• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maternity Leave and Staying Active: Guidelines in the UK

In summary, you are entitled to up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave for maternity under FMLA. It is recommended to give at least 30 days notice before your due date. Paid maternity leave is available for birth mothers who have worked at least 1,250 hours in the past 12 months. Sick or vacation days can be used for maternity leave, but will count as part of the 12 weeks. Additional leave may be available under ADA for medical reasons related to pregnancy or childbirth.
Muppetgal
Silver Member
In the UK you have to submit a show every two months to stay active. What will this mean when I want a few months off for a new baby?

oh, and I'm pregnant again!

(EDD Dec 20)

Congrats on the new baby...I have Dec 13th kids, rough with the holidays but still very fun!

Here in the states we can submit a sales waiver, not sure how long it's for but it should get you through until you can start up again. I started my business when my twins were 6 weeks old, I found that I needed that away time at the shows.

I know you posted ....a long time ago...but better late than never! I have not been logging in everyday...trying to spend more time on money-generating activities! And no matter how much I love this site...I can't justify it as money-generating!:D

I went through maternity last year when my son was born on April 19th. The best thing that I ever did was decided when I wanted to return to PC and schedule shows for then. I took 8 weeks off.:p

I begged, pleaded and borrowed for my friends and family to do catalog shows for me while I was on maternity leave.;) ..guess what it worked! I never took a leave of absence...ended up with $3000+ for April...$1000+ for May and $2000+ for June!

So decide what you want now and go get it!

Good luck with your baby!

1. Can I take time off for maternity leave?

Yes, you are entitled to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) for the birth or adoption of a child. This leave is job-protected, meaning you have the right to return to your position or an equivalent one after your leave.

2. How much notice do I need to give for my maternity leave?

We recommend giving at least 30 days notice before your expected due date. This allows us to make necessary arrangements and ensure your workload is covered while you are away.

3. Am I eligible for paid maternity leave?

Pampered Chef offers paid parental leave for birth mothers only. You are eligible for 6 weeks of paid leave if you have been employed with the company for at least 12 months prior to your leave and have worked at least 1,250 hours during that time.

4. Can I use my sick or vacation days for maternity leave?

Yes, you may use any accrued sick or vacation days for your maternity leave. These days will be counted as part of your 12 weeks of FMLA leave and will not extend your leave beyond that time.

5. What if I need more than 12 weeks for my maternity leave?

If you need more time off for medical reasons related to pregnancy or childbirth, you may be eligible for additional leave under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). You will need to provide medical documentation for this additional leave and it may be subject to approval by the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
Replies
Views
cincychef
Replies
Views