sheets get washed and put back on no need for multiples ---one or 2 extra is fine but---as a just in case---ie--sick kid---etc...for the extra's put an entire set in the pillow case so they are easy to find---
I also leave extra pillow cases in there rooms---they can change them--with minimal help---they are 12, 11 & 7.5
one battle at a time---Vanessa---knows I RUN A TIGHT SHIP----lol

I am awful I guess. I do hot load and cold load. I wash towels, socks, underware together, and color clothes in cold.
I so did not want to be like my sister in law. They are a family of 5. She does:
white
off white
blue
purple & pink
green & teal
browns
blacks
reds
yellows
Too much for me. If it bleeds, it bleeds... Laundry is too time consuming as it is with 6 of us. I do 2-3 loads a day, any more than that I would :cry: :eek:

Leslie...are you serious about your SIL?? She must make herself nuts! If she does that for LAUNDRY...how much does she freak out about cleaning!!??

I just wanted to add a time saver that I have done since moving out of the house: NO FOLDING UNDIES!! They get tossed into the drawer in a pile. Who sees if they are wrinked, anyways!??

My kids do their own laundry so it's a non issue with us, but when they were little they each had their own hamper from the time they were babies. When it got full, I washed it. Oh my gosh, I can't imagine trying to sort my 19 year old son's underwear with my husband's, not to imagine socks---I'd be a blithering fool, LOL

Nanisu said:
My kids do their own laundry so it's a non issue with us, but when they were little they each had their own hamper from the time they were babies. When it got full, I washed it. Oh my gosh, I can't imagine trying to sort my 19 year old son's underwear with my husband's, not to imagine socks---I'd be a blithering fool, LOL

We have this problem so "everyone gets their own basket" would be great. My husband will fold the laundry while watching tv (yes, it's taken 23 years to get him to this point!) He is always mixing up my daughter's underwear (she's 18) and mine. While this is annoying...it is also slightly endearing :love: My DS and DD love the "low ride" socks and I can never figure out who's is who's. I just pile them up and let them fight over them!

After reading all the responses....I'm ready to try this idea this week and see how it goes :) I think I'll also add a lesson in how they can do it themselves!!;)

My timesaver is I don't turn clothes right side out. My dh and kids get their laundry the way they give it to me, except now it's clean.

I so sort laundry. I'm probably overboard compared to most of you.
All darks get washed together, including jeans unless really light color. I don't worry about bleeding that way.
My nice clothes that say "gentle wash" on the tag and dh's nice clothes get washed in gentle, cold cycle with Woolite (this includes my Victoria Secrets bras).
My light color shirts - gray, white, lt blue and yellow, khaki's, ds's boxers, and my exercise clothing - get washed in warm water. Exercise clothes smell even after cold wash.
Underwear and sox get washed in hot water. I really have no logical reason why I don't wash my boys' boxers in hot water. I buy ds's different brand sox so I know whose is whose.
Sheets get washed in hot water, and I'll throw in underwear and sox if there is room. We have allergies so we kill the dust mites.
Kitchen towels get washed separate from bathroom towels - both in hot water. I was getting hair on my dishes from the microfiber towels, so I started washing kitchen towels and dishcloths separate from bathroom towels.
I use Tide Free on anything not washed in cold water. I use the cold water Tide on cold loads. Laundry tends to sit clean in baskets for days! I do all the laundry from sorting to folding and putting it on everyone's beds. If I don't put it on the bed it doesn't get put away.

MORFIA said:
Morfia's method----

everyone has there own day--3 kids each has there own basket---when they bring it down on there day without being reminded they get it back washed dried folded and put away---if they forget--I remind them and they beg to have it put away---(no i don't give in)
not often do they forget----

they also have color coated towels--So if one is left on the floor---no ? who's it is---that has improved as well---

Sheets get washed and put back on no need for multiples ---one or 2 extra is fine but---as a just in case---ie--sick kid---etc...for the extra's put an entire set in the pillow case so they are easy to find---
I also leave extra pillow cases in there rooms---they can change them--with minimal help---

they are 12, 11 & 7.5
one battle at a time---

Vanessa---knows I RUN A TIGHT SHIP----lol

Morfia,
I am going to need you to train me & my family on laundry rules when we're all in DC this summer!

1/2 the battle for me was when one out grew something and it was in the next in lines clean pile--it would always be given to the wrong--kid----too funny Carolyn---YOU ARE ON!!!! MOVE THAT LAUNDRY------

I wash towels, socks, sheets together. All jeans together. All colors together. That is about as sorted as I get. Most of the time the boys will sort their clothes into those categories in the laundry room. Then they get their clean clothes out of the basket & put away.

This is exactly what I have been doing the past month. I have a DH, and two little boys. They each have their own laundrey bag in their room (my husband keeps his clothes in the guest room) and I also have one for the towels. One night a week I rotate and wash one our loads or the towels. I use color safe bleach and do not have time to worry about the whites. I do wash the delicates separately but this does not take too much time because I hang them up to dry in my laundry room anyways. It has been a lifesaver. I was spending every sat doing laundry.

I am very serious about my SIL. Her house is flipped upside down alot because things have to be done a certain way and then everything else falls behind. She only does it 1 x 2 times a week so that her loads are a little bigger.
I used to be anal about that kind of thing, but I am learning...who cares as long as the boys are wearing pink shirts and underware, they don't look like they have been shoved under the bed for weeks and they don't smell too funky...I am ahead of the game.;)

Darks washed together (cold)
Whites washed together (warm if needed)
Towels (hot)
Sheets (hot)

Monday is bedding day (unless one of us is ill then it's washed more) I also do a load of towels this day.

I NEVER take anything to the dry cleaners (I'm too cheap)
Tuesday and Fridays are laundry days for clothes

Of course my stupid stupid stupid dryer is still broken :( I'm dying to get it fixed. It better be fixed by Monday afternoon or might have to go postal

So what have you been doing to get your clothes dry? It's so frustrating when something like that stops working.
My mom used to wash certain clothes on certain days. I wash stuff when the hamper is filled or I can't find certain clothes I want to wear.

We have been hanging a lot of stuff up. I have undies hung from everything:(
We have a washer and dryer down at our biz and so we have been taking laundry to work. DH doesn't want any of his underware going down there though :) It's been 5 weeks, and if I have to call Maytag again........

krzymomof4 said:
I am awful I guess. I do hot load and cold load. I wash towels, socks, underware together, and color clothes in cold.
I so did not want to be like my sister in law. They are a family of 5. She does:
white
off white
blue
purple & pink
green & teal
browns
blacks
reds
yellows
Too much for me. If it bleeds, it bleeds... Laundry is too time consuming as it is with 6 of us. I do 2-3 loads a day, any more than that I would :cry: :eek:

Sounds like me....
I do white, black/grey, jeans, blues, orange/yellow, green, red/pink/purple and khaki. But then again, I also iron eveything before it goes back in the closet.

erinyourpclady said:
Sounds like me....
I do white, black/grey, jeans, blues, orange/yellow, green, red/pink/purple and khaki. But then again, I also iron eveything before it goes back in the closet.

Sounds like the "old" me. When we first got married, I ironed everything! Every thing was ironed before I would wear it....jeans, tshirts, etc. After first child, I only ironed some things. After second child, it only got ironed if it was REALLY bad. I absolutely LOVE Downey Wrinkle Releaser. I rarely get the iron out anymore.

Once I realized that I would spend 15 minutes ironing a blouse for church and by the time I got to church (after wearing a seatbelt), you couldn't even tell.....I gave up trying to do it all. Ironing is the one thing I just let slip and haven't looked back :)

Ironing......What's that?????? You mean the cycle on the dryer? LOL I'm with you on the wrinkle releaser!

hmmm, let see - I do towels and pajamas/sweatshirts as one load, and then everything else gets separated into darks and lights/whites. That's as far as I separate.

And my dryer is the only iron I use!:D

I wash everything together in cold water. If there are sheets involved then I usually wash them with towels and sweatshirts, but still in cold water. It really does make life easier!

I make my boys do their own wash. I go into their rooms and fish out the towels, but other than that- not my problem (they are 11 and 13). I wash my dh's whites separately- he has lots of white shirts for the office that need to look nice. So, towels, dh's whites, and everything else. I still hate the stuff. Laundry sucks. I want to hire a teenager to do it for me. Would that be going too far?

friday said:
I make my boys do their own wash. I go into their rooms and fish out the towels, but other than that- not my problem (they are 11 and 13). I wash my dh's whites separately- he has lots of white shirts for the office that need to look nice. So, towels, dh's whites, and everything else. I still hate the stuff. Laundry sucks. I want to hire a teenager to do it for me. Would that be going too far?
IMO, it would only be going to far if you had to sacrafice food on the table to pay for it!!:D

sfdavis918 said:
IMO, it would only be going to far if you had to sacrafice food on the table to pay for it!!:D

I think she's already sacrificing food off the table....look what she's feeding that poor baby (avatar) :D :eek:

You iron what... Okay, sometimes I iron my shirts and pants if they need it for PC shows but other than that... I work in a factory and all winter wear the same black zip hoodie because it's so cold in there! I mentioned earlier that I don't really sort much, just jeans, shirts and whites. That's it. Works great in our house.

I am single and therefore I often toss in one load that has everything. Only exception is things that bleed (I tend to have some dark things to wash with my jeans) and when I bleach my whites. My washer has a low water setting.

I wash everything in warm, cold rinse.

I hate to sort laundry. Years ago we moved from a small trailer into a good-sized home. At that time (our 21-year-old DS was in 1st grade), I set up three hampers in the laundry room--1 for whites, 1 for colors, and 1 for jeans. There's a towel hamper in the bathroom. I have my own hamper in our large, walk-in closet, since my clothes don't get nearly as grungy as the guys'. It made it so much easier for me, because I didn't have to sort through everything if someone was out of tighty whities. As our DS got older, it also made it easier for him to do a load or two of laundry.Our DS lived at home for about two years after he graduated from high school. At that point, we gave him two hampers for his room. He used one for jeans/hoodies. Everything else went in the other. He did his own laundry. He's actually thanked me for making sure he knew how to do laundry, remove stains, and press a shirt. Many of his college friends had trouble the first couple of months at school.Since it's just the two of us now, The Furry Guy uses the laundry room hampers. He tends to put everything in one and wash everything together. (Yes, he does his own laundry.) He wears t-shirts and jeans/cammies, but no real dress clothes at all. It's not like he's going to hurt anything. My own laundry I just sort into line-dry and dryer-safe. On the rare occasion that The Furry Guy wears something besides his standard gear, he usually puts it in my hamper.

Yup my hubby does all the laundry around here. :) I love it, because I do not enjoy doing laundry and I guess he does. I have enough other jobs around the house so I do not mind at all. I think he does dark and light loads and occasionally an all white bleach load. He hasn't screwed any clothes up yet, so he gets to keep his job. :)

raebates said:
I hate to sort laundry. Years ago we moved from a small trailer into a good-sized home. At that time (our 21-year-old DS was in 1st grade), I set up three hampers in the laundry room--1 for whites, 1 for colors, and 1 for jeans. There's a towel hamper in the bathroom. I have my own hamper in our large, walk-in closet, since my clothes don't get nearly as grungy as the guys'. It made it so much easier for me, because I didn't have to sort through everything if someone was out of tighty whities. As our DS got older, it also made it easier for him to do a load or two of laundry.

Our DS lived at home for about two years after he graduated from high school. At that point, we gave him two hampers for his room. He used one for jeans/hoodies. Everything else went in the other. He did his own laundry. He's actually thanked me for making sure he knew how to do laundry, remove stains, and press a shirt. Many of his college friends had trouble the first couple of months at school.

Since it's just the two of us now, The Furry Guy uses the laundry room hampers. He tends to put everything in one and wash everything together. (Yes, he does his own laundry.) He wears t-shirts and jeans/cammies, but no real dress clothes at all. It's not like he's going to hurt anything.

My own laundry I just sort into line-dry and dryer-safe. On the rare occasion that The Furry Guy wears something besides his standard gear, he usually puts it in my hamper.
I do believe that teaching your children to do laundry is a good thing! I didn't learn from my dad but from a friend. I wouldn't trust DH to do the laundry, he has a hard time figuring out what temp, setting and how much detergent to use. Plus all the shirts that I keep buying that I realize are dry clean or hand dry only after I buy them!

I hubby does the ironing around here. I don't do it good enough from what I have been told :)

Last edited:
This post is funny to me- as a lifelong "non-sorter," it seems funny to me that so many people make a big deal out of it. The only time I wash things separate are if they're new & dark. Otherwise, everything gets washed together, on warm. I have no problem with my clothes! Oh, and this is laundry for me, my husband, and 2 little boys.

What an interesting thread!
I have kept a hamper in each of my kids' closets from the beginning! I just tell them to bring it to me when it starts getting full, and I tell them that if they notice something is getting low that they had better let me know, or they will have to wear dirty clothes!!! Like my son has this huge habit of putting on a new pair of socks EVERYTIME he needs to put on his shoes!! Ugh!!!:mad:
In my house I am forced to do things this way for the most part. My daughter has sensitive skin and I have to use detergents and dryer sheets that are "free" of any dyes or scents for her. The only thing I wash together of all of ours in our whites. I am tempted after reading this thread to put a small bin in each of their closets and have them put their whites in there, then it would be less sorting for me! My son and I usually share in our laundry because he is growing so fast that I wash all his clothes in cold unless they get really dirty! The cold keeps them from shrinking so bad and my clothes, I've always washed mine in cold, and I throw my hubby's church clothes in with that load. My hubby has his own load because he needs them to be washed in warm/hot and tide or the stains and smells do not come out!!!
I wash towels seperately and sheets seperately! Only because again, I wash the towels in the "free" detergent and DD's sheets go in with those and then I wash DS and our sheets together because I love the smell of clean sheets! I love good smelling laundry and my DD's loads just smell so boring!!!
I need to find a better system for the towels, because often my kids will throw their towels in their hamper, and then I'm forced to sort! My DD makes my life a lot harder in the laundry dept.! I was forced to do it this way for her sanity! or she'd itch like crazy! (Eczema!) Oh, also I have to double rinse all of her clothes, the whites and the towels, anything that has to do with her, I have to double rinse! She get's her clothes washed in cold! My water bill is high enough, I have to control the electric! LOL~!
Very intriguing post Georgia Peach!:)

Last edited:
erinyourpclady said:
Sounds like me....
Forget that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today was the first time I picked up the iron in about 6 months! LOL! My shirt needed to be ironed for church this morning and I went to the ironing board kicking and hollering the whole way !!LOL! My hubby had it out for himself already, so I just told him to leave it, I needed it and his eyes almost popped out his head!:eek: !

MissChef said:
Forget that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today was the first time I picked up the iron in about 6 months! LOL! My shirt needed to be ironed for church this morning and I went to the ironing board kicking and hollering the whole way !!LOL! My hubby had it out for himself already, so I just told him to leave it, I needed it and his eyes almost popped out his head!:eek: !
It's ok...I know I have "issues"! LOL!!

MissChef said:
Yea..no ironing here unless it's a BIG event (funeral, wedding, job interview)

I actually had to get the iron out yesterday, but it was to iron on a patch to DS's favorite black Tshirt that has a hole towards the bottom of the shirt!

Wow, I am floored by the fact that so few of you really sort things. I'm pretty anal about sorting it to some extent. Now I'm thinking I may need to reevaluate!!

PamperedChefDebi said:
Wow, I am floored by the fact that so few of you really sort things. I'm pretty anal about sorting it to some extent. Now I'm thinking I may need to reevaluate!!
It's not worth your time! I've never had anything change colors, shrink, etc!

<h2>1. Is it true that not sorting laundry can save time?</h2><p>Yes, it is possible to save time by not sorting laundry. Some people find that sorting laundry twice (once by color and once by person) is a time-consuming task, and prefer to skip this step altogether.</p><h2>2. How does the no-sort laundry method work?</h2><p>The no-sort laundry method involves giving each family member their own laundry basket. When a basket is full, it is washed as is, without separating colors or items. The only exceptions are items that may bleed or delicate items, which are pulled out and washed separately.</p><h2>3. Can I really mix colors and whites without any issues?</h2><p>While it is generally not recommended to mix colors and whites, many people have found success with the no-sort laundry method. However, it is important to note that some colors may bleed onto whites, so it is always a good idea to test new or brightly colored items before washing them with whites.</p><h2>4. Will using vinegar really keep my whites bright?</h2><p>Yes, vinegar can be used as a natural fabric softener and can also help to brighten whites. Adding 1 cup of vinegar to a load of whites can help to remove any residue or build-up that may be dulling their brightness.</p><h2>5. Has anyone tried this method before?</h2><p>Yes, many people have tried the no-sort laundry method and have found it to be a time-saving solution. Some have also reported that it helps to prevent "laundry mountains" from piling up in their homes. However, it is important to keep in mind that not sorting laundry may not work for everyone and it is always a good idea to test new methods before fully committing to them.</p>

1. Is it true that not sorting laundry can save time?

Yes, it is possible to save time by not sorting laundry. Some people find that sorting laundry twice (once by color and once by person) is a time-consuming task, and prefer to skip this step altogether.

2. How does the no-sort laundry method work?

The no-sort laundry method involves giving each family member their own laundry basket. When a basket is full, it is washed as is, without separating colors or items. The only exceptions are items that may bleed or delicate items, which are pulled out and washed separately.

3. Can I really mix colors and whites without any issues?

While it is generally not recommended to mix colors and whites, many people have found success with the no-sort laundry method. However, it is important to note that some colors may bleed onto whites, so it is always a good idea to test new or brightly colored items before washing them with whites.

4. Will using vinegar really keep my whites bright?

Yes, vinegar can be used as a natural fabric softener and can also help to brighten whites. Adding 1 cup of vinegar to a load of whites can help to remove any residue or build-up that may be dulling their brightness.

5. Has anyone tried this method before?

Yes, many people have tried the no-sort laundry method and have found it to be a time-saving solution. Some have also reported that it helps to prevent "laundry mountains" from piling up in their homes. However, it is important to keep in mind that not sorting laundry may not work for everyone and it is always a good idea to test new methods before fully committing to them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy
  • candiejayne