• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Time to Take My Business to the Next Level?

In summary, CarmenKara's employer terminated her on 8/7, but she is not letting it get her down and is more motivated. She is also looking into ways to restart her business, including calling her local Office Depot for a table to sell her products. She has also been talking to her new people and is hopeful about the future.
Kjurich
Well this was a less the great weekend I got a letter in the mail on Saturday that my employer terminated me on 8/7. I had spinal surgery (2 rods placed and 4 screws) in February and the doctor told me before I even had the surgery plan on being out at least 6 months because its a long recover. Well any way I am almost at my 6 months Igo back for my follow up on 8/23 and my STD is approved to 8/20 so I thought I would be okay well apprently NOT. No phone call no warning no anything :cry::cry: I am shocked to say the least. I have been with the Company for 13 years. They said my 12 weeks unprocted leave ended on 8/7 so they terminated me but I don't understand why they say your can be outfor 6 months and be ok when they don't count months they count weeks they should then say XX weeks. Ugh anyway I of course just tried to call but got voice mail :grumpy:. It say I can be reinstated within 1 month. So we will see but in the mean time I NEED TO KICK UP MY PC BUSINESS :) any ideas . . . .

That really stinks!

Even though you received this bad news you are not letting it get you down. In fact sounds like you are more motivated, Good For YOU!!!!

Carmen

Kara, I am in a similar situation. My husband went out on disability mid-December due to a broken hip (he fell down the stairs. This was his 3rd injury in a year!!!!) and was out til the first week of February. When he called his employer to let them know he got the okay to come back, they called him the next day to let them know he has been laid off. I believe they laid off a few people, due to the economy. He finally got called back to work last week, and just went in today for his re-orientation. The entire manufacturing department is on 30 hours and not 40, but hey, it's more than what he has been working! So, with him being unemployed for 5 months, and then being on disability 3 times in a year's time, we have really been struggling. Besides my business, I work part time at a grocery store. I really need to kick my business up so that we can survive, and catch up with bills, including rent.

I do know that what we need to do is PICK UP THE PHONE! JUST DO IT!!! Call EVERYONE!!!! I also have been told when you have a goal (whether it is that you are trying to earn a trip, or that you need to fill your calendar because this IS your only source of income), to share it with your customers as they will be willing to help you out.

I am so sorry that you both have had a difficult year. I do want to be encouraging and give you some ideas. Go to a local gym and ask if you can set up a bowl and leave some slip for people to enter to win a free cooking show. Take a catalog to church or social groups and tell people you are restarting your business and that you need them to host a show. Maybe see if you can get a community center to allow you to do a healthy food demonstration and you can advertise the free cooking show. One last idea I have it to call your local Office Depot. They are hosting Teacher appreciation day this month. It is a free table for vendors for 2 hrs and you can try to get booking leads that way. I hope these ideas help. Best wishes.

Thank you, mzpatient, for the Office Depot tip!!!! I told one of my new people about it. She doesn't have contacts in our area and has been struggling. She got about 40 contacts today, several who are interested in hosting and even a couple interested in the biz. While talking to her about the event and helping her with tips on set-up, etc., I decided I should contact a different OD. Whoever I talked with at one OD said they didn't have anyone from PC, but when I showed up another consultant was pulling in who has done it for the past couple of years. The manager was nice enough to call another OD to see if they had anyone, which they didn't. The asst. manager even printed out directions for me since my GPS is broken. The OD I ended up at had a DJ, Dunkin' Donuts, Chik-fil-a and several vendors. I got a booking right off the bat and $100 in sales (offered tax-free and free shipping since I'm hosting my own show next week). A huge shout-out for great staff and managers at all 3 ODs that we dealt with. My teammate said that the manager where she was was sending people straight to her table. Not bad for a free event!

Becca wow! I had a good day at OD but dang that was a really great day. Kudos to you and your team member.

What is "Time to Kick It up a Notch"?

"Time to Kick It up a Notch" is a collection of recipes and cooking techniques designed to help you take your cooking skills to the next level. It features delicious and creative recipes, as well as tips and tricks for elevating your meals.

Who is the target audience for "Time to Kick It up a Notch"?

The target audience for "Time to Kick It up a Notch" is anyone who loves to cook and wants to improve their skills in the kitchen. Whether you're a beginner looking to expand your repertoire or an experienced cook wanting to take your dishes to the next level, this collection has something for everyone.

What types of recipes are included in "Time to Kick It up a Notch"?

"Time to Kick It up a Notch" includes a variety of recipes, including appetizers, main dishes, sides, and desserts. You'll find everything from simple weeknight meals to more elaborate dishes for special occasions.

Are the recipes in "Time to Kick It up a Notch" difficult to make?

The recipes in "Time to Kick It up a Notch" range in difficulty, but most can be made by anyone with basic cooking skills. The collection also includes tips and techniques to help you successfully execute more challenging recipes.

Can I purchase "Time to Kick It up a Notch" in physical form?

At this time, "Time to Kick It up a Notch" is only available as a digital download. However, you can print out the recipes and techniques to create your own physical copy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Josh Hunholz
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Barbara Larsen