• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Sandwich Maker Show: Any Ideas?

In summary, there were some questions about the best way to use the ice cream sandwich maker at shows. Some people struggled with the instructions and found the pictures on the Consultant's Corner website helpful. It was suggested to have people make their own sandwiches as they arrive to avoid taking up show time. The issue of whether to provide cookies and ice cream or have guests bring their own was also discussed. Some tips for using the ice cream sandwich maker included using softer cookies or pre-making the sandwiches before the show. Overall, it was agreed that the ice cream sandwich maker can be a fun addition to a show, but may be better suited for smaller crowds.
quikcook
I just received the ice cream sandwich maker and I, of course, want to use it at my next shows. My question is have you been having everyone make one at the begining of the show and then still preparing the recipe? Is it better to have most made ahead of time and demo just one? Or has anyone tried haveing people make them as they arrive and are waiting for others? My show is about 45 min and I don't want to extend it a lot and then still have to wait for the recipe to get out of the oven. Please help...

Thanks,

I haven't done one at a show yet so I'm not sure the best way to do it. I just know that some people (my cluster included) could NOT figure out how to do one according to the directions on the Use and Care card. On Consultant's Corner, they just posted instructions on how to properly use the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker. With pictures! It really helps. I was pretty sure how to use it, but the pictures helped me confirm it.

So be sure to check that pdf out and maybe print it up. I'm also going to give it to people who purchase one of them, just in case!

I am so glad PC put directions w/ pictures on the web site! I read the directions several times today and finally handed to my husband for him to figure out. Of course he did!

The more I think about it, I may try having people put one together as they arrive, so that it doesn't take any "show" time.

Should I bring the cookies & ice cream? Some hostess feel they have a lot to buy as it is. Any thoughts...?

Thanks,

Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a little dumbfounded by those instructions on the Ice cream sandwhich maker. LOL I have an idea about what you are suppossed to do but wasn't quite sure. Thanks for the tip about the instructions on the website. I'll have to take a look at it. I thought of using it at one of my shows in July. I thought about doing a quick demo and then having everyone make their own ice cream sandwiches. I would have the cookies all ready and all beforehand. I haven't done it yet so I don't know how long it would take customers to make their own. If anyone has done this at their shows can you let us know how long it took for everyone to make their own? Thanks!

distressed over directionsHAHAHA!! :D How funny...I too was alittle confused on the directions for the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker! Glad to know I wasn't the only one!! The directions PC has on Consultants Corner REALLY helped out! I think the ice cream sandwiches might also be a fun thing to make for a kids show too...just a thought.

Ice cream sandwich makerGood morning! Our cluster had a demonstration for the ice cream sandwich maker and we used the archway cookies. They were a little small for the ice cream sandwich maker but they worked. Keep your ice cream a bit on the firmer side. Ours melted all over~we thought a softer ice cream would work better..but nope! So after watching the demonstration I won't be doing them at bigger shows. I think they would be great if you have a smaller crowd and let the guest make their own. They can use the ice cream dipper, the sandwich maker and don't forget to use your simple additions plates, long hospitality set platters and let them roll in different sprinkles, bits of toffee, chocolate....the possiblities are endless! Also, sounds great for a hot day but our ice cream was melting faster than we can scoop...so another item that may be good is to use the chillzanne cooler to keep the ice cream colder (ice cream has to be the 1/2 gallon rounds to fit in the cooler) the chillzanne rectangle server to keep the ice cream on while they are scooping it out. so after our messy meeting the treats were worth it :) Takes some practice and I know that your families won't mind. Have a great one!

Here's my tip for the ice cream sandwich maker at a show:
EITHER:
Make the sandwiches before hand and have them waiting in the freezer
OR:
Make/purchase a softer cookie

Reasoning:
With a hard cookie, any ice cream will start to melt, and the second you bite into it, it'll squish out the sides and you'll have an ice cream cookie patty... Softer cookies will make the bite easier, or freezing the whole cookie would make the entire thing a little more firm.
We had these at a cluster meeting, as well, and I don't know that instructions were looked at at all...we just kind of dove in there and tried it. Glad we didn't try to make sure we were doing it correctly...might have gotten too confused then!

It sounds like the general consensus is to not have the guests make them at the show. I think maybe I will just demo how to do one ice cream sandwhich and then have some premade in the freezer for everyone to try. Thanks!

Thanks for the ideaMichelle,

If you wanted to have them a the show (and demo the maker). Then I think that that should be your show. Do a brief intro and quickly show some of the new or higher priced fabulous products then let them dive in. Your part should only be about 15-20 minutes then the guest can spend the next 25 min or so making their own sandwiches. Do you have extra sandwich makers? If you had at least 2 then it would help crowd control.

Work in shifts. Have 2 or 3 wash hands then move to the sandwich making station. After they've made theirs put it in the freezer or have them dive in (your choice). While those few are making their sandwiches play a few games, take questions, or check out those who have already made sandwiches, but be handy to answer "how do I" questions.

Sounds like a good party idea. Especially with older kids (my oldest kids are 6 and 7 years old). Sounds good for that age group.

I have used the ice cream maker at a show and had the GUESTS MAKE THEIR OWN. I think it is easy and quick enough to use that it is PERFECT for having guests do a hands on activity.

I have done it 2 ways....before the show and at the end. Both worked well. When they did it at the beginning of the show, they ate it right away. Same when they made it at the end.

I had toppings for them to roll the sides onto.

I thought it was a great ice breaker and worked well for guests to make rather than me just demo. Almost everyone bought one.

I did use the Archway cookies instead of making my own. They are the right thickness and size. I would like to try brownies next time. Think they would be easy and thick enough.

I used brownies for the ice cream maker and they were great with coffee ice cream! I made them on the stoneware bar pan and I think they were a little thick so I think I'll do them on the large round stone (with parchment under it of course ;) ) so they are a little thinner. We also did sugar cookies. The kind that you pull apart and then bake. We rolled them a little to make them bigger and they worked great. Next I'll try rice crispie "rounds".

People are loving these!

Bakery CookiesI have used the Bakery cookies at Walmart and they fit perfectly and they are soft enough to where the ice cream doesnt squish too bad. PLus they have so many different flavors that theres a one for everyone. The only Archway big batch ones i have saw are oatmeal, oatmeal raisin and frosted lemon. So nothing really exciting there. Whereas WalMart has white choc macadamia nut, choc chip, peanut butter, snickerdoodle, oatmael, oatmeal raisin and even peanut brittle. I havent tried it at a show yet ( though we have eaten them lots at home cause the kids love em) but plan to on my next one, if I can ever get a hold of my hostess. She works alot so I am having a hard time getting her and her show is the 25th so I dont even know if she has sent out her invites yet.

Debbie

Beth Brigham said:
I used brownies for the ice cream maker and they were great with coffee ice cream! I made them on the stoneware bar pan and I think they were a little thick so I think I'll do them on the large round stone (with parchment under it of course ;) ) so they are a little thinner. We also did sugar cookies. The kind that you pull apart and then bake. We rolled them a little to make them bigger and they worked great. Next I'll try rice crispie "rounds".

People are loving these!

Someone in my cluster meeting mentioned that she does her brownies in the stone bar pan and then cuts them in half.

We did make the sandwiches at my show this week. I had people make them after I was finished with the prep and while we were waiting for the last few to arrive. It worked very well. Everyone but one wanted to try it and it went very fast. We started the show only about 10 minutes later than normal. Put them in the freezer until after the demo.

1. How does the ice cream sandwich maker work?

The ice cream sandwich maker from Pampered Chef is a two-part mold that allows you to easily create delicious ice cream sandwiches. Simply place your cookie dough or brownie batter in the bottom mold, add your favorite ice cream on top, and then top it off with another layer of cookie dough or brownie batter. Press down on the top mold to create a perfect, uniform sandwich and then freeze for a few hours before enjoying!

2. Can I use store-bought cookies and ice cream with the sandwich maker?

Absolutely! Our ice cream sandwich maker is versatile and can be used with any type of cookie or ice cream. You can even get creative and use other treats like waffles, donuts, or cinnamon rolls for a unique twist on the classic sandwich.

3. How many sandwiches can I make at once with the sandwich maker?

The ice cream sandwich maker from Pampered Chef can make up to six sandwiches at once, making it perfect for parties or gatherings. It's also great for meal prepping, as you can make a batch of sandwiches and store them in the freezer for later enjoyment.

4. Is the ice cream sandwich maker easy to clean?

Yes, the sandwich maker is very easy to clean. The non-stick surface ensures that your sandwiches won't stick, and any leftover crumbs can be easily wiped away with a damp cloth. The sandwich maker is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

5. Are there any recipes or ideas for fillings to use with the sandwich maker?

Yes, there are endless possibilities for fillings with the ice cream sandwich maker. You can use different flavors of ice cream, add toppings like sprinkles or crushed cookies, or even make mini pies or cheesecake sandwiches. Our website and social media pages have a variety of recipes and ideas for inspiration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• muffetts
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • CrazyCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
janel kelly
Replies