• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips on Quiche Lorraine Tartlets

In summary, the guests at the show were having trouble with the pie crust version of a recipe and were looking for suggestions. Some people recommended spraying the pan, using a citrus peeler to pop the pastries out, or twisting them to make them easier to remove. However, others did not believe that spraying was necessary and suggested using very light pressure when pressing the dough into the pan. Some also mentioned that overfilling the wells could lead to sticking. The original poster is determined to try again and may experiment at home before attempting the recipe at another event. Overall, the general consensus was that using refrigerated pie dough should not result in sticking.
cochef
Gold Member
Help please! I made these at a show last night and they would absolutely not come out of the pan :yuck:. I had guests doing them and I think they rolled out the dough a bit but I don't think that would be the whole problem. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Did you spray the pan? Did you try using a citrus peeler to pop them out? Sometimes I twist things and then they are easier to pop out.

You have to spray the pan. I had another consultant tell me that she didn't think you need to but you really do.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't think the pan needed to be sprayed, especially since it is "nonstick" and the recipe didn't specify that. Even the citrus peeler would not work so we finally tried the little tool inside the Baker's Roller to get them out in pieces! I would be tempted to try the recipe with crescent rolls instead of the pie crust - at least those don't stick. Do you think that would work?

I've made these 3 times using refrigerated pie dough and have never had them stick at all. I would try again with the pie dough if I were you...and make sure that the people don't press them into the pan "too" hard.

I agree, I've made them 3 or 4 times, and never needed to spray the pan. Make sure you tell them, when they use the tart shaper, it's just to get the dough into the well, so use very very light pressure. Also, i've noticed we had one or two stick if the well was over filled and the egg mixture spread over the pie crust.

Thanks again for more feedback. We did have the refrigerated pie dough. I'm not giving up yet. I have to do them again in a couple of weeks so I might experiment at home before that.

Ditto Lestat and PCKellyD. I've never sprayed and never had a problem, except if a little egg spills, and even then it's not been too bad.

1. How do I prevent my quiche Lorraine tartlets from getting soggy?

To prevent your quiche Lorraine tartlets from getting soggy, pre-bake the tartlet shells before adding the filling. This will create a barrier between the filling and the crust, preventing it from becoming soggy.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese in my quiche Lorraine tartlets?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese in your quiche Lorraine tartlets. However, traditional quiche Lorraine uses Gruyere cheese, which adds a rich and nutty flavor. Other types of cheese that work well in quiche Lorraine include cheddar, Swiss, or even a combination of different cheeses.

3. How do I make my quiche Lorraine tartlets more flavorful?

To make your quiche Lorraine tartlets more flavorful, you can add additional ingredients such as bacon, ham, onions, or herbs like thyme or parsley. You can also experiment with different types of cheese or add a dash of hot sauce for a spicy kick.

4. Can I make quiche Lorraine tartlets ahead of time?

Yes, you can make quiche Lorraine tartlets ahead of time. You can prepare the tartlet shells and filling the day before and assemble and bake them on the day of serving. You can also freeze the assembled tartlets for up to a month and bake them straight from the freezer when ready to serve.

5. How do I know when my quiche Lorraine tartlets are done?

You can tell when your quiche Lorraine tartlets are done by inserting a toothpick or knife into the center. If it comes out clean, then the tartlets are ready. The filling should also be set and slightly golden on top. It usually takes about 25-30 minutes to bake quiche Lorraine tartlets, but the exact timing may vary depending on your oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
akggirl
  • chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Bowlersbus
  • ltricarico