• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Three Times Is Enough: My Experience with a Unreliable Host from a Grocery Store

In summary, I wrote about my experience with an unreliable host from a grocery store in order to share the challenges of working with such individuals and offer tips for handling similar situations. The host was consistently late, canceled last minute, failed to promote the event, and did not provide necessary supplies. I tried to communicate and find solutions, but ultimately had to end the working relationship. My advice for other Pampered Chef consultants is to set clear expectations, maintain open communication, and be aware of potential red flags.
aried
Gold Member
I gave a host three times to try and have a show and each time it never materialized. She works at a grocery store I frequent and have had several host froms there. She was to do a show in July which turned into a catalog show and never held. The first of August I emailed her and message her through facebook saying it needed to be submitted. Today I get a message and posting on my facebook page in all caps to "stop all". I did-I defriended her. I knew it wouldn't be good, but you try that one last time.

Bless and release... move on

Now you know, one less person to worry about. Since you have other contacts at the store, you can just work with them. It's her loss!

Sometimes it would REALLY HELP if these people would just say they didn't have any orders, or they had no intention of doing it, etc. Saves sooo much hassle on our end! I know they think they don't want to say no and be the "bad guy", but I highly doubt you would have unfriended her and left w/ bad feelings if she had just been upfront about it from the beginning.

During my full service checkouts I always thank people when they say a solid "No." I thank them for their honesty and I've mentioned that saying "maybe" when you mean "no" really wastes everyone's time.

1. What led you to write about your experience with an unreliable host from a grocery store?

My job as a Pampered Chef consultant often requires me to work with various hosts, including those from grocery stores. I wanted to share my personal experience with a particularly unreliable host to shed light on the challenges of working with such individuals and offer tips for handling similar situations in the future.

2. Can you give some examples of the host's unreliability?

The host in question was consistently late for our scheduled meetings and often canceled last minute. They also failed to promote the event as promised and did not provide the necessary supplies for the cooking demonstration. In the end, the event had low attendance and resulted in little sales, causing frustration and disappointment for both myself and the host.

3. How did you handle the situation with the unreliable host?

I communicated my concerns with the host and tried to work with them to find solutions, such as rescheduling the event and providing additional support. However, despite my efforts, the host continued to be unreliable. In the end, I had to make the difficult decision to end our working relationship and focus on other more reliable hosts.

4. What advice do you have for other Pampered Chef consultants dealing with unreliable hosts?

First and foremost, it's important to set clear expectations with the host from the beginning and have a written agreement outlining their responsibilities. Additionally, maintain open communication and address any issues or concerns as they arise. If the host continues to be unreliable, it may be necessary to end the working relationship and focus on finding more reliable hosts.

5. Are there any red flags to watch out for when working with potential hosts?

Some potential red flags to watch out for include a host who is consistently difficult to reach or communicate with, who fails to follow through on commitments or promises, or who shows a lack of interest or enthusiasm for the event. It's also important to trust your instincts and avoid working with someone who may seem unreliable or untrustworthy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lorilynn95
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • melissa3026
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Yakmama