• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Protecting Interests: Thoughts on Running an Independent Pampered Chef Business

In summary, the conversation is about the policies and guidelines for independent representatives of The Pampered Chef (TPC). While they have ownership of their own business, they have signed an agreement to protect the interests of TPC and only sell their products at their shows. They are not allowed to advertise on the internet without permission, but are free to use printed materials and fundraising websites with permission. The group agrees that staying in compliance with the contract is important and that using other direct sales companies as an excuse is not acceptable. There is also a discussion about the use of newsletters and the benefits that the internet brings to TPC consultants.
amy07
So, in reading so much about people complaining about internet policies and such, and how we "own" or business I just wanted to voice my thoughts. Not that any of you really want to know, but for what it is worth:

Yes, we are the owners of OUR business. I take that to mean that I can do MY show how I choose. I am not a fan of complete interactive shows.
I do not like to play games at my shows. I sometimes will do 2 recipes, and other times I only do 1. Sometimes I do not even do a PC recipe, gasp!! (Thanks Janet for the PB Cup Trifle:D) I can do 1 show a week or 1 show a month - my choice. I can do daytime shows, evening shows, weekend shows, catalog shows, etc.

However, as an independent representative of TPC, I signed an agreement that states that I would protect their interests:
1. I would only sell their products at my shows
2. I would professionally represent myself and TPC, and abide by their guidelines to selling THEIR products.
3. I do NOT own the rights of any Pampered Chef materials. I may use certain property (logos) where TPC has deemed is appropriate and by the means that they (TPC) outlines.
4. If I violate these conditions, I may have the privilege of my consultant agreement revoked at any time.

Seems simple enough to me. Want to keep your nose clean and avoid potential problems - don't try to be sneaky and advertise ANYWHERE on the web. You can build a great business without it.

Yes, the cyberworld is the real world for many people, and connects/reconnects many people. But the reality of it is, it is up to TPC to decide when and how they want to use this resource. We do not get to make that decision for them. We do NOT own TPC. We are independent contractors by choice. If you do not agree with the terms, you can simply cancel your agreement at any time.

As a side note: I love having a newsletter service. I do not want to NOT have a choice if I am paying for a service. I believe that those who provide this service are NOT guilty of self-promotion or else they would not offer this service. This falls under a totally different category in my book. It is not even close to advertising on websites, social networks, etc.

Also, notice that I did not attack any one person or single out particular groups. so please keep this thread constructive.

How could anyone take exception to your post? It makes perfect sense.

Great post Amy! You explained it perfectly.

Sounds like you understand the policies pretty clearly :)

I too have no problem staying in compliance with the contract that I signed. If PC allows some of the things that we see other DS companies doing on the web, then we will be no better than some of the yucky MLMs out there - IMO.

I agree wholeheartedly, Amy. You expressed yourself well.

pamperedlinda said:
Sounds like you understand the policies pretty clearly :)

I too have no problem staying in compliance with the contract that I signed. If PC allows some of the things that we see other DS companies doing on the web, then we will be no better than some of the yucky MLMs out there - IMO.

Exactly!! Just like I tell my kids, "just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't make it the right thing to do".

You said it great! I completely agree with you!

I don't do games either thought I was the only one Thanks

and one afterthought:
Yes, I do pay for a PC website and yes I do actively advertise it: On all printed materials that I hand out!! I have NEVER put my website on the web EXCEPT on fundraiser websites that I have received permission from the HO to do so!!

Well said! Thank you!

You nailed it, Amy Girl!

I too agree with you! I will highly dislike not being able to use the newsletter of my choice if it comes to that. But in that event, I will take a look at what my options are at that time. I think you nailed it perfectly!

very well said, Amy!!

Very well said!! I am in complete agreement of your post!!

You go girl!!!! :d

You're welcome on the PB Trifle. ;)

We are also lucky to be able to benefit from the internet at all (with our PWS). There are some companies, Premier Jewelry is one that comes to mind, that doesn't do any online business. They want their consultants to do home shows only.

chef greta said:
We are also lucky to be able to benefit from the internet at all (with our PWS). There are some companies, Premier Jewelry is one that comes to mind, that doesn't do any online business. They want their consultants to do home shows only.

OH I know! I think you can't even view any products online...

amy07 said:
and one afterthought:
Yes, I do pay for a PC website and yes I do actively advertise it: On all printed materials that I hand out!! I have NEVER put my website on the web EXCEPT on fundraiser websites that I have received permission from the HO to do so!!

I agree, and me too. I have noticed it takes longer to get fundraiser approval though, anyone else?
You explained it perfectly, I think alot of us are proud to sell PC which is why we do it. I just don't see the harm is saying we do if we are not posting our website. I don't think I am the only one who feels that way.
I understand the policy,most of us do, we may not like it or understand why it is that way, but it is what it is.

I agree with your post, Amy. But I still think the internet policy--admittedly by HO not reveiwed since 2005 because "this whole internet thing is new to us" needs to be looked at a little more closely. No need to completely revamp it, but the internet has come a long way since 2005. But yes, we are a class company with a class act and we should keep it that way.

That is a great post, thank you.

1. How can I grow my business as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a consultant, it is important to consistently work on building relationships and expanding your network. This can be done by hosting cooking parties, attending vendor events, utilizing social media to connect with potential customers, and following up with previous customers for repeat business. Additionally, taking advantage of training and resources provided by Pampered Chef can help you learn new techniques for sales and marketing.

2. What is the best way to market my Pampered Chef business?

One of the most effective ways to market your Pampered Chef business is through hosting cooking parties. These parties allow you to showcase the products and offer a fun and interactive experience for potential customers. You can also utilize social media, such as Facebook and Instagram, to share recipes and pictures of your products. Building an online presence and networking with other consultants can also help to expand your reach.

3. How can I balance my Pampered Chef business with other commitments?

Being a Pampered Chef consultant allows for flexibility in terms of scheduling and workload. Set realistic goals and prioritize your tasks to ensure that you can manage your business alongside other commitments. It can also be helpful to delegate tasks and involve family and friends in your business to help lighten your workload.

4. What are some tips for reaching out to potential customers?

Networking events, social media, and hosting cooking parties are all great ways to reach out to potential customers. Additionally, offering incentives, such as free products or discounts, can help to attract new customers. It is also important to follow up with previous customers and offer exceptional customer service to encourage repeat business.

5. How can I stay motivated and enthusiastic about my Pampered Chef business?

One way to stay motivated is by setting achievable goals and celebrating your successes. It can also be helpful to attend training and conferences to learn new skills and stay updated on new products. Surrounding yourself with a supportive team of other consultants can also provide encouragement and motivation. Lastly, always remember the joy and satisfaction of helping others to create delicious and healthy meals with Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224