• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Thumbprint Cookies: Tips and Tricks for Perfecting Your Recipe

In summary, Thumbprint Cookies are small cookies with an indentation in the center that is filled with jam, chocolate, or other toppings. The basic ingredients include flour, sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla extract, and variations can include different types of jam or preserves, chocolate or nuts, and added spices. To make them, you simply make a basic cookie dough, roll it into balls, make an indentation, and add your desired topping before baking for 10-12 minutes. They can also be made ahead of time and stored or frozen for later use.
keynibear
Has anyone made the Thumbprint cookies that was on the website?

You know the one where the dough was mixed in the manual food processor, and you can mix & match with numerous fillings and toppings?

I tried making these yesterday and it was total disater! The cookies did not turn out at all. First the douh was very crumbly so it was hard to use the scoop to get dough on the sheet. After baking them, some of them spread out quite thin, and very, very flat. A couple of them retained their ball like shape and was actually thick enough to use as directed. But only two of the 18 turned out which is a horrible ratio.

What are somew tips or suggestions for next time( if I attempt to try again LOL).

Thanks

Did you use real butter? I have found that works much better. A lot of "margarine" is really vegetable oil in a block, and it causes lots of baking disasters.

Yes, I used real butter. I meant to put that in the orginal post, because I knew someonewould ask that, but I forgot.

I only use real butter and real sugar (not splenda or some other sugar subsitute).

I really wanted to try the hazelut pecan, and make the chocolate cherry ones.

What are Thumbprint Cookies?

Thumbprint cookies are bite-sized cookies that are made by pressing your thumb into the center of the dough, creating a small indentation that is then filled with jam, chocolate, or other toppings.

What ingredients are needed to make Thumbprint Cookies?

The basic ingredients for Thumbprint Cookies include flour, sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Additional ingredients such as jam, chocolate, or nuts can be added for flavor.

How do I make Thumbprint Cookies?

To make Thumbprint Cookies, start by making a basic cookie dough using flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Roll the dough into small balls, then use your thumb to make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Fill the indentation with your desired topping and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.

What are some variations of Thumbprint Cookies?

There are many variations of Thumbprint Cookies, including using different types of jam or preserves, filling the indentation with chocolate or nuts, or adding spices such as cinnamon or ginger to the cookie dough.

Can Thumbprint Cookies be made ahead of time?

Yes, Thumbprint Cookies can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for up to a week. You can also freeze the cookie dough for up to a month and bake them when needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • Dotty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies