• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

To all my APO/FPO people...

redd3708

May 3, 2006
I had to fill out a "Home Enterprise Application Package" and run around the base to get it signed by different (important) people. After I turned my package in, the man helping me said that it would take 3-6 weeks for my package to be viewed, signed off on, and a licensed to be issued.

How long did it take for y'all to get this done? I think that is a rediculously long time to wait.

nikked

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2005
Never heard of such of thing

As far as I understand it, we are not "starting" a home business, like a wood shop in the garage. We are selling products for a company. I have a large network of direct selling friends that live on base, and no one (that I know of) has ever done this, or been asked or told that they had to do this.

A lot of times, the "powers that be" don't realize that while essentially we "run" our own business, we are paid by and get a 1099 from TPC, and that TPC takes care of all sales taxes (as long as we collect them).

Now, that said, I am stateside, and maybe things are different on an oversees base, but I don't see why they would be. We are still the same type of business, and we couldn't be doing it if it wasn't on base.

I don't know if any of this helps...hope it did!

erinyourpclady

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 19, 2006
It is different overseas and mine probably took that long. I still held shows and to be honest NO ONE ever asked to see it!! However, I always kept a copy of it in my binder that went to every show with me!
The Home Business License is "required" overseas although I KNOW a lot of companies/consultants do not abide by the rules (for example...selling to locals or carrying inventory!) but PC Consultants are held to a higher standard in my opinion.
Go ahead...do your shows...they have all your information and you are good to go!

HTH~
Have a Pampered Day!!