• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Have you tried this upgraded twist on Tiramisu Brownie Trifle?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the preparation of a tiramisu brownie trifle and different ways to decorate it. The host suggested using rosettes with cool whip and chocolate covered coffee beans, as well as shaving chocolate with a rotary grater. The speaker also mentioned using a microplane grater and a garlic slicer for different purposes in the kitchen. They discussed the sharpness of the microplane grater and its various uses. The conversation ended with a discussion on how to prevent the chocolate from tasting like garlic when using the slicer.
shelly.nurse
I am doing a show tomorrow night, and the host has chosen the tiramisu brownie trifle. What do you think about instead of the stripes on top, I do rosettes with the cool whip (in the easy accent decorator), then put a chocolate covered coffee bean in the center of each rosette? Then finish it by shaving the chocolate in the rotary grater? I can get a small bag of the coffee beans for around three dollars, then use them for other parties.

I always finished mine w/the EAD rosettes and grated chocolate over the top, using the microplane grater. Big wow factor when using a mini Hershey bar -- pop it in the grater, shave off some chocolate to cover the top, then remove the leftover chocolate bar -- always enough left for you to selfishly keep for yourself, and you have shared that mini bar of chocolate w/ everyone.

and now, you can also add some shaved chocolate using the garlic slicer!

You know, I had plan on using my microplane, if my last order does not come today, which has the rotary grater in it.

I recently made a recipe in the silicone floral cupcake pan that called for 1/4 cup of chocolate chips grated on the microplane, which was easily 1/2 cup by the time I was finished grating them. Maybe I will use that instead, because when I first read the recipe, I was like "how on earth do they expect me to grate chocolate chips", but it worked beautifully. That could be a potential wow factor item!! Plus, with the "knuckle guard" (as I call it), I think PC is the only one who offers a microplane with one!!

Thanks for your imput. I don't have the garlic slicer yet, but now I know of another use for it besides garlic. I have also heard of using the zester as well. I always love to be able to present more than one use for an item, makes it seem like they are getting a 2fer!! BTW, how do you keep the chocolate from tasting like garlic?

the garlic slicer also works great with small pieces of pecorino romano cheese - shaved cheese - love that product. and agree with you about the microplane with the guard. did a party yesterday and used it and someone asked me how often I used it. Use it at as many shows as I can and she couldn't believe how sharp it was as hers has already dulled! Love this stuff.:love:

not sure about keeping the chocolate from tasting like garlic - just wash it well - kitchen brush is great for this since it is so sharp - or dish washer - I never eat anything I make at parties so who knows - lol.

Yeah, I bought the microplane before becoming a consultant, because of the many uses I could get out of it: grated nutmeg, garlic (in place of the press), chocolate, zesting citrus fruits, grating hard cheeses like pecorino or parmesan....

1. How do I make the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle?

To make the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle, you will need to first bake a batch of brownies and let them cool. Then, mix together a combination of espresso and coffee liqueur and pour over the brownies to soak. Next, make a layer of vanilla custard and spread it over the soaked brownies. Finally, top with a layer of whipped cream and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

2. Can I make the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle in advance. In fact, it is recommended to refrigerate the trifle for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before serving.

3. What type of brownies should I use for the trifle?

You can use any type of brownies for the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle. However, it is recommended to use fudgy brownies rather than cakey ones, as they will hold up better when soaked with the espresso mixture.

4. Can I substitute the coffee liqueur with something else?

Yes, if you do not have coffee liqueur, you can substitute it with strong brewed coffee or espresso. You can also use a non-alcoholic coffee syrup for a similar flavor.

5. How many servings does the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle recipe make?

The Tiramisu Brownie Trifle recipe makes 8-10 servings, depending on the size of your trifle dish and how thick you make each layer. It can easily be doubled for larger gatherings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyTheChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
simonsays
Replies