1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Tips on Quiche Lorraine Tartlets

1. cochef

cochef Veteran Member Gold Member

Help please! I made these at a show last night and they would absolutely not come out of the pan :yuck:. I had guests doing them and I think they rolled out the dough a bit but I don't think that would be the whole problem. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Mar 25, 2009
  2. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Did you spray the pan? Did you try using a citrus peeler to pop them out? Sometimes I twist things and then they are easier to pop out.

Mar 25, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

You have to spray the pan. I had another consultant tell me that she didn't think you need to but you really do.

Mar 25, 2009
  4. cochef

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't think the pan needed to be sprayed, especially since it is "nonstick" and the recipe didn't specify that. Even the citrus peeler would not work so we finally tried the little tool inside the Baker's Roller to get them out in pieces! I would be tempted to try the recipe with crescent rolls instead of the pie crust - at least those don't stick. Do you think that would work?

Mar 25, 2009
  5. lestat_de_leon

lestat_de_leon Novice Member

I've made these 3 times using refrigerated pie dough and have never had them stick at all. I would try again with the pie dough if I were you...and make sure that the people don't press them into the pan "too" hard.

6. pckellyd

pckellyd Member Gold Member

I agree, I've made them 3 or 4 times, and never needed to spray the pan. Make sure you tell them, when they use the tart shaper, it's just to get the dough into the well, so use very very light pressure. Also, i've noticed we had one or two stick if the well was over filled and the egg mixture spread over the pie crust.

Mar 26, 2009
  7. cochef

Thanks again for more feedback. We did have the refrigerated pie dough. I'm not giving up yet. I have to do them again in a couple of weeks so I might experiment at home before that.

Mar 26, 2009
  8. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

Ditto Lestat and PCKellyD. I've never sprayed and never had a problem, except if a little egg spills, and even then it's not been too bad.

Mar 26, 2009
Have something to add?