• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried the New CC Newsletter Yet?

in your email. I didn't like that.I miss Tasty Tidbits and really wish there was a way to decline the newsletter and the price hike because now I see the value of her service!You can decline the newsletter, but not the price increase. But if you think about it, the price increase would have eventually happened anyway, inflation is unavoidable...
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
So CC is finally letting me see the October newsletter and it is ... OK. Heavy on the recipes and tips. Light on the information about specials. And no place to recognize a special host, call attention to upcoming specials or let people know that you're running a special or a sale.

I'm thinking of using it for a few months because it's free, but don't know when I'm going to find time to import all my e-mail addresses into that system.

I miss Tasty Tidbits and really wish there was a way to decline the newsletter and the price hike because now I see the value of her service!

You can decline the newsletter, but not the price increase. But if you think about it, the price increase would have eventually happened anyway, inflation is unavoidable...

I didn't mind the majority of the letter. I was annoyed that none of the line breaks I entered in my personalized greeting came through. It didn't have my name in the signature as it had appeared to be in the preview. I'm not happy that I still can't see the reporting.

I like that there is a link to view it on my PWS if someone is having trouble viewing the email version.

I still like TT better, and will probably stick with that, along with MailChimp.

You can change your welcome message every month. It only gives you 650 characters so it needs to be brief, but it could be done. What about taking pictures of your hosts/show and let them know that they will be on your wall of fame if they are that month's top show. You should be able to upload that tothe same area of the newsletter. I'd start my message with Congratulations to________. She had last month's Top Show!! Use HTML format (google how) you can bold, color change size to highlight host, specials or anything else you want.

The HO email generated me a cooking show and 2 catalog shows from past hosts/guests. I also got a lead from someone I don't know. I went to find it on the website again and the lead is gone. I know they have issues and will fix it.

I'll keep this going!

I like the way that the newsletter looks, and I like the articles. I do wish the personalization section were bigger though.But, you know what I wish more than anything else? THAT MINE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN SENT OUT.

leftymac said:
But, you know what I wish more than anything else? THAT MINE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN SENT OUT.

I have to agree! As far as I can tell, mine never went out, and there has been no communiication from HO regarding the failed newsletter. I'm so disappointed :( Unfortunately I've been swamped with things other than PC this week and haven't had a chance to call HO.

leftymac said:
I like the way that the newsletter looks, and I like the articles. I do wish the personalization section were bigger though.

But, you know what I wish more than anything else? THAT MINE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN SENT OUT.

Ditto. I have my contact information so I know when I send messages, and i never was sent.

I'm wondering if after there were so many problems they stopped sending them. The email they sent out said that the reports weren't going to be available for a while due to all the problems. I thought the email they sent to us was out of sincere concern for what went wrong and wanting to make it right for us.

It was the first one so and things happen, sometimes no matter how much testing you do things still go wrong. Sometimes I read magazines, articles, books, etc. and wonder how typos get by, but they do - and problems will creep up. At least they are working on them!

I don't see a link. But then I didn't get a copy either.

I don't see a link on my website. But then I didn't get a copy either.

I like having the summary of my newsletter, who has viewed what pages were opened and such. I have not decided what I am going to do yet.

Mine didn't go out either. I had it set up only to go to my email addresses (4 of them) and it didn't arrive anywhere. I keep looking and it appears I have it set up correctly, just no delivery. :(

I still cannot see any reports on it. It says that they will be available at a later date. But from reading posts, it seems as though some have been able to see reports???

What I didn't like about it was I thought you had to opt-in and import your contacts to do it. NO... they use the ones that are already loaded on CC and sent it basically without permission to me. I didn't get an email or anything that it was being sent. So here are my customer (not even completely updated) getting some weird newsletter with nothing personal from me on it! REALLY TICKED, still need to email HO.

I know mine went out, cause I got my newsletter and I also got a message saying some addresses were not able to be delivered to. I do have all my contacts in and I have had some of my contacts reply to my newsletter, but not sales from it.

I am glad to see I am not the only one who didn't get any email from PC that our newsletter is "broken." I talked with tech support tonight and I guess they sent one to every consultant in the co from Jean Jonas. I didn't get it and it isn't in my spam...though the tech guy pretty much blamed me for not getting it! Anyways, he forwarded me a copy of it and here is the text...I THINK it was sent out on Friday.

"As you know, Aug. 23 marked the delivery of the first issue of our customer eNewsletter.
Unfortunately, some of you have experienced problems with delivery to your customers, such as receiving "bounce back" notifications from the eNewsletter vendor. We are so very sorry for this!
In addition, because of these delivery issues, we will not be able to provide the eNewsletter reports for this month until a later date.
You and your customers deserve the highest level of service, and that has not occurred. We want to assure you that this will be solved promptly. We are working closely with our vendor to ensure that they identify the underlying issues and find a satisfactory solution.
We’ll provide an update as soon as possible. We regret this situation, and thank you for your patience.
If you have questions, please contact the Technical Support team at 1-888-OUR-CHEF (687-2433).
Sincerely,
Jean Jonas
Senior Vice President, Sales
The Pampered Chef"

Tech support said they don't know what the problem is, when it will be fixes or what the fix will be. They can't tell who it went to of our customers, if any, and don't know (right now) if it will still go out. And as for next months leaving something as simple as the pumpkin dish sale, he suggested we email ho with our suggestions.

I SO wish they had done some kind of test on this before just launching into it! I tried to opt out till they get it fixed but if I do that I have to start from scratch on importing my customers and personalizing it with my picture, etc. Anyways, there is what I found out tonight!

Colleen Boehm
Consultant, Sussex, WI

ChefColleen said:
I am glad to see I am not the only one who didn't get any email from PC that our newsletter is "broken." I talked with tech support tonight and I guess they sent one to every consultant in the co from Jean Jonas. I didn't get it and it isn't in my spam...though the tech guy pretty much blamed me for not getting it! Anyways, he forwarded me a copy of it and here is the text...I THINK it was sent out on Friday.

"As you know, Aug. 23 marked the delivery of the first issue of our customer eNewsletter.
Unfortunately, some of you have experienced problems with delivery to your customers, such as receiving "bounce back" notifications from the eNewsletter vendor. We are so very sorry for this!
In addition, because of these delivery issues, we will not be able to provide the eNewsletter reports for this month until a later date.
You and your customers deserve the highest level of service, and that has not occurred. We want to assure you that this will be solved promptly. We are working closely with our vendor to ensure that they identify the underlying issues and find a satisfactory solution.
We’ll provide an update as soon as possible. We regret this situation, and thank you for your patience.
If you have questions, please contact the Technical Support team at 1-888-OUR-CHEF (687-2433).
Sincerely,
Jean Jonas
Senior Vice President, Sales
The Pampered Chef"

Tech support said they don't know what the problem is, when it will be fixes or what the fix will be. They can't tell who it went to of our customers, if any, and don't know (right now) if it will still go out. And as for next months leaving something as simple as the pumpkin dish sale, he suggested we email ho with our suggestions.

I SO wish they had done some kind of test on this before just launching into it! I tried to opt out till they get it fixed but if I do that I have to start from scratch on importing my customers and personalizing it with my picture, etc. Anyways, there is what I found out tonight!

Colleen Boehm
Consultant, Sussex, WI

Thanks for posting this. I did not get the letter either.

Good Morning! I did receive the letter. I'm STILL nervous about the September one going out, but I'm still hanging in there! I had 160+ of my over 500 bounce back AND they had the right address on them! (yes, I checked them ALL).

You might want to double check your mailing address if you didn't get the letter?????

I got the letter, but not my newsletter. I had it set to only send it to me. I went to check the report thing, but it says it isn't available until some time in the future. :rolleyes:

I got nothing!!:grumpy:

This is why I am not switching from Mike Mendyke right now....plus when I called tech support and asked them if there was any way to track who opened, bounces and such they said "no"...and you can't edit it....so when I asked them about editing it, if there was going to be the availability to do that down the road, I was told, "um, no, it is what it is...." The reason they are having bounces is because they, unlike I contact and the others, are not "white listed" with the major email servers. I asked them that a couple of weeks ago and was told "yeah we are working on that". White listing is a procedure by which they are basically "approved" by the major email servers to send bulk emails. If they are white listed the servers allow them. If they are not white listed, they deny them a lot. So......why they didn't get all this together ahead of time before they offered this service is beyond me.

At this point I'm sticking with Mike and I-Contact. This is not the time of year with this business to mess with all this extra consernation.

Nanisu said:
I was told, "um, no, it is what it is...." The reason they are having bounces is because they, unlike I contact and the others, are not "white listed" with the major email servers. I asked them that a couple of weeks ago and was told "yeah we are working on that". White listing is a procedure by which they are basically "approved" by the major email servers to send bulk emails.

Are you serious? What kind of planning is that? No bothered to check on any legal/compliance?

Personally, I really like Tasty Tidbits. I am willing to pay for it. Does anyone know if Tasty Tidbits is going away?

No, TT is not going away. Actually, Joy is working on offering even more options. I really don't mind paying for TT either, I was just hoping to be able to avoid paying for the email service. I know that I can't import TT into my PWS and use that to send it out, but the email sending service is what the bigger cost is.

Just an observation that I didn't realize would be present....If you "opt-in" for the PC Newsletter, even if you are just trying to test it out for yourself (as I was), when you go to your PWS and are in the "products" pages...there is a "SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER" Link along the top. Clicking on it allows the user to sign up for your PC-version newsletter. :eek:I opted-OUT of the newsletter, and it disappeared. I don't see myself using it any time soon based on how they've designed it. (Just wish the PWS prices weren't going up even though I'm NOT using their crappy newsletter service).

Does anyone know when the next newsletter from CC is being sent out?

Polliewiggle said:
Does anyone know when the next newsletter from CC is being sent out?
I don't know if you saw this email from PC, but this might answer your questions:
"Newsletter Announcement -September"Basically- no newsletter for October for sure.

Last month I sent out the new PChef newsletter AND TT, and asked for their opinion, which did they like best or did they want both. ALL said not both and ALL voted for TT, so I already cancelled my website one.

Sandi

There is a newsletter option in the customer connection. When you go in and click on your contacts and then: send an email to selected contacts, the first option is a newsletter. It looks the same as the one they were going to send out but you have the control of who it goes to. If they can't get the automated one working, I kind of like this option. All the other things you can send there are so specific to one topic, this is better.

Careyann said:
There is a newsletter option in the customer connection. When you go in and click on your contacts and then: send an email to selected contacts, the first option is a newsletter. It looks the same as the one they were going to send out but you have the control of who it goes to. If they can't get the automated one working, I kind of like this option. All the other things you can send there are so specific to one topic, this is better.

I sent this one out today and already received a response. I thought it looked pretty nice.

1. What is the purpose of the "Thoughts on the Ho Newsletter"?

The "Thoughts on the Ho Newsletter" is a monthly publication created by Pampered Chef to provide helpful tips, recipes, and inspiration for our consultants and customers. It also includes updates on new products and promotions.

2. How often is the "Thoughts on the Ho Newsletter" released?

The "Thoughts on the Ho Newsletter" is released on a monthly basis, typically at the beginning of each month.

3. Can anyone subscribe to the "Thoughts on the Ho Newsletter"?

Yes, anyone can subscribe to the "Thoughts on the Ho Newsletter" by visiting our website and entering their email address in the designated sign-up form. You do not need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to receive the newsletter.

4. Are there any costs associated with subscribing to the "Thoughts on the Ho Newsletter"?

No, the "Thoughts on the Ho Newsletter" is completely free for anyone to subscribe to.

5. How can I contribute to the "Thoughts on the Ho Newsletter"?

If you have a great recipe, tip, or success story that you would like to share with our community, you can submit it for consideration by emailing it to our newsletter team at [email address]. We love featuring contributions from our consultants and customers!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefann