• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exciting New Products: Insights and Impressions from Conference Attendees

In summary, those of you who were at Conference got to have them introduced in a fun way and learned about what's going to be so great about them. Can you share some of what you heard and what you like and are excited about?
babywings76
Gold Member
Those of you who were at Conference got to have them introduced in a fun way and learned about what's going to be so great about them. Can you share some of what you heard and what you like and are excited about?

Also, quck question about the new can opener...what is it like? Did they have demos to watch where the PC kitchen/tech people show off the features and stuff?

I love the flexible cutting boards, and, while I'm very excited about the Spice-Turn-About (and the new Tote to carry it), I'm even more thrilled the 'holders' on it are clear, so you can see the labels on the bottles! It's a great design!The re-designed can opener does not open up like the current (and most) design. It's a solid handle, the cutting part automatically connects to the can lid (if you can get it in the right place - I, of course, had to be the one person in the world who had trouble with this!!), you turn to the right (whether your right- or left-handed, it has to be turned to the right), to open, and to the left to release, there are still 'jaws' which now have a level to control (remember, the handle no loner opens), and it has a level controlled thingey to open pop-tops.Simple as they seem, I'm also really excited about the new nylon tools (especially since they're black and not that hideous green), and the bamboo tongs. Did you hear about those? You can unhook them, and use them as salad tools, as well.

I wasn't at conference, but the Biscuit Cutters would be great for making mini staked cakes, like mini wedding cakes or make chocolate cake...cut it...put some strawberries and cream in the middle...mmmmmm lol

The one thing that struck me as odd is the Cooking Fork. :confused::confused::confused:

Maybe because I predominately use the Executive Cookware, I wondered when I would ever use this, and wondered why it didn't come out in a nylon material instead of metal. So now we have ONE metal cooking utensil. Just struck me as strange.

I was really happy with the rest of the new products - and am looking forward to using the new cookbooks!

I'm thrilled with the new pie plate, because I don't usually make deep dish pies, and so I'm happy to have a PC pie plate that's for a regular sized pie!

I also love the biscuit cutters - they showed using the large one as a cookie cutter, and the small one so you can do filled cookies with a cut-out. Oh, and the large one is the right size for cutting dough to fit the muffin pans, and one of the smaller ones (can't remember which size) is the right size for the mini muffin pan.

The tiny one looks to be the perfect size for the Raspberry Habanero Goat Cheese puffs, too! ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
The one thing that struck me as odd is the Cooking Fork. :confused::confused::confused:

Maybe because I predominately use the Executive Cookware, I wondered when I would ever use this, and wondered why it didn't come out in a nylon material instead of metal. So now we have ONE metal cooking utensil. Just struck me as strange.

I find the Kitchen Fork to be odd as well. I could imagine the lack of excitement at General Session as this one was revealed. It looks like an older product to me. Why doesn't the handle match the Chef's Tools?

I also have no idea what I'd use the Kitchen Fork for, either. I use my Tongs for most everything.

I'm most excited about the Bamboo Round Bowls. I didn't earn the Large one for free, so hopefully that will be open stock in the sample packages. I'm a little obsessed with bowls. I have 16 one-cup prep bowls, 6 two-cup prep bowls, 4 small bamboo snack bowls, the petite bamboo bowls, 3 medium square bamboo bowls, and the large square bamboo bowls. I need help. :)

I'm also excited about the Flexible Cutting Mats. These would be great to take to shows, as I usually take a few cutting boards (one for meat, one for veggies) and it'll help lighten the load. Every bit helps!

leftymac said:
I find the Kitchen Fork to be odd as well. I could imagine the lack of excitement at General Session as this one was revealed. It looks like an older product to me. Why doesn't the handle match the Chef's Tools?

I also have no idea what I'd use the Kitchen Fork for, either. I use my Tongs for most everything.

I'm most excited about the Bamboo Round Bowls. I didn't earn the Large one for free, so hopefully that will be open stock in the sample packages. I'm a little obsessed with bowls. I have 16 one-cup prep bowls, 6 two-cup prep bowls, 4 small bamboo snack bowls, the petite bamboo bowls, 3 medium square bamboo bowls, and the large square bamboo bowls. I need help. :)

We share the same obsession for bowls.:D:blushing: I have 20 one cup prep bowls, 6 two cup, 4 small bamboo snack bowls, 6 petite bamboo, 2 med. and 2 large square bamboo bowls, and now I also have 2 small round, 2 med round, and 1 large round. Cannot wait to get my hands on them!

Did anyone else at conference hear that you DO NOT use the food chopper on the flexible cutting boards? I did not hear it but a team member of mine did. You can use knives but not the chopper....a little confused on that one.

pkd09 said:
Did anyone else at conference hear that you DO NOT use the food chopper on the flexible cutting boards? I did not hear it but a team member of mine did. You can use knives but not the chopper....a little confused on that one.

Well, they do look very thin. I would imagine that the Food Chopper, and the force we experts use it with, would possibly either cut through the mat, or leave marks on the counter from the pressure through the mat. With a knife, you're really only needing to protect your surface from the sharp edge, not the force of you cutting.

leftymac said:

They mentioned using it to check for food "doneness" - like vegetables, and lifting meats from pan to platter. Personally, a regular fork works just fine for me ;) and then tongs for lifting meat. I would probably use it more like a "carving fork" for when I'm cutting meat and such. The handle matches the black handles on our peelers and other specialty cutting tools. Definitely a strange product to include.

I'm so excited about the 9x13 metal pan, my MIL has been asking me when they were going to come out with this! I also love the Spinach & Smoky Red Pepper Oil dipping seasoning - I remember getting those dip packets, that had 3 different ones in them and this was one of them. I missed it, it makes a great dip! The spice rack is definitely a great item and new cookbooks are always good!
Really I like it all and am so excited that I get it all too with the Sell-a-Thon!!! Can't wait to see those boxes at my door!

I'm excited about the spice turn about, but...will I have the counter space for it? Right now I just double stack the spices on a turn table thing in the cupboard. I like the idea of the new holder, but fear it won't be practical for me. Well, I guess I'll just have to rework how I set up my kitchen. I do LOVE it for consultant use and taking it to shows. Lots of people have turnaround racks, so it's not like this is an unheard of type of holder. I can't wait to be able to see it in person.

ChefBeckyD said:

I also love the biscuit cutters - they showed using the large one as a cookie cutter, and the small one so you can do filled cookies with a cut-out. Oh, and the large one is the right size for cutting dough to fit the muffin pans, and one of the smaller ones (can't remember which size) is the right size for the mini muffin pan.

I'm also thinking these will be GREAT for all those old PC recipes that called for using the Bread Tubes to cut things with!!!!

Great point, Cindy. I heard about not using the food chopper on the flexible mats, but can't for the life of me remember where I heard it. Makes sense, though.

babywings76 said:
I'm excited about the spice turn about, but...will I have the counter space for it? Right now I just double stack the spices on a turn table thing in the cupboard. I like the idea of the new holder, but fear it won't be practical for me. Well, I guess I'll just have to rework how I set up my kitchen. I do LOVE it for consultant use and taking it to shows. Lots of people have turnaround racks, so it's not like this is an unheard of type of holder. I can't wait to be able to see it in person.

I think it would still work great in a cupboard - maybe replace those old stacking trays or lazy susan that people use. - now they will stay put when you turn them making it much easier to find in the cupboard or on the counter!

raebates said:
Great point, Cindy.

I heard about not using the food chopper on the flexible mats, but can't for the life of me remember where I heard it. Makes sense, though.

Let's hope it says in the Use & Care Guide to not use the Food Chopper on them, otherwise I see another Stop Sell à la Metal Sheet Pans in our future.

I exclusively used flexible mats for years before becoming a PC consultant and used the chopper all the time on them. Ours could be of a different material. I will be trying it on the veggie mat and if I scratch up it of those that I have in my kitchen so be it - and I'll let you all know. I plan to have a separate set in my kit anyway.

I was told by one of the HO people at that display that the top layer of the flexibles are the same as our rigid cutting boards and the bottom layer is silicone. But I could see where extreme force - esp. when you've had a bad day at the ol' j.o.b. - could potentially cut right through.

chefa said:
I was told by one of the HO people at that display that the top layer of the flexibles are the same as our rigid cutting boards and the bottom layer is silicone. But I could see where extreme force - esp. when you've had a bad day at the ol' j.o.b. - could potentially cut right through.

I'm anxious to know what the final word is on this... because it seems to me that the chopper would be no more or less dangerous than using a knife directly on it. If it's a cutting board then it must be made of a sturdy material to withstand either one. ??

There's a lot of force behind the Food Chopper. Unless you're using your knife like they do in movies to remove the head of a large fish with one giant whack, you probably aren't using the same amount of force with your knives.

FedEx just brought my Director Benefit Package...here's what the Use & Care Guide says about cutting on the mats:
- Mat is intended for light prep tasks only. Mat will show cut marks. this is typical with material and is considered normal wear and tear.

Hope that helps.

DebinIA said:
FedEx just brought my Director Benefit Package...here's what the Use & Care Guide says about cutting on the mats:
- Mat is intended for light prep tasks only. Mat will show cut marks. this is typical with material and is considered normal wear and tear.

Hope that helps.

Why would I even want these then?

leftymac said:
Why would I even want these then?

People love them because they are flexible and make it easy to carry your chopped veggies/meat/etc over to another area or the pot on your stove. They'll be nice and lightweight, too. (great for taking to shows ;) )

It is annoying that it can't stand up to the force and sharpness of the food chopper, though. And does that mean we'll need to point that out at a show? Guess I'll have to still take along our other cutting boards.

It's just another great alternative for people I guess. :)

babywings76 said:
People love them because they are flexible and make it easy to carry your chopped veggies/meat/etc over to another area or the pot on your stove. They'll be nice and lightweight, too. (great for taking to shows ;) )

It is annoying that it can't stand up to the force and sharpness of the food chopper, though. And does that mean we'll need to point that out at a show? Guess I'll have to still take along our other cutting boards.

It's just another great alternative for people I guess. :)

It's hardly an alternative though if you can't use one of our most popular tools on it. I'd rather promote our regular cutting boards and two handy scrapers.

leftymac said:
It's hardly an alternative though if you can't use one of our most popular tools on it. I'd rather promote our regular cutting boards and two handy scrapers.

True, but I have some friends who love these and buy them from Ikea a lot. I wonder how we compete w/ Ikea's price and durability. IF it beats them, that would be a nice thing to be able to point out to people. I personally have used one once and don't like the feeling of cutting on something so thin, but I do go through lots of cutting boards at home, so having additional thin, lightweight ones might be a nice addition. Definitely not a replacement, just an addition. :D

I can see the Flexible Mats as a great tool for campers.

raebates said:
I can see the Flexible Mats as a great tool for campers.

Good thinking, Rae. They're definitely spacesavers.

You can still use the chopper if you use the cap. Most things I do with the chopper are done in the cap. If you have a lot to chop (like cabbage for coleslaw) you'll want to use the larger cutting board anyway.

I can't wait to get my hands on them!! Mine come tomorrow.

When I spoke to one of the representatives at conference, I told her how excited I was not to have to carry the heavy cutting boards and she told me the flexible mats are made for cutting and slicing with knives only. She said the chopper would shred it. Made me sad. I guess they can be left on the counter for quick cutting and slicing? Just have to keep lugging the large cutting board to shows to show off the chopper. :)

a mat-lovers two cents:I don't mind some cut marks on my ikea/wherever flexible mats. I like bending them to pour onions etc into the pot, and a with a scraper and board I always spill. And I love having another cutting surface. But..it alarms me that that rep said the chopper would shred it....but when I think about it, I tend to use the chopper on cutting boards,, not on the mats because it feels better. The chopping boards don't feel as hard as my counter, and I guess I think of the boards as protecting my counter from the impact of the chopper.yours,
Marghi

scavallero said:
When I spoke to one of the representatives at conference, I told her how excited I was not to have to carry the heavy cutting boards and she told me the flexible mats are made for cutting and slicing with knives only. She said the chopper would shred it. Made me sad. I guess they can be left on the counter for quick cutting and slicing? Just have to keep lugging the large cutting board to shows to show off the chopper. :)

Take a bar board instead. And use the others with the knives.

esavvymom said:

Now why in the heck didn't I think about that? You're so clever! (And I'm serious.)

esavvymom said:

Or use the cap that comes with the food chopper.

DebinIA said:

Hope that helps.

And guess what? It's on the COVER of the new catalog! :cry:

I don't see these being a big seller.

JackieB999 said:
And guess what? It's on the COVER of the new catalog! :cry:

I don't see these being a big seller.

Oh, it will be a HUGE seller! Many customers have these and have been asking when we're getting them. Ours has measure marks and a silicone bottom to prevent sliding around. They will L:love:VE them!!

JackieB999 said:
And guess what? It's on the COVER of the new catalog! :cry:I don't see these being a big seller.
Really? SECN has the bamboo round bowls on the cover of the catalog.Oh..nevermind. I guess you meant the minis. :)

leftymac said:

Seriously! I'm with you on that. I can just see a lot of customers getting upset/annoyed over something like this.

emiscookin said:
Seriously! I'm with you on that. I can just see a lot of customers getting upset/annoyed over something like this.

Customers will only get upset/annoyed if they are following your lead. It's a very simple thing to let them know that they chopper can't be used on these, but they are great for knives, and to use in the camper, or to take on a picnic, etc...then there is no reason for them to be upset, you are just giving them another alternative.

If you think and act in a way that will create annoyance and bad feelings on the part of your customers, then you will most certainly have upset and annoyed customers.

However - I don't believe anyone has seen the use & care card yet - so we don't really even know.

ChefBeckyD said:
Customers will only get upset/annoyed if they are following your lead. It's a very simple thing to let them know that they chopper can't be used on these, but they are great for knives, and to use in the camper, or to take on a picnic, etc...then there is no reason for them to be upset, you are just giving them another alternative.

If you think and act in a way that will create annoyance and bad feelings on the part of your customers, then you will most certainly have upset and annoyed customers.

However - I don't believe anyone has seen the use & care card yet - so we don't really even know.

Someone has. She posted earlier on this thread. They're for "Light Prep" only. Though, it doesn't say specifically that the Food Chopper can't be used.

leftymac said:
Someone has. She posted earlier on this thread. They're for "Light Prep" only. Though, it doesn't say specifically that the Food Chopper can't be used.

LOL...I don't think Food Choppers qualify as "light prep" though....Not when we ask "Who had a bad day at work today?" for the volunteer to demo it! ;)

I think they'll be popular, and YES there will be folks who use them as full-fledged cutting boards. That's where our job to make sure they are educated about the products (in a customer care call, etc) will come in to play. And then when they call you saying they cut the crap out of their nice counter top- you can say "I TOLD you so!"....HA- I'm kidding. (sort of!)

We know how much everyone pays close attention to those Use & Care Guides. :cool:

Again, I think you are all worrying too much about this! I was a flexible cutting sheet user for YEARS before becoming a PC consultant and the quality was no where near that of the mats I saw at conference (I get mine today!!). It was strange at first using such a thin sheet but it worked great - and ours won't feel as strange because of the colored borders and non-slip bottom layers. I never scratched my counter, my knives didn't dull, I used my chopper (though not for big jobs - I used my Large Grooved Cutting Board for those). My flexible cutting sheet did have scratches but have you looked at your PC cutting boards after using them awhile?

Again, if chopping a smaller amount like onions or nuts - USE THE COVER that comes with the chopper - problem solved.

BethCooks4U said:
Again, I think you are all worrying too much about this! I was a flexible cutting sheet user for YEARS before becoming a PC consultant and the quality was no where near that of the mats I saw at conference (I get mine today!!). It was strange at first using such a thin sheet but it worked great - and ours won't feel as strange because of the colored borders and non-slip bottom layers. I never scratched my counter, my knives didn't dull, I used my chopper (though not for big jobs - I used my Large Grooved Cutting Board for those). My flexible cutting sheet did have scratches but have you looked at your PC cutting boards after using them awhile?

Again, if chopping a smaller amount like onions or nuts - USE THE COVER that comes with the chopper - problem solved.

I think I'll just follow Beth around and agree with her today. :)

I also used flexible cutting boards before PC - in fact, I used them in my job as a Personal Chef, when I had to carry all of my gear with me from house to house. Mine were a set of 4 - red (meat) yellow (poultry) blue (fish & seafood) and green (veg & fruit). I used my chopper, my knives, my meat tenderizer (not PC) all on them. They were easy to wash and pack...and I cannot WAIT to use these in my kit! It's going to save me space and weight both...and I'm SOOOOO excited that I'll be getting two sets!

ChefBeckyD said:
... set of 4 - red (meat) yellow (poultry) blue (fish & seafood) and green (veg & fruit). I used my chopper, my knives, my meat tenderizer (not PC) all on them. They were easy to wash and pack...and I cannot WAIT to use these in my kit! It's going to save me space and weight both...and I'm SOOOOO excited that I'll be getting two sets!

I love knowing what I used on which mat. Another reason I love my current mats is that I can put 8 of them in the space of one cutting board in my cabinet. I just counted. I have 6 cutting mats, 5 cutting boards.
I love the idea of the silicone bottoms on the mats, it will be great when I get mine and they don't slip around.
Does anyone know if the flexible cutting mats are dishwasher safe?
Marghi

BlueMoon said:
I love knowing what I used on which mat. Another reason I love my current mats is that I can put 8 of them in the space of one cutting board in my cabinet. I just counted. I have 6 cutting mats, 5 cutting boards.
I love the idea of the silicone bottoms on the mats, it will be great when I get mine and they don't slip around.
Does anyone know if the flexible cutting mats are dishwasher safe?
Marghi

WHOOT! I JUST realized that my Director pack came yesterday! I opened it, pulled out the mats - and they are a great quality! Yes, they're dishwasher safe! I tried them on the counter, and LOVE the silicone bottoms - works great!

I see absolutely no reason why the chopper couldn't be used on them. Like Beth said, they are a better quality than the ones I've used in the past, and I used my chopper on those.

ChefBeckyD said:
WHOOT! I JUST realized that my Director pack came yesterday! I opened it, pulled out the mats - and they are a great quality! Yes, they're dishwasher safe! I tried them on the counter, and LOVE the silicone bottoms - works great!

I see absolutely no reason why the chopper couldn't be used on them. Like Beth said, they are a better quality than the ones I've used in the past, and I used my chopper on those.

Well, silly, if you have the mats, you have the Use & Care Guides. Does it say you can't use the chopper?

NooraK said:
Well, silly, if you have the mats, you have the Use & Care Guides. Does it say you can't use the chopper?

All it says is "mat is for light prep only" Doesn't say anything about NOT using the chopper.

ChefBeckyD said:
All it says is "mat is for light prep only" Doesn't say anything about NOT using the chopper.

Hmm... I guess we'll have to wait for the DVD.

What exactly does "light prep only" mean anyway? I mean ~ if you're getting a cutting board or mat out, you're going to be cutting stuff with knives and sharp objects! LOL

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Exciting New Products: Insights and Impressions from Conference Attendees"

1. What new products were introduced at the Conference and what makes them exciting?

2. Did attendees get a chance to see demonstrations of the new products and their features?

3. Can you share some of the feedback and impressions from Conference attendees about the new products?

4. What are the top features of the new can opener and how does it differ from previous models?

5. When will the new products be available for purchase and can we pre-order them?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
huskerlissa
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies