1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Tiramisu Brownie Trifle ??

1. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

I am doing a show tomorrow night, and the host has chosen the tiramisu brownie trifle. What do you think about instead of the stripes on top, I do rosettes with the cool whip (in the easy accent decorator), then put a chocolate covered coffee bean in the center of each rosette? Then finish it by shaving the chocolate in the rotary grater? I can get a small bag of the coffee beans for around three dollars, then use them for other parties.

May 30, 2009
  2. laurichef

laurichef Member Gold Member

I always finished mine w/the EAD rosettes and grated chocolate over the top, using the microplane grater. Big wow factor when using a mini Hershey bar -- pop it in the grater, shave off some chocolate to cover the top, then remove the leftover chocolate bar -- always enough left for you to selfishly keep for yourself, and you have shared that mini bar of chocolate w/ everyone.

May 30, 2009
  3. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

and now, you can also add some shaved chocolate using the garlic slicer!

May 30, 2009
  4. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

You know, I had plan on using my microplane, if my last order does not come today, which has the rotary grater in it.

I recently made a recipe in the silicone floral cupcake pan that called for 1/4 cup of chocolate chips grated on the microplane, which was easily 1/2 cup by the time I was finished grating them. Maybe I will use that instead, because when I first read the recipe, I was like "how on earth do they expect me to grate chocolate chips", but it worked beautifully. That could be a potential wow factor item!! Plus, with the "knuckle guard" (as I call it), I think PC is the only one who offers a microplane with one!!

Thanks for your imput. I don't have the garlic slicer yet, but now I know of another use for it besides garlic. I have also heard of using the zester as well. I always love to be able to present more than one use for an item, makes it seem like they are getting a 2fer!! BTW, how do you keep the chocolate from tasting like garlic?

May 30, 2009
  5. doughmama

the garlic slicer also works great with small pieces of pecorino romano cheese - shaved cheese - love that product. and agree with you about the microplane with the guard. did a party yesterday and used it and someone asked me how often I used it. Use it at as many shows as I can and she couldn't believe how sharp it was as hers has already dulled! Love this stuff.:love:

May 30, 2009
  6. doughmama

not sure about keeping the chocolate from tasting like garlic - just wash it well - kitchen brush is great for this since it is so sharp - or dish washer - I never eat anything I make at parties so who knows - lol.

May 30, 2009
  7. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

Yeah, I bought the microplane before becoming a consultant, because of the many uses I could get out of it: grated nutmeg, garlic (in place of the press), chocolate, zesting citrus fruits, grating hard cheeses like pecorino or parmesan....

May 30, 2009
Have something to add?