• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Nonstick Cookware Cleaning Tip: Use a Nylon Pouffy!

In summary, the pouffy can be used to clean non-stick cookware and the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush is a great tool for cleaning stones and other dishes.
amya
Here is a tip I recently read in a magazine for cleaning any type of high-end nonstick cookware - like ours!

Use a nylon "Bath Pouffy" (The kind used for body wash in the shower - I'm not sure what they are really called) to clean the cookware. The pouffy is very soft and will not scratch the nonstick finish. To wash the pouffy, just put it on the top rack of your dishwasher. I've used this for about a month now and it works great.

Thanks for the idea.

I LOVE my Easy Clean® Kitchen Brush! I have 2. I use one for my dishes and one for my stones. The only reason I have 2 is my husband decided to use one to clean the deep fry container. It was totally black at first, but still worked. I knew I couldn't take that to shows, so I got another one. The black has worn down to a dull gray. That is how we tell them apart.

Anyway....LOVE my Easy Clean® Kitchen Brush!!

And you can put those poofs in the dishwasher?? I'd think the heating element would melt the plastic! AWESOME! I'll have to give that a try!

Is the easy clean kitchen brush pampered chef? I've never heard of it before.

Yes it is. It is a long handled brush with a square bristle head. It also has the scraper at the end of the head. This makes it PERFECT for cleaning your stones and other dishes. The water can get really hot and your hands don't have to touch it. Here is the description on the web.

Kitchen Companions: Easy Clean® Kitchen Brush
#1625 $8.50
Long-handled brush and scraper duo takes on tough cleanup jobs on Stoneware, cookware and more.

FYI on Easy Clean BrushGinger - just in case you weren't aware the brush carries a lifetime warranty on it. At a Cluster meeting my tealight in my fondue set caught the bowl on fire because it got to low...yeah I know what you're thinking, thank goodness it was a meeting and not a show!...but anyway, I used my brush to clean off the burnt part on the small bowl and it turned my brush black. I must have washed it 10 times and it just wouldn't come clean so they sent me a new one. I know it still works colored gray and all but they will replace it for free if you want them to =)

I'll have to look that brush up. It would be much easier to clean the fluted stone with that than with a nylon scraper. Thanks!

I love that brush too! It's really great on the stones and tools like the slotted nylon tools to get into the little spaces! Mine got really black too but after a couple washings and a visit in the dishwasher it looks fine!

I do have a different one I carry in my tool turn-about but that's me - I want to have my kit ready without emptying the kitchen on the way out the door and besides my husband cooks too and he always need just the thing I grabbed that night! :p

1. How do I remove burnt-on residue from my cookware?

To remove burnt-on residue, fill the pan with warm water and add a few drops of dish soap. Let it soak for about an hour, then scrub with a non-abrasive sponge or brush. For tougher stains, mix baking soda with water to form a paste and scrub the affected area. Rinse and dry thoroughly before using again.

2. Can I use metal utensils on my non-stick cookware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on non-stick cookware as they can scratch and damage the coating. Opt for wooden, silicone, or plastic utensils instead to protect the non-stick surface.

3. How do I remove water spots from my stainless steel cookware?

To remove water spots, mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spray the affected area and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping with a soft cloth. For tougher spots, use a mixture of baking soda and water to form a paste and scrub gently. Rinse and dry thoroughly.

4. Can I put my cookware in the dishwasher?

Most Pampered Chef cookware is dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the care instructions for your specific product. If it is dishwasher safe, make sure to place it on the top rack and avoid using harsh detergents or high heat settings.

5. How do I remove stains from my porcelain enamel cookware?

To remove stains, mix equal parts baking soda and water to form a paste. Apply the paste to the stained area and let it sit for at least 30 minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge or brush. Rinse and dry thoroughly. For tougher stains, mix equal parts water and bleach and use a soft cloth to gently scrub the affected area. Rinse and dry thoroughly before using again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenm42
  • Sk8Mom209
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tash
  • Inomiamenda