• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Join Facebook? Weighing the Pros and Cons for My PC Business

In summary, most people feel that if you are not going to openly promote your business on social media, then it is not a violation. However, if you make your profile private, then people have to be friends with you in order to see your comments.
janezapchef
Gold Member
I am one of the last hold-outs to not set up any of the facebook/myspace/whatever accounts. One of the biggest reasons I don't want to do it is that EVERYONE I already know definitely knows I am with PC, and given the MULTITUDE of "Facebook Violations" posts on here, I am worried that someone will ask me how my PC business is going or something innocent like that and I'll be in trouble. What are everyone's thoughts? I mean, I can see the value in signing up, but am I just opening a can of worms?
Thanks for any input!

If you are going to monitor it, and keep up with it, it can be great way to keep up with your friends. If someone asks about PC, just send them a note and delete the comment.

There are alot of people from CS (myself included), that are on FB and alot of consultants even talk PC to other consultants about :shows, recipes, promos etc. They just don't list that they are a "PC consultant" directly in their profiles. But according to some, (others) may say it's violation to do this kind of stuff??? I wish Home office were looser about this exact policy- oking us to "network" on different boards!

It's great for networking & talking to 'old friends'... I love it. Most people message me privately on FB if they have a PC question.

I'd go with it.. As long as it's not an intentional list on your profile, HO will probably just ask you to delete it, if they even find it..

Also, make your profile private. That way violation hunters won't turn you in for something silly like someone asking a question. If you're profile is set to private, then they have to be your friend to see any comments.. :)

Last warning... it is addictive!!

WLMcCoy said:
It's great for networking & talking to 'old friends'... I love it. Most people message me privately on FB if they have a PC question.

I'd go with it.. As long as it's not an intentional list on your profile, HO will probably just ask you to delete it, if they even find it..

Also, make your profile private. That way violation hunters won't turn you in for something silly like someone asking a question. If you're profile is set to private, then they have to be your friend to see any comments.. :)

Last warning... it is addictive!!

Totally, but I thought All users were set to PRIVATE? OR maybe that's the default setting? And you have to befreind them for them to see any of your info... otherwise it's just your pic with your name for the mass general public to see!

I thought I was the last person on the planet not to have one of these accounts. LOL I'm too busy and not savy enough for them. So I'm no help at all. :)

heat123 said:
Totally, but I thought All users were set to PRIVATE? OR maybe that's the default setting? And you have to befreind them for them to see any of your info... otherwise it's just your pic with your name for the mass general public to see!

You are not set to private unless you go through and change it. It seems as if this would be the default setting, but it isn't.

Crystal Patton said:
I thought I was the last person on the planet not to have one of these accounts. LOL I'm too busy and not savy enough for them. So I'm no help at all. :)

I don't have any of those accounts either. I am looked upon as weird by my social circle. LOL!

You are not alone. I've never signed up for any of those accounts either. I don't know if I want to or not.

I am in the same boat. Never had and I don't know that I ever want to have one.
DD wants a myspace and I won't let her have one either. She thinks I am horrible, I won't even get her texting on her phone (well none of us have it)
I feel if you want to talk with someone you pick up the phone.
Just my opinion

Kelly V.

you can also set your photo private to the general public and dictate what someone can see of your profile if they search your name or email. There are a LOT of privacy settings avaliable.

I said I would never do it - but then a friend started telling me about how she'd reconnected with several old friends - and I've been really wanting to find a way to reconnect with my College Roommate. So - I caved in and joined. I found her within an hour! Whoo Hooo! We have been having so much fun reconnecting, and I am now a believer in Facebook! This is someone I don't think I would have been able to find any other way (she lives out of the country) so I am so thankful.
I've also connected with others I'd lost along the way - and I'm having a ton of fun with Cheffer buddies, and other friends.

Hey, it's FREE!!! I love it!!! I was connected with old friends:)

Jane! Take the plunge! Me and Karlene will "friend" you! LOL

ChefBeckyD said:
I said I would never do it - but then a friend started telling me about how she'd reconnected with several old friends - and I've been really wanting to find a way to reconnect with my College Roommate. So - I caved in and joined. I found her within an hour! Whoo Hooo! We have been having so much fun reconnecting, and I am now a believer in Facebook! This is someone I don't think I would have been able to find any other way (she lives out of the country) so I am so thankful.
I've also connected with others I'd lost along the way - and I'm having a ton of fun with Cheffer buddies, and other friends.

I swore I never would either. Until my director and HD both got great leads while we were at Leadership (from people who knew what they do, not by advertising it). I have since got a couple recruit leads and a couple shows from being on FB. Plus reconnecting with old friends has been great too.

Liquid Sky said:
I don't have any of those accounts either. I am looked upon as weird by my social circle. LOL!

Where in Az are you?

janezapchef said:
I am one of the last hold-outs to not set up any of the facebook/myspace/whatever accounts. One of the biggest reasons I don't want to do it is that EVERYONE I already know definitely knows I am with PC, and given the MULTITUDE of "Facebook Violations" posts on here, I am worried that someone will ask me how my PC business is going or something innocent like that and I'll be in trouble. What are everyone's thoughts? I mean, I can see the value in signing up, but am I just opening a can of worms?
Thanks for any input!

I wouldn't worry so much about it. Facebook is a great way to keep up with friends near and far.... If people ask you about your Pampered Chef business, so what? It's not like you're advertising anything. Relax & enjoy yourself!

dancedivine said:
I wouldn't worry so much about it. Facebook is a great way to keep up with friends near and far.... If people ask you about your Pampered Chef business, so what? It's not like you're advertising anything. Relax & enjoy yourself!

Well, that's kind of what I thought initially, but then people are posting things on here every other day complaining about people mentioning just that on facebook! I can see obvious posting problems, but the innocent question asking has been cited more than once.

I will probably end up cracking and signing up though. I am on the reunion committee for my high school, and this would make things miles easier! Especially since it's almost April, and we've done nothing!

janezapchef said:
Well, that's kind of what I thought initially, but then people are posting things on here every other day complaining about people mentioning just that on facebook! I can see obvious posting problems, but the innocent question asking has been cited more than once.

I'll step in and say there are a few people that have taken it a little far and will turn you in if it sounded like you said Pampered Chef while burping!!! But there a lot of us on Facebook. As long as you don't list Pampered Chef as your employment and out-wordily advertise you'll be fine.

rennea said:
I'll step in and say there are a few people that have taken it a little far and will turn you in if it sounded like you said Pampered Chef while burping!!! But there a lot of us on Facebook. As long as you don't list Pampered Chef as your employment and out-wordily advertise you'll be fine.

LOL - that was funny!:D

I have a myspace and a friend who I haven't spoke to or seen in 15 years found me. I think it is great!

rennea said:

LOL

I agree with everyone else who are on the "Just do it" bandwagon! I have been keeping up with old friends, an old cousin of mine, and lots of family and cheffers on FB. I LOVE it, and I am so glad that I am on there. Especially with a reunion...I would say go for it! I will bet that 30-40 of my "friends" are people that I graduated with, so when it comes time for our 20th reunion (2010) we are gonna have a bunch of us already in contact!

rennea said:

LOL!!! You are sooo right on this - OK - quite a few of us Cheffers are on FB and we are all friends - My only problem in the beginning was that some threads here were all about not mentioning PC and then you would go to FB and some of the "PC police" had them in there status updates etc. I, personally, didn't know what the actual HO guidlines were as far as FB - (fyi - I never mentioned PC anywhere in my FB until about 2 weeks ago!) And I was nervous about breaking any rules - SOOOO - Once you understand the HO guidelines - I think its clear -

FB has allowed me to connect with so many from my past and helped me stay connected with family around the country - not to mention, give me insight to my cheffer friends who I hold close and dear to my heart! ( and you know who you all are!) Hopefully HO will see that FB can help build the business - many direct sale comp. are allowed to post their stuff -

Wow! You all have been so helpful/insightful about this! Thanks! I'll look for you once I sign up (it will be at least a week b/c I leave for Florida on Monday and might not sleep until then with everything to be done). Thanks a bunch!

My sis has had a MySpace for several years and had asked me to get one many times. In December of 2007 she married and moved to the other side of the continent. So that we could stay in touch easily and inexpensively, I went ahead & set up a MS page. We have both enjoyed seeing the pics & catching up. We still call at least once a week. Disadvantage? The old friends that are better left in the past.

janezapchef said:

I will probably end up cracking and signing up though. I am on the reunion committee for my high school, and this would make things miles easier! Especially since it's almost April, and we've done nothing!

I haven't finished reading the postings, but want to throw in my 2 cents. I'm on FB and Myspace. I personally like Myspace better, but I've had that account for like 3 or 4 years. My High School (at least the reunion committee) is using it as a way of tracking us until our 10 year reunion. and I guess subsequent reunions.... Do they do more than just 10 years? It can be fun. I haven't had anyone ask me about my biz. (I think all my friends are too apathetic to care) It can be lots of fun. If you don't like it you can always cancle.

Michelle

akrebecca said:
My sis has had a MySpace for several years and had asked me to get one many times. In December of 2007 she married and moved to the other side of the continent. So that we could stay in touch easily and inexpensively, I went ahead & set up a MS page. We have both enjoyed seeing the pics & catching up. We still call at least once a week. Disadvantage? The old friends that are better left in the past.

Have you tried Skype? When my uncle was in Iraq, my family used this to keep in touch with him. Very cool thing, especially when you have loved ones on the other side of the world.

janezapchef said:
Have you tried Skype? When my uncle was in Iraq, my family used this to keep in touch with him. Very cool thing, especially when you have loved ones on the other side of the world.

My college roommate (who I just connected with via Facebook) just told me to get a Skype account, so that we could talk better. (she is under a lot of restrictions with email/internet usage) I need to do this - I think the download is free.

ChefBeckyD said:
My college roommate (who I just connected with via Facebook) just told me to get a Skype account, so that we could talk better. (she is under a lot of restrictions with email/internet usage) I need to do this - I think the download is free.

It is free. This is how I talk to DH when he's traveling.

I'm trying to upload my profile picture now...which is an older one of my DGS and me. It is taking forever! Anyone with bellsouth.net (which has migrated to Yahoo! to make it AT&T Yahoo) have any trouble with it not wanting to accept your password? It says mine is wrong!

Ok, so, I finally took the plunge and signed up for FB! Thanks for all the advice! Hopefully, I won't have any problems!

BTW, if anyone would like to "friend" me, my name on there is Jane Schneider Phillips.

Thanks again,
Jane :)

Most addicting thing EVER! Not sure I'll ever get away from it! Aaaah!

1. What are the benefits of joining Facebook for my Pampered Chef business?

Joining Facebook can help you connect with potential customers and expand your reach. It also allows you to share updates, promotions, and new products with your followers, increasing the visibility of your business.

2. Will joining Facebook affect my PC business in any negative way?

As with any social media platform, there is always a risk of negative interactions or comments. However, with proper management and moderation, these potential issues can be minimized. Additionally, the benefits of joining Facebook for your business often outweigh any potential negative impacts.

3. Do I have to reveal my personal information on Facebook?

No, you can create a separate business page on Facebook that does not reveal your personal information. This will allow you to keep your personal and professional life separate while still utilizing the benefits of the platform for your business.

4. How much time and effort will maintaining a Facebook presence require?

It is up to you how much time and effort you want to put into your Facebook presence. However, it is recommended to regularly post updates and engage with your followers to maintain an active and successful page. This can be done in as little as a few minutes a day.

5. What are some tips for using Facebook effectively for my PC business?

Some tips for using Facebook effectively for your business include posting engaging content, responding to comments and messages in a timely manner, and utilizing Facebook's advertising tools to reach a larger audience. It is also important to stay consistent with your branding and messaging across all of your social media platforms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Chef Rachel
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Patsyscookin