• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Time Management for Busy Stay-at-Home Moms

In summary, Belinda Ellsworth recommends having a "Power Hour" each day in which you focus on completing a certain task. Sandra Kearns recommends breaking the hour up throughout the day and making a to do list with no more than 5-8 items.
amycorrine00
Is there really such a thing?? I am starting to wonder. It seems like some days I have so much time but so little to get done then other days there aren't enough hours to attempt to finish my list. I am a stay at home mom to a 16 month old boy so he keeps me pretty busy. I was just wondering if anyone out there has been or is currently in the boat with me. Does anyone have any tips for how I can manage it all? I think I am doing pretty good for the most part! LOL

Hope this helpsI am in the same boat. I try to manage everything, but sometimes I fall behind. When I started the business my husband traveled for work Monday thru Thursday, I just had our 3rd child, and I was going to school full-time. Somehow I managed it all.

This past year my husband stopped traveling, I graduated college, and we moved to a new city. I am coming apart at the seams. I was much more organized when my husband traveled. I am not sure why. I guess because I knew there was no one else there to pick up the slack.

What helps me is writing out a "Things to do list" right before going to bed. I keep my calendar on my desk. I have a tickler file 5x8 sorted by month and day. I can tuck notices in there for my kid's school or Nancy's Artwork post cards that I need to mail out. Also, give yourself time to veg! I had a hard time allowing myself that time. I felt like I had to be doing something PC related in my downtime i.e. making host packets, guest packets, recruiting packets, whatever. Don't do that, yes it needs to get done, but you need to veg out and relax more. Especially with a little one running around all day.

I hope some of this helps you. Feel free to contact me personally if you want to.

Sandra Kearns
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/sandrak

If you have never heard Belinda Ellsworth's tapes, you have to get them. She is such an awesome motivational speaker. Anyway, on her tape she talks about the POWER HOUR. Each day you should have a Power Hour....break the hour into quarters. Set your timer and during each 15 minute section, focus on doing that work.

Example: First 15 minutes - Host Coaching
Second 15 minutes - Customer Care
Third 15 minutes - Follow up from Customer Care (send out recipes,
mail catalogs, etc.) IMPORTANT to follow through on what you
promised
OR if you don't have follow up, Big MAC Calls - Morning After Calls
Final 15 minutes - Recruiting Calls/Booking Calls

If you can't do one hour at a time, break your 15 minutes up throughout the day. Set your timer and stay focused during your working time. It's amazing how much you can get done.

Another tip I learned somewhere is if you make a to do list, make it with no more than 5-8 things. If you make it too big, you will never finish. If you finish everything on your list.....CELEBRATE and RELAX! Don't add more to it.

1. How can I effectively balance household tasks and taking care of my children?

One helpful tip is to create a daily schedule or routine for yourself and your family. This can include designated times for household chores, meal preparation, and quality time with your children. It may also be helpful to delegate tasks to your children and spouse to lighten your workload.

2. How can I make time for self-care while juggling my responsibilities as a stay-at-home mom?

Prioritizing self-care is essential for maintaining your physical and mental well-being. Consider waking up earlier or staying up later to have some time to yourself. You can also involve your children in self-care activities, such as taking a walk together or having a spa day at home.

3. What are some time-saving tips for cooking and meal planning?

Meal planning can be a lifesaver for busy stay-at-home moms. Set aside time each week to plan out your meals and make a grocery list. You can also prep meals in advance, use a slow cooker or Instant Pot, and involve your children in the cooking process.

4. How can I avoid getting overwhelmed with my to-do list?

One helpful strategy is to prioritize your tasks and focus on completing the most important ones first. It's also important to be realistic with your to-do list and not put too much pressure on yourself. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your family or friends when needed.

5. How can I stay organized and on top of appointments and events?

Utilizing a planner or calendar can be extremely helpful in keeping track of appointments and events. You can also set reminders on your phone or use a family calendar that everyone in the household can access. It's also important to communicate with your spouse and children about upcoming events to ensure everyone is on the same page.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
ms_twana
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views