• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Sizzle: A Fresh Perspective on Leadership and Timing for Fall Show Season

In summary, Nancy is going to Leadership conference but is not happy about the timing. She likes the name and remarketing of Leadership, but dislikes the fact that it is not the right time of year for her. She agrees with Beth that the new web sucks and is tired of the company taking away things.
DebPC
Staff member
I like the name and remarketing of Leadership. Timing is not great for me- as I am in full blown fall show mode by then. I would have preferred it at a different time of year personally.

I agree completely, wrong time of the year and I like the name. I will be going though, not going to miss getting the recognition for 2 catgories and my bracelete and PC$

I won't be going either. I had already been planning on a trip out to visit my sister in Washington state with my mom in September and that happens to be the one weekend that works. Plus, I have a feeling I'm phasing out a bit and don't feel like investing the money when I don't know how much longer I'll be sticking with it.

I will be going only because I want to make sure i get the PC$$ for earning excellence. I am happy for the bracelet, even though I am not much of a bracelet person, but I really want the PC$ and we don't get them if we dont attend, right?

I am going but I am not happy with conference going away. I loved watching consultants of all levels. I know we have that with the launches but it isn't the same... I finally have a team that sees the value in this kind of training and now they can't go. Some are recruiting but they either don't have enough people or enough sales. Here's hoping for an amazing summer for them and then hopefully some will join me.

Nancy the PC $ is a big reason I am going too. I liked the cash better because I could use that to pay for part of the trip

Ok...the theme...sizzle. I am thinking new cookware? I only know that there is a new type of coating like advertised on tv and that the more I think about it...the more I guess I don't know. So I googled it and here is cook's illustrated's take on 2 types of coating:
http://www.cooksillustrated.com/equipment/overview.asp?docid=20400

The logo looks like a frying pan. Maybe something oriental since they're also saying "hot like raspberry habenero sauce"? I know I've been asked a zillion times if you can use a stone on a Green Egg Grill.

"Nancy the PC $ is a big reason I am going too. I liked the cash better because I could use that to pay for part of the trip"

I personally think this whole part of the PC dollar award sucks. I think if I earn it, I earn it. I am soooo on the edge with this company, so trying to have a good attitude, and honest to God it's 1 step forward 2 steps back. Now they have upped the requirements for Excellence next year....the new web is a joke...I am SOOO trying to stay positive but geez.....Have to re-establish my WHY again I know. So tired of them taking stuff away....I am part of the Pacesetters calls and it gets me excited again, then we get more CR*P about the new web--it's actually going to create MORE work for me the way I see it--....and they up the requirements for excellence--I feel like they could just give the directors a break for a change, not "here--we'll give you something--here, we'll take 2 things away--here, we'll give you something--here, we'll make your job even harder but not compensate your for it. Excellence award?....I earned it and I'm not even too excited about it.

I do have a Pandora necklace and I love it, so maybe the bracelet will cheer me up once I get it.

nancy, hugs... I am feeling like you as well! Not a real encouraging time right now

pcjenni said:
nancy, hugs... I am feeling like you as well! Not a real encouraging time right now

I think that's why they timed this Pacesetters group for directors right now - to give us a positive focus while we deal with all this web stuff.

Beth: I think you are right. And I am enjoying the calls. I so hope that Holly is our new Sales Director the the Director level. She seems very positive, focused and in tune with what I need.
Ok, off to make my 3 calls today! Onward and upward!

It's so frustrating to see how much distress this new web stuff is causing-especially with lots of GREAT performers in this biz!. Especially because in the long run, this new stuff SEEMED like it would make our businesses and lives better. No such luck at this point. Let's hope that point finally comes. That is pretty lame that you can only get the PC$ from the Excellence Award if you go to Leadership. I've only earned it once, but I went to Conference every year since I"m in Chicago, so there was no question of passing that up.I don't know if it's because I've sort of already checked out and wasn't paying attention, or maybe the Pacesetters groups are by invite only, but I've never had an option of participating that I know of. The timing of it probably IS good and totally intentional on their part. I kind of wish I was participating because maybe that would give me the kick in the butt that I need. But at this point, it seems like the negatives with the company are outweighing the positives. Hang in there everyone!! My goal is to at least last through the end of the year so I can get through summer, see if things get better in the fall (for me personally in my business) and decide what I want to do.It does sound intriguing about the "Sizzle" theme and I thought the same thing - new cookware. I will have to take a look at that link to see what the "new" stuff is all about. Thanks for sharing, Ann!

Becky I for one hope you hang in there..I will miss you and your posts if you tank. I am not sure where the Pacesetters came from, I did get an invite. So far it's pretty ok. I am seriously weighing my options too....it just seems to me like the negatives are far ahead of the positives at this point too.

Here's a stupid ?, won't we already know what the new stuff is from fall launch?? I doubt they are telling us new spring products in Sept., when they wouldn't be out until March. Just my thought.

Re: the $500 PC bucks. Its a nice draw to get you to go, but I figure I'm going to spend that much in hotel/airfare to get there so it will be a wash or close to it.

flemings99 said:
Here's a stupid ?, won't we already know what the new stuff is from fall launch?? I doubt they are telling us new spring products in Sept., when they wouldn't be out until March. Just my thought.

Re: the $500 PC bucks. Its a nice draw to get you to go, but I figure I'm going to spend that much in hotel/airfare to get there so it will be a wash or close to it.

Exactly and exactly.

My read on it is that "sizzle" is just the theme and not product related.

I don't earn Excellence and I think it sucks that they don't just give you the PC$. Sure, 500 PC$ sounds great, but if you're spending more than that just to go to Leadership, then it's not so great.

I can't go in September as a teacher bad timing. Also can't spend that much money on a flight let alone hotel and the conference just to get the pc money. I have worked for it for the money so now it is one more thing on the list I won't need to work hard to earn because I do not need to add a charm to a bracelet I wanted the PC money to reduce the cost of running my business. I think it is too bad they are taking that away from those who can not attend the leadership.

I thought you always had to go to Conference to get the $$? Is this something new THIS year?

Always got the PC money just got extra cash if you went too.

1. What is "Thoughts on Sizzle"?

"Thoughts on Sizzle" is a collection of personal reflections, opinions, and musings on various topics and experiences.

2. Who writes "Thoughts on Sizzle"?

The author of "Thoughts on Sizzle" is a writer and blogger who shares their thoughts and perspectives on life through this platform.

3. Is "Thoughts on Sizzle" a blog or a book?

It can be considered both a blog and a book, as it is a digital collection of written pieces that can be accessed and read like a blog, but also has a cohesive theme and structure like a book.

4. What kind of topics are covered in "Thoughts on Sizzle"?

The topics covered in "Thoughts on Sizzle" range from personal experiences and reflections, to social and cultural commentary, to lifestyle and self-improvement tips.

5. Is "Thoughts on Sizzle" suitable for all ages?

While "Thoughts on Sizzle" does not contain explicit content, some pieces may touch on mature themes and use language that may not be suitable for younger audiences. Reader discretion is advised.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1995tucker
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JennyJennJen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • baychef