• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toBring a Laptop to a Show or Not....

just in case!I put them in the file folder I've created for the show and then file them away. I've been in this amost 2 years now and haven't purged any yet, but I will soon. I've just been too lazy to shred it.

Is it a good idea to bring a laptop to shows

• NO! It may scare off a potential recruit.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SusanBP0129
Not sure if I should start bringing my laptop to shows. I think it would make checkout a bit easier....but I don't want a potential recruit to think they would need to buy one....KWIM? Thoughts??

I bring one because it's just so much easier for check out. I used to be so afraid I'd mess up adding (and I would!). I've considered the recruit factor, but I've paid for it with my commission seems to be a great recruiting tool.

If you have one ABSOLUTELY...bring it in MHO. It makes everything sooooooo much easier when taking orders etc. I would have so many mistakes if i did not take mine. :p

I bring it! I tell people that I bought it with a commission check--even though I didn't have one for the longest time!

I started bringing mine last September and it has not adversely affected my recruiting AT ALL!

It makes your life so much easier and you can finish up orders so much quicker!! Then when you come home, no more handling the order forms, just stick them in the folder, that I keep in my lap top and you're ready to add the outside orders and hostess order!!

LOVE IT!!

Only thing, remember, to update before start of new month, I forgot to do that before my first March show and felt like such an idiot!!

Learning lesson for sure!!

Lisa

update??
Lisa/ChefBear Only thing said:
Update what? I'm confused....:confused: :D

time saver! BIG TIME! I was always afraid to make mistakes by calculator so I would double-check the adding. I'm sure it looked really unproffessional. Now I just click click clack and it's done. Free's up my thoughts for recruiting and booking conversations!

I took my laptop a few times but just couldn't save time. I was having to enter the person's name and typing the item numbers wasn't too easy. It just seemed to be more complex but maybe I should try again soon....

I forgot mine one time....and was totally lost without it! I am so mathmatically challenged, that even with a calculator, I can't seem to total receipts correctly....and I'm usually trying to chat w/ people while I do their order, so I forget if I added everything up, or if I've already done the tax...and did I remember to put in the shipping before I did the tax.......my order taking is so much easier now that I bring my laptop!

I've been taking mine for a while and wouldn't go back to the calculator. Guests actually seem impressed that I can do it on the laptop and that it is so much easier...

I don't think it would hurt recruiting - if someone mentions the laptop I always say that I love being able to use it, but I also have done it with the calculator too and both ways work just fine.

Try it and see if you like it - you know your math is right and then you have less paperwork to take care of at home later. If I have too many people waiting I will not put in their address at the show - I will fill in that info later...

HTH!

Val

SusanBP0129 said:
Update what? I'm confused....:confused: :D

I think she is talking about the product update in PP

Just curious. What do you all do with your guest order forms once you have entered the orders in your computer??

I bring mine, esp when expecting a large crowd. It's great b/c I can naturally sit somewhere that people can come to me. I tell them to sit for a minute and we can chat while I'm entering their order, which was harder when I was trying to make sure my math was right. It looks very impressive and professional. I tell them that PC paid for it and it's a great tax write-off! As for it being something extra to carry, I tend to be able to tuck it in a piece of the show-to-go. However, I don't tend to put the personal info in at the show b/c that seems to take to long...unless I have a minute between customers.

hoosierchef said:
Just curious. What do you all do with your guest order forms once you have entered the orders in your computer??

I put them in the file folder I've created for the show and then file them away. I've been in this amost 2 years now and haven't purged any yet, but I will soon. I've just been too lazy to shred it.

I have an external HD for back up, so I'm not worried about the info getting lost.

Ohhhhh!
jasonmva said:
I think she is talking about the product update in PP

Thanks Jason!

Jules711 said:
However, I don't tend to put the personal info in at the show b/c that seems to take to long...unless I have a minute between customers.

I have the guest dictate it to me while I type. Takes about 30 extra seconds and it's MUCH easier than trying to type it all in when I get home.

hoosierchef said:

I put them in a 3 ring binder and file the show report behind them when I transmit the show.

I LOVE my laptop at shows. I would never go back to calculater and paper! And, no, it hasn't negatively affected my recruiting at all!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, taking my laptop to my shows!

I don't make any calulation mistakes now and before if the guest wrote the item number down and description and I didn't catch it until I get home, then I would have to play phone tag with them to see what they realy wanted. And if they wrote down the wrong amount and I didn't catch, well try getting the rest from them! Forget it!

I think people have actually responded will to me taking the laptop. They are always interested to know about the software, does it come in my kit or do I have to buy it. And this leads into recruiting.

I don't take one but I don't have one, and don't have the funds for one so I take a handy dandy calculator with me! I know lame but I can't afford a laptop! It was a laptop or a 56" HD TV guess which one won!! So we spent our tax return on a tv!

I love it! Saves time and mistakes (I am calculator illiterate)! It gives me the opportunity to say another thing that PC gives us (PP) and that I paid for it with my commission. Oh yes! I would not be without it!

You guys have all convinced me!! Starting with tomorrow night's show, I will be bringing my laptop! :D Thanks!

I didn't take my laptop for 6 months, even though I bought it FOR PC. I was afraid to lug it around and afraid it would scare people off, but I'm not rolling in the recruits anyhow, so I decided I'd just do it...it's SO much easier. I used to do okay adding up orders with my calculator, but when it came to adding them up to tell the host where she was at, it took me FOREVER! Now it's all right there! I LOVE IT! I can't believe it took me so long!

If I had a laptop I would so bring it with me...Then I don't have to worry about things being wrong!:p

I wouldn't be caught dead without a lap top..oh no way...doing it by hand..haha. I so would have screwed up a lot of orders...LOL

What kind of Laptop do you all have??

hoosierchef said:

Duuuuuude...I've got a Dell......

I'm with Linda. Toshiba Satellite!

I was on the Alaskan cruise when an executive director told me I should invest in a laptop. I would attract professional people and not just the SAHM's. She was right.

I also love being done with the show until I go to close it. No more last minute episodes of me frantically entering the show so I can close it.

laptop
hoosierchef said:

Mine is an IBM ThinkPad.

I have a Sony VAIO, but have been spending alot of time in the Laptop Aisle at Office Max and Staples lately.........

Chefgirl2 said:
I also love being done with the show until I go to close it. No more last minute episodes of me frantically entering the show so I can close it.
Glad to hear I am not the only one entering orders 10 minutes before I am supposed to be calling the host to close!

I also have the Toshiba Satellite! I love it. This is my second one in a month the first one (NOT a Toshiba) wasn't that great (very slow) and returned it.

I have an Acer and love it.

Jules711 said:
I have an Acer and love it.

I've seen those alot lately, but don't know/haven't heard anything about them....they seem to be less expensive though than some of the "big" name computers.

I am not sure, but the one I had just didn't seem to handle the new windows OS out.
I got the Toshiba and it has more space (not sure of the computer term!) to run the system.
The retail store I purchased it from said they had more returns on the Acer's then any other laptops so far this year??

I chose "other" on the poll. I have no laptop, so I am unworthy to give advice.

If I had one, though, I would definitely use it. No more calculation errors. No more mis-ordered items. Ahh, I can just imagine the pleasure of a perfectly accurate show before leaving the host's home.

My Toshiba is still going strong after 4 years and toting it to over 150 shows. I was going to upgrade this spring but decided to wait since I didn't "need" a new one.

I LOVE my laptop and wouldn't know how to live without it!!!

etteluap70PC said:
My Toshiba is still going strong after 4 years and toting it to over 150 shows. I was going to upgrade this spring but decided to wait since I didn't "need" a new one.

I LOVE my laptop and wouldn't know how to live without it!!!

That's sorta where I'm at with my Sony VAIO.....I've had mine for 4 yrs & over 150 shows too! Most of why I want a new laptop is for larger screen, lighter weight, more RAM (I just added to mine, but I could only go to 512, and I'd love even more!)....but I guess I should just wait until it's more need than it is want!

I like to take mine because the one time I didn't, I totally screwed up the orders! Also, I don't think it is a recruiting scare because I get to tell people how I used it as a tax write off which leads into recruiting!

I have forgot mine twice.... I didnt' know what the heck I was doing.... it saves my life...... I can't do recipts correctly or if their is sales tax... I live in Oregon their isnt' any but in Washington state their is.... I wouldn't know how to figure it. LOL makes my life so much easier.

I was very much an anti-lap top person before I started with PC (I'm a bookkeeper by trade and use the 10 key numeric pad all the time and just didn't like the mouse pad or having to use the number keys atop the letters to input them). Since I started PC, I've taken over my husband's laptop and am now considering buying my own (I'll make sure to get one wide enough that the 10 key numeric pad is included). I've been converted because it's really nice that I can work on my PC stuff anywhere at home (we have wireless internet) so I can answer emails and craft marketing letters while the baby plays without having to force her to stay in the office.

I did buy a USB 10 key numeric pad to use at shows.

I use P3 (by the way, those "constant" updates are specific to you -- when you submit a show and they process it, you'll get an update message because it's updating your host's past host discount number) and really like the look up feature in the show -- I've been able to quickly tell a customer whether or not we carry an item (a guest REALLY wanted the old cake tester), and to help them choose an item when they are just short of the special level (i.e., they have $57 in product and need just a little more to earn the guest special -- I do a search and then have it show all items a few dollars more than what they need and let them pick from the list).

Another trick I do, is encourage my hosts to put their guests in on my website, then before they show, I enter the names of everyone who has responded yes into P3 -- saves me some typing at the show. I also have everyone fill out the drawing slips, so I only enter their name at the show (unless there is more time between guests) and fill in the phone, email and address from the drawing slips or order forms when I get home.

I definitely love the lap top!

I have a Dell laptop, but I don't take it to shows. I guess I should, it sounds like it makes things easier. Huh??

It really does make things easier. Also, I can show the customer what their total is and do a search for items that cost close to what they need to add to their order in order to get the guest special. Also, it adds up the show total for me so I can show the host exactly where s/he is!

I have a Dell Insprion 9400..... I LOVE IT!!!

Jilleysue said:
I wouldn't be caught dead without a lap top..oh no way...doing it by hand..haha. I so would have screwed up a lot of orders...LOL

Is it a purple laptop Jilleysue? :)

Well, my laptop is attached to my legs.

No, wait. That's my lap.
:D

<H2>1. Should I bring my laptop to Pampered Chef shows?</H2><p>It is not necessary to bring a laptop to Pampered Chef shows. Our consultants are trained to use paper order forms and checkout is done through our website, so a laptop is not needed for checkout.</p><H2>2. Will bringing a laptop make checkout easier at shows?</H2><p>While it may seem like bringing a laptop would make checkout easier, our system is designed to work smoothly without the need for a laptop. Our consultants are trained to efficiently process orders using paper forms and our website.</p><H2>3. I'm worried that bringing a laptop to shows might give the impression that a recruit needs to buy one. Is this a valid concern?</H2><p>No, bringing a laptop to shows does not imply that recruits need to purchase one. Our consultants are not required to have a laptop and it is not necessary for success in Pampered Chef.</p><H2>4. Are there any benefits to bringing a laptop to shows?</H2><p>Bringing a laptop to shows can be helpful for accessing resources and information, but it is not necessary. Our consultants have access to all necessary materials and support through our website and other tools.</p><H2>5. What are your thoughts on bringing a laptop to shows?</H2><p>Ultimately, the decision to bring a laptop to shows is up to the individual consultant. However, it is important to note that it is not a necessary tool for success in Pampered Chef and our system is designed to work efficiently without one. If you feel more comfortable having a laptop with you, it is certainly an option, but it is not required.</p>

1. Should I bring my laptop to Pampered Chef shows?

It is not necessary to bring a laptop to Pampered Chef shows. Our consultants are trained to use paper order forms and checkout is done through our website, so a laptop is not needed for checkout.

2. Will bringing a laptop make checkout easier at shows?

While it may seem like bringing a laptop would make checkout easier, our system is designed to work smoothly without the need for a laptop. Our consultants are trained to efficiently process orders using paper forms and our website.

3. I'm worried that bringing a laptop to shows might give the impression that a recruit needs to buy one. Is this a valid concern?

No, bringing a laptop to shows does not imply that recruits need to purchase one. Our consultants are not required to have a laptop and it is not necessary for success in Pampered Chef.

4. Are there any benefits to bringing a laptop to shows?

Bringing a laptop to shows can be helpful for accessing resources and information, but it is not necessary. Our consultants have access to all necessary materials and support through our website and other tools.

5. What are your thoughts on bringing a laptop to shows?

Ultimately, the decision to bring a laptop to shows is up to the individual consultant. However, it is important to note that it is not a necessary tool for success in Pampered Chef and our system is designed to work efficiently without one. If you feel more comfortable having a laptop with you, it is certainly an option, but it is not required.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • otisbg
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • California Girl