• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Affordable Pampered Chef Building: Dispelling the Myth of Expense

In the past I have done it as my show and had them take the kit credit from that show and the bookings to get them started. This month for the first time in a few years, I am going to do the show as their show (have them sign up...etc) and then give them a couple of months to work and then I will give them their kit back.
naekelsey
Gold Member
What do you say to people who say it's to expensive to start PC? I didn't think it was so at a loss.

I certainly wouldn't try to convince them. That is just an excuse for them. But if I had to retort something- I'd probably say something like "Really? You think so? I don't think $5-6 per product is expensive at all! Plus the business paperwork I'd need and all of the training I need, at no extra cost. It's the best deal we have in the catalog, plus you get the opportunity to earn your money back in just 5 hrs of work! (2 shows)" Of course, I'd be sappy-sweet, but in my heart, I'd be sarcastic. LOL.

LOL! That's something I would like to say!! Not sure I will say anything but if I do, it needs to be "nice" Just was taken back by the response.Thank you

"I understand...sometimes looking at a $159 price tag can seem like a lot to spend. What I found, though, was that it is more than worth it. It's a great value just on it's own, getting over $550 (or whatever it is..double check it) worth of products and all the business materials you need for your first X amount of shows. After just doing my first couple of shows, I earned a great commission check that covered all my expenses, plus had a lot extra. Then PC also has a reward program where you can earn PC bucks. I earned a lot of them, so I had free money to buy whatever else I felt I wanted...more products I had on my wish list and future business materials. The $159 was such a great investment, it has brought me a lot of extra income and I've been able to... (pay off bills/buy my laptop/pay for vacation/gain friends and experience running my own business and gaining confidence and self-esteem/whatever you feel like sharing here...)If the $159 is too much to put on a charge card or borrow from someone right now, you could always go with the Mini Kit instead. It's only $80 and is full of the basics that you need to get started. As you earn commissions and rewards from PC, you can always add more items to your kit."

there is a first 30 days flyer around here that lays out the cost and the commission, etc. Id show that because it puts you ahead at the end of 30 days (assuming they qualify w $1250).

When a person responds this way, it generally means that you haven't gotten to the root of their concern. It's basically an easy out for them. Therefore, it is best to continue to ask questions to try to get to the true root of the person's concern.

For example:

"I can understand your concern about the initial cost. Tell me, what about it concerns you the most?"

There could be a misconception that the person simply doesn't believe you get everything for $80 or $159. They may think there are hidden expenses or that if you don't qualify in 30 days you'll have to pay it back.

The person may have had a prior experience with another d.s. company inwhich they did have to fork out a ton of money they never recouped. By asking further questions, you will find out what their true concern is and then you can address it.

So just keep asking questions!

I have had that response a few times recently and what has helped is to get them to either take the kit credit and/or book a grand opening. Then I explain to them that the average consultant makes $100 per party so they will re-earn their money right away. I have 2 grand openings scheduled this month :)

cincychef said:
I have had that response a few times recently and what has helped is to get them to either take the kit credit and/or book a grand opening. Then I explain to them that the average consultant makes $100 per party so they will re-earn their money right away. I have 2 grand openings scheduled this month :)

How do you do your grand openings? Are they your show or a show for the new consultant?

How do you do your grand openings? Are they your show or a show for the new consultant?

I have done both. In the past I have done it as my show and had them take the kit credit from that show and the bookings to get them started. This month for the first time in a few years, I am going to do the show as their show (have them sign up right before) and give them that show to submit as their first show, my goal is to have bookings on their calender when we are done. I think you can do it either way, but the key thing is if they have bookings they know they are making money.

Show them the numbers! There use to be a flyer running around of an average 30-90 days. It showed the kit price, product value, average commission earned, average pc$ earned, etc just to show what they can do with there initial investment. I haven't seen the flyer lately but maybe someone has one.

anyone have a copy of this flyer to share??

1. What is the "Affordable Pampered Chef Building: Dispelling the Myth of Expense" program?

The "Affordable Pampered Chef Building: Dispelling the Myth of Expense" program is a resource created by Pampered Chef to help consultants build their businesses in a cost-effective manner.

2. How does the program help with building a Pampered Chef business?

The program offers tips and strategies for reducing expenses and maximizing profits, as well as providing resources for finding affordable tools and materials for demonstrations and events.

3. Is the program only for new consultants?

No, the program is designed to help both new and experienced consultants save money and grow their businesses. It offers a variety of resources for all levels of experience.

4. Are there any additional costs associated with the program?

No, the program is completely free for Pampered Chef consultants to access and use. There are no hidden fees or additional costs.

5. Can the program really help me save money in my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, the program has been designed by experienced consultants and has been proven to be effective in helping consultants save money and increase profits. However, results may vary for each individual.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Mom 55
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Christine Hughes