• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Corer Woes: My Party Saturday & Tips Needed!

In summary, the Apple Corer is a popular tool among partygoers, but Sandi does not care for it because it always gets stuck. She suggests alternatives, such as using a different tool or using a different method for stuffing the apple.
sandilou
Silver Member
For my party Saturday, I guess a bunch of people want me to bring the Apple Corer. :rolleyes: They are interested b/c they want to make baked apples. Well, that tool is not one of my favorites. It always gets stuck for me! Ugh. In fact, I NEVER take it with me. Any tips?

TIA,
Sandi

sandilou said:
For my party Saturday, I guess a bunch of people want me to bring the Apple Corer. :rolleyes: They are interested b/c they want to make baked apples. Well, that tool is not one of my favorites. It always gets stuck for me! Ugh. In fact, I NEVER take it with me. Any tips?

TIA,
Sandi

do you mean the A/P/C/S....?

Well if its the corer, bring small apples, also I use a cuccumber & it works great...HTH

Last edited:
seeds out of cucumbers
pits out of plums
cores out of apples
centers out of canned biscuits for donutsthis was is sooo much easier than our old one I cut myself many times on it.

Yep, the corer -- weird, huh. I need more tips on how to get the thing unstuck from the apple, not ways to use it. If you push it all the way through, it won't hold the stuffing. Personally, I don't think the spot where the core was is enough room to put very much filling. Someone saw where you can use it for a candle holder, which is pretty, and wants to know about that, too. I guess you could push it all the way through for that, but sometimes that is even hard.

Sandi

I hated my A/P/C/S until I watched a video on youtube of one that worked correctly! Something was wrong with the spring on mine and it took out half the apple with the peel. I sent it back and got a different one which works perfectly.

This won't help for a Saturday show, but if any of your clustermates have a good one for you to borrow, you may discover you actually like the thing!

I don't use it often, since most times I am wedging too- so I use the wedger...but when I do, I think I twist it while pulling it out to get it to start moving back out.

don't have any easier way I agree its hard to get out thats why I gave you other uses mine seldom sees an apple ha

esavvymom said:
I think I twist it while pulling it out to get it to start moving back out.

Twisting it helps me get it out too.

I love to poke it all the way thru baking potatoes, pull it out and stuff with shredded cheese and crisp bacon. Take the cut out part, cut 2 "plugs", plug the filling in and bake. Yum!:thumbup:

blueberrylady said:

I love to poke it all the way thru baking potatoes, pull it out and stuff with shredded cheese and crisp bacon. Take the cut out part, cut 2 "plugs", plug the filling in and bake. Yum!:thumbup:

OMG- that sounds delicious and a great tip about the plugs!

blueberrylady said:

WOW! You can bet I'll telling them about this!! :chef:

Sandi

If you hold it with a cloth and twist back and forth it comes out easier most of the time.

1. Can the apple corer be used on different types of apples?

Yes, the apple corer from Pampered Chef is designed to work on a variety of apple sizes and types, including both soft and hard apples.

2. How do I clean the apple corer?

The apple corer can be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water and a brush, or it can be placed in the dishwasher for convenience.

3. Does the apple corer remove the entire core?

Yes, the apple corer from Pampered Chef is designed to remove the entire core of the apple, leaving you with a perfectly cored and ready-to-eat fruit.

4. Can the apple corer be used for other fruits?

Although the apple corer is primarily designed for apples, it can also be used for other fruits such as pears and even peppers or tomatoes.

5. How do I prevent the apple corer from getting stuck in the apple?

To prevent the apple corer from getting stuck, make sure to twist it gently while pushing it through the apple. You can also try rotating the apple as you core it to ensure a smooth removal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• paulabatton
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Jennie50