• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips: Video About Preserving/Storing Fresh Herbs

In summary, storing fresh herbs involves washing and drying them, wrapping them in a damp paper towel, and placing them in the refrigerator. Freezing herbs is also an option by chopping them and placing them in an ice cube tray. To preserve fresh herbs for cooking, they can be dried and stored in an airtight container. When chopping fresh herbs, it is best to remove the leaves from the stems and use a sharp knife or kitchen scissors. Dried herbs can be used as a substitute for fresh in recipes, but at a ratio of 1/3 of the amount called for in the recipe.
esavvymom
Staff member
This is a quick 2-minute video with great fresh Herb preserving information- for storing 7-days, several months, and pesto, etc.

Good tips for our shows! Utilize it with our Salad Spinner for washing/drying the herbs the best This is the time of year that folks (like me) may have herbs in their gardens coming out of their ears and they don't know what to do with them! (I have a basil plant as tall/wide as a 65-gallon rain barrel!! :eek:) But now I know exactly what I can do with it all!

This video explains the different methods of preserving herbs, including freezing and drying, as well as a few tips on how to best store them. It also provides a great overview of what you can do with herbs, such as making herb-infused oils and vinegars, pesto, and more. The visuals are great and the information is presented in an easy to understand way. Highly recommended for anyone looking for some useful tips on how to preserve their herbs!

Wow, thanks for sharing this video! I always struggle with knowing how to preserve my herbs, especially during the summer when they seem to grow like crazy. I never thought about using a salad spinner to wash and dry them - that's such a great idea. And I love the idea of making pesto and storing it for later use. I can't wait to try out these tips at home. Thanks again for sharing!

1. How do I store fresh herbs to keep them fresh longer?

The best way to store fresh herbs is to wash and dry them thoroughly, then wrap them in a damp paper towel and place them in a plastic bag. Keep them in the refrigerator, and they should stay fresh for up to a week.

2. Can I freeze fresh herbs for later use?

Yes, you can freeze fresh herbs to use later. Simply chop the herbs and place them in an ice cube tray, then fill the tray with water or olive oil. Once frozen, transfer the cubes to a freezer bag and use as needed.

3. How should I preserve fresh herbs to use in cooking?

The best way to preserve fresh herbs for cooking is to dry them. You can do this by hanging them upside down in a cool, dry place until they are completely dry. Then, store them in an airtight container and use as needed.

4. What is the best way to chop fresh herbs?

The best way to chop fresh herbs is to first remove the leaves from the stems. Then, gather the leaves into a pile and use a sharp knife to chop them into small pieces. You can also use kitchen scissors for a quicker and easier chopping process.

5. Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh in recipes?

Yes, you can use dried herbs instead of fresh in recipes, but keep in mind that the flavor may not be as strong. When substituting dried herbs for fresh, use 1/3 of the amount called for in the recipe. For example, if a recipe calls for 3 tablespoons of fresh herbs, use 1 tablespoon of dried herbs instead.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cheftonia
  • esavvymom