• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toBring a Laptop to a Show or Not....

just in case!I put them in the file folder I've created for the show and then file them away. I've been in this amost 2 years now and haven't purged any yet, but I will soon. I've just been too lazy to shred it.

Is it a good idea to bring a laptop to shows

• NO! It may scare off a potential recruit.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have had an ACER for over a year now and I love it. My hubby is a computer geek for IBM and he recommended the Acer (for the price range and what I use it for -he said was good) Have had no problems at all with it and I use it for everything, from PC to school, internet, etc. I did get the lap top that has a bigger screen, but that was a personal preference.

I love my laptop (we should start a toshiba satellite club!). I got it in December and I am loving it at my shows. My favorite thing is that I am finally noticing what products the guest orders instead of just totalling the price. I don't know how many times I used to come home and notice that someone had ordered an upcoming host special, etc. but I hadn't noticed at the show and didn't talk to them about it. Now, I enter the orders on the spot and not only do I not worry about my math skills, I always have something to say at checkout to tie in to bookings, cross selling, etc. I know it does not require a laptop for everyone to remember this stuff, but it has made a huge difference to me.

Do you take your power cord with you? My battery (Acer) doesn't seem to last long enough. Once I even plugged in the computer but it was plugged into a plug that required the lamp to be on to work so it went dead. I felt so dumb.

Also, do you enter the guest's name at the show and then enter their contact info later? I don't send out invitations for the host so don't have the names early.

Thanks for motivating me to use the laptop for what we bought it for - to take to shows.

I just bought myself an ACER... it's my second ACER laptop. The old one is now for My John to use, and mine I take to shows. It's sooooo nice to be able to take it with me!!!!

soccermama said:
I just bought myself an ACER... it's my second ACER laptop. The old one is now for My John to use, and mine I take to shows. It's sooooo nice to be able to take it with me!!!!

Hmm. I wouldn't THINK of buying my commode a laptop.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. )

beepampered said:
Do you take your power cord with you? My battery (Acer) doesn't seem to last long enough. Once I even plugged in the computer but it was plugged into a plug that required the lamp to be on to work so it went dead. I felt so dumb.

Also, do you enter the guest's name at the show and then enter their contact info later? I don't send out invitations for the host so don't have the names early.

Thanks for motivating me to use the laptop for what we bought it for - to take to shows.

Bee,
I take my power cord w/ me - my battery is old - and doesn't last long either, and I'd rather be safe than sorry!
I enter in all contact info after the show - unless they are a booking or recruiting lead, and then I get their info while I am talking to them, and also make a note of the best time to call them for follow-up.

I was self-employed in marketing before becoming a PC consultant. I had two laptops (no desktop) so I did not need to make a new investment. My first laptop was a Toshiba Satellite--because it's older, it's also heavier. My current one is a Fujitsu Lifebook--all of 3.5 lbs. It's great for taking to shows. Sure makes it all easier. The first PC show I went to more than 4 years ago, the consultant used a laptop. I don't think it's a new recruit concern at all!!

--Cath

<H2>1. Should I bring my laptop to Pampered Chef shows?</H2><p>It is not necessary to bring a laptop to Pampered Chef shows. Our consultants are trained to use paper order forms and checkout is done through our website, so a laptop is not needed for checkout.</p><H2>2. Will bringing a laptop make checkout easier at shows?</H2><p>While it may seem like bringing a laptop would make checkout easier, our system is designed to work smoothly without the need for a laptop. Our consultants are trained to efficiently process orders using paper forms and our website.</p><H2>3. I'm worried that bringing a laptop to shows might give the impression that a recruit needs to buy one. Is this a valid concern?</H2><p>No, bringing a laptop to shows does not imply that recruits need to purchase one. Our consultants are not required to have a laptop and it is not necessary for success in Pampered Chef.</p><H2>4. Are there any benefits to bringing a laptop to shows?</H2><p>Bringing a laptop to shows can be helpful for accessing resources and information, but it is not necessary. Our consultants have access to all necessary materials and support through our website and other tools.</p><H2>5. What are your thoughts on bringing a laptop to shows?</H2><p>Ultimately, the decision to bring a laptop to shows is up to the individual consultant. However, it is important to note that it is not a necessary tool for success in Pampered Chef and our system is designed to work efficiently without one. If you feel more comfortable having a laptop with you, it is certainly an option, but it is not required.</p>

1. Should I bring my laptop to Pampered Chef shows?

It is not necessary to bring a laptop to Pampered Chef shows. Our consultants are trained to use paper order forms and checkout is done through our website, so a laptop is not needed for checkout.

2. Will bringing a laptop make checkout easier at shows?

While it may seem like bringing a laptop would make checkout easier, our system is designed to work smoothly without the need for a laptop. Our consultants are trained to efficiently process orders using paper forms and our website.

3. I'm worried that bringing a laptop to shows might give the impression that a recruit needs to buy one. Is this a valid concern?

No, bringing a laptop to shows does not imply that recruits need to purchase one. Our consultants are not required to have a laptop and it is not necessary for success in Pampered Chef.

4. Are there any benefits to bringing a laptop to shows?

Bringing a laptop to shows can be helpful for accessing resources and information, but it is not necessary. Our consultants have access to all necessary materials and support through our website and other tools.

5. What are your thoughts on bringing a laptop to shows?

Ultimately, the decision to bring a laptop to shows is up to the individual consultant. However, it is important to note that it is not a necessary tool for success in Pampered Chef and our system is designed to work efficiently without one. If you feel more comfortable having a laptop with you, it is certainly an option, but it is not required.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • otisbg
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • California Girl