• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Ice Cream Torte Recipe with Helpful Cutting Tip | S/S Season's Best 2005

In summary, the conversation is about making an Ice Cream Torte and sharing tips on how to cut it easily. The main tip is to cut the ice cream sandwiches in half before assembling the cake. The conversation also includes discussions about living in Arizona and the dry heat, as well as variations of the recipe and using different ingredients. Some tips for making the torte at shows are also shared, along with a funny story about a host who bought the wrong ingredients. Overall, the participants in the conversation highly recommend the recipe and offer helpful tips for making it successfully.
ladybug
Ladies,

I just made the Ice Cream Torte (S/S Season's Best 2005) and it is delicious and very easy!!! I have one tip that might help since cutting it was not that easy...

The directions say to use the 12 ice cream sandwiches, 6 on bottom, 6 on top of the filling... this is fine, but if you cut the sandwiches in half BEFORE you make the cake, it will be alot easier to cut b/c it is already scored into manageable pieces. Ice cream sandwiches are pretty wide and so it is a really big slice when you cut it down each sandwich. When you try to cut down the middle of the sandwich the whole cake starts to fall apart.

Hope you all can understand the message... basically layer your 6 sandwiches on the bottom and cut them vertically down to make 2 halves on each. When the cake is done, you can use those pre-made slices as your guide as to where to slice.

ThanksThanks for the tip. I will be promoting these Ice Cream shows this summer, as I live in Phoenix, AZ. This will be my first summer here and I am not looking forward to it. If one more person says to me, "But it's a dry heat" I will scream!!! 115 is 115 that's all there is to it! :eek:

Live in AZ too~I also live in AZ, but not Phoenix, but about 20 miles away... I am already hot...so I can only imagine what the 115 thing is going to do for me.. an oven has "dry heat" too, so it absolutely no consolation to me!!
The only good thing about dry heat is that I don't have bad hair days any longer!!!

Hope you like the torte....we LOVED it today!

Hey LadybugI'm actually in Surprise. Where are you?

Ice Cream CakeI, too have made this recipe over a dozen times now, because it is so good! I have also tried using mousse instead of pudding, and using strawberry mousse, and other flavors as well.

Since it is such an easy recipe, i normally do another one to go with it at my shows. Try making the cake first and then putting the cake in the freezer while you are working on your other recipe so it hardens up a bit.

:)

Michelle Roth
Independent Kitchen Consultant
[email protected]

ice cream sandwich bar cakeI've made this recipe too and it IS great!! I am offering it as first choice in June.

The first time we made it we tried to cut it right away and it did kind of fall apart but then we froze the rest and at the end of the meeting we tried again and it was very easy to cut.

I made it at a show on the frozen chillzanne rectangular server insert and then froze it while we did the rest of the show. When we took it from the freezer at the end it cut very easily with the nylon slice and serve. The insertmoved around a little on the table when I first started working with it but the grip that comes with the cutting boards worked great to stop that!

Oh and I used the store brand ice cream sandwiches with no problem!

Very trueWhen you cut it after the 30 min. of freezing time it is hard to cut, but I just had a leftover piece today and it is much easier to cut. But if you have to do it at a show and don't have much time, it might move around a bit.

Thanks for the heads up! By the way, it tastes even better as the days go by. And yes, the cheap store brand ice cream sandwiches work great!!! I love it!

Thanks SOOO!! Much for the Tips. I'm making the Torte for a show on Sunday. But I'm going to practice on my family tomorrow. Hope it's a success....

Funny story and some cross-selling ideasI just wanted to add a funny story about this torte, which I personally love and have been doing at my last 6 shows. (The cut torte looks pretty if you can find Neopolitan ice cream sandwiches). At a show last week, the host only bought 8 oz of Cool Whip. So at my show this past week, I told the host to make sure she got the 12 oz Cool Whip, and she said, "Of course, I always make sure I buy the right ingredients." Would you believe, when I arrived at her house, yes, she had the 12 oz Cool Whip, but she bought ice cream BARS instead of sandwiches!?! Ugh...sometimes I get so discouraged by hosts that don't follow directions (at least 75% of the time hosts don't have the right ingredients or don't have them ready for me, despite both written and oral requests). :mad: It is Sooo much easier to bring my own ingredients. Guess that's a different thread, hey? Anyway, I always make the torte on my Chillzanne Rectangle Server, but I'm afraid to use a knife on it (I have a hard time w/ the nylon Slice and Serve - it doesn't cut through the cookie part of the sandwich). So...I've been putting parchment paper down on my Server (I cut it a bit so that it's not hanging out too much), popping the torte into the freezer for half an hour, and then sliding it (with the paper) onto my large SA platter before serving. I also bring confetti sprinkles (that I keep in a prep bowl) and sprinkle those on top of the cake and platter - it really makes a pretty birthday cake!

What ingredients do I need to make the Easy Ice Cream Torte?

To make the Easy Ice Cream Torte, you will need 1 package of chocolate cake mix, 1/2 cup of butter, 1/2 cup of chopped almonds, 1 quart of vanilla ice cream, 1 jar of hot fudge topping, and 1 tub of whipped topping.

Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix that you prefer. Just keep in mind that it may alter the overall taste of the torte.

Do I need any special equipment to make this recipe?

No, you don't need any special equipment. However, you will need a 9-inch springform pan to assemble and serve the torte.

What is the helpful cutting tip for this recipe?

The helpful cutting tip is to use a hot knife to cut the torte. This will help prevent the ice cream from melting and will result in cleaner slices.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Easy Ice Cream Torte ahead of time and store it in the freezer until ready to serve. Just be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
cheflydia
Replies
Views
Admin Greg