• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thought this would be a good insperation

D_Patel

Member
Jul 6, 2005
382
0
thread..... I personaly have not yet , but have any of you earned any of the trips?? If so tell us about it !! I think it will be a good insentive to get our butts moving for this years trips . I look at the numbers i need to sell and think no way , how can people sell this much ! I need to hear some true life stories to get me going!! Thank you !!
 

afshea

Member
Jan 6, 2006
70
0
It can be done!

You can earn trips!! Don't defeat yourself already! I earned two of the midlevel trips by sales alone. It is much quicker and helps alot to do plenty of recruiting to earn LOTS of points. That is what I'm working on this year. Between recruits and promoting to director....I will be lazing in Atlantis next year!
 

fruit76loop

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2005
1,159
0
Been there...will be there again!!

Wow! Earning trips was not one of my goals when I first started selling Pampered Chef 3 years ago. However, I have now traveled to Disney World with the Pampered Chef and will be flying to Vienna on March 20! Can't wait!! And I will be going to the Bahamas in 2007! :p They often say, once you earn a trip with Pampered Chef you will always earn a trip!

If you want a trip, you can do it! You just have to break down your goal and do what you need to! To earn Disney, I averaged 6 kitchen shows a month. To earn Vienna, I averaged 7 kitchen shows a month! Makes it sound easy doesn't it? ;) That is because it is! It is very attainable by anyone who wants it! And now that the recruiting points have went up, it will be even easier for those of you who are sharing your love for the Pampered Chef!

Disney World was amazing! :D I traveled with my husband, my 2 1/2 year old daugher, my 2 1/2 month old son, and my husband's aunt! We had a blast! To travel Pampered Chef Style is so different than any travel I have had before! :cool: You don't have to worry about your trasportation, your luggage or any of that! To see Julia's face when she got to meet Mickey, Lilo and those Disney Princesses made all of my hard work worth it! That little girl was one who loved the character's so much we had to pull her off so the next child had a chance!

The most amazing night was the night Pampered Chef BOUGHT OUT MGM Studios for us! We got red carpet treatment, free food, free face painting, and best of all short lines! My husband and I were able to ride multiple rides in a short amount of time, like Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Fear. They ended the night with a special fireworks show just for us...my daughter was amazed! It has been 9 months since our trip and my daughter still talks about it!

Here is a part of my interview that I did for Chef Success that applies to Vienna:


"When I attended Leadership in 2005 I set a goal for myself: I was going to earn Vienna and promote to Director. When I told my Director, she said “you can do it but you are going to have to work extra hard.” The reason she said this is I was 6 months pregnant at the time and she knew I was taking maternity leave for 2 months. Well…I decided that I was going to do it and tell everyone so!! I would have looked like a FOOL if I said I was going to Vienna and didn’t go!! In April I had my son and was already half way to Vienna. In September, I re-evaluated and realized that I had to kick it in the butt! I still needed 24,000 points which broke down to $6000 in sales a month. My husband said, “well at least you earned the 4 day cruise.” I told him we were going to Vienna if it killed me! I worked my business by getting on the phone and following up on those leads! Well, I earned Vienna by the beginning of November and I ended up with 76,000 points…12,000 over my goal! So ladies…and gentlemen…if you want it…GO GET IT!! Successful people do what unsuccessful people don’t want to! "

I am awaiting patiently for my "package" from the Pampered Chef to arrive with my plane tickets, luggage tags and fun stuff!! :D Even though we live in Wyoming, The Pampered Chef is flying us out of Elko, NV! You may ask "Why?" :confused: We are driving our children to my brother-in-law's house in Elko, then we will just fly out the next morning! I was so excited to learn that they will fly you out of where ever you want! That just amazed me!! I love this company!!

Wow, I am long winded! :eek: I just get so excited about my travel with The Pampered Chef!!
 

pchefinski

Advanced Member
Oct 7, 2005
664
0
Ohmygoodness, I'd LOVE to earn a trip through TPC. I am so dry right now in my business with the exception of one catalog show in March. I am talking to everyone I know, but nothing. I don't have the money to do mass advertising--I'm scraping the bottom of the budget barrel to come up with money for catalogs! I've done everything I can think of. And I'm so discouraged. (Of course, part of it is that my mom, sister and aunt who've all booked 2 very successful shows each since I started last year, are with their original consultant.. and though I know it's like impossible for them to be my hosts, I get bummed about it. My mom's last show -- $700! It just makes me sigh.) I started the year GUNG HO about earning the trip to the Bahamas. Two months into the year, I'm about to go inactive and can't see the light of a successful business at the end of this dark tunnel. My husband and I never had a real honeymoon, and I'd love to go to the Bahamas on TPC for a real one! Plus, is starting to doubt that TPC is right for our family, b/c it hasnt' brought us any income since December, no matter how hard I try or what I do. I feel like that Bahamas trip cannot be further away from me than it is right now. And every month that I'm not getting sales means that once I do start back up with shows and sales, I'm going to have to do twice as much. My family & current circumstances can only handle so many shows a month.. I feel like Eeyore.. :p with a lost tail. :( Any encouragement? I'm really wishing I felt like Tigger here people! :D
 
Last edited:

LindaK

Member
Feb 6, 2006
118
1
I'm new and all I can offer is to remind you to never say never. Take it one minute at a time and ask yourself, "What can I do this minute that will help my business?"

If shows are not your best option at the moment; leave your catalogs around or/and ask people if they are interested in the opportunity...

Don't get discouraged or you might phsych yourself out of the ball game. Keep setting your goals and hopefully you'll be reaching them in no time.

One minute at a time...
 
M

MicheleC

Guest
Chin Up!

I had a slow start this year myself after starting off last September earning all sorts of bonuses. Things are starting to pick back up now as people get back to like after the holidays.

Taking it one step at a time is definately good advice. Have you thought about having an open house and rolling out the information on the new product line?

What about approaching charitable organizations and schools about fundraisers?

Start talking to people you don't know! I got a booking from a lady at McDonalds while standing in line!

You never know where business can come from! Of course sharing the opportunity is a great way to earn extra points.
 

pchefinski

Advanced Member
Oct 7, 2005
664
0
Incentive Points Clarification

Okay so I'm kind of unsure of how the point system works. I know you get a point for every $1 in commissionable sales, and double in February (which is practically gone!). That I do understand.

But, I'm sitting here trying to calculate my show & sales needs per month to get to the Bermuda trip (I'm gonna go for it!). And I'm confused. For the lvl 3 Bermuda trip, the point chart says:
Consultant -- need 72k
Future Director -- need 70k + 2 recruits
Director -- need 68k + 4 recruits
2k -- per qualified recruit
3k -- promoting to director

So looking at those figures, if I'm a consultant that promotes to a director, does that mean that I'm at the 72k requirement, and get all the bonus pts for promoting to director and for the 4 recruits? If that's so, then it'd look like this:

Consultant - 72k requirement
- 4 qualified recruits = 8k pts
- promoting to director = 3k pts
= total pts remaining to goal = 61k

OR is that wrong and when I promote to Director do I get set automatically at 68k? Is the Director requirement for those that start out the year as directors? I'm confused; could someone clarify for me?

Side ? --- When do we have to have the points by? 12/31? or 12/1? I read somewhere about having to have them by 12/1 if you were going to use the promo to director 3k bonus or something.. at least I thought I read it.

Also, a quick clarification on what something on the incentive track chart says:
"develop a new director or above - 3k pts" -- does that mean one of your downline is promoted to director?

thanks, I appreciate it. I want this a lot!
 
Last edited:

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
4,488
0
pchefinski said:
Okay so I'm kind of unsure of how the point system works. I know you get a point for every $1 in commissionable sales, and double in February (which is practically gone!). That I do understand.

But, I'm sitting here trying to calculate my show & sales needs per month to get to the Bermuda trip (I'm gonna go for it!). And I'm confused. For the lvl 3 Bermuda trip, the point chart says:
Consultant -- need 72k
Future Director -- need 70k + 2 recruits
Director -- need 68k + 4 recruits
2k -- per qualified recruit
3k -- promoting to director

So looking at those figures, if I'm a consultant that promotes to a director, does that mean that I'm at the 72k requirement, and get all the bonus pts for promoting to director and for the 4 recruits? If that's so, then it'd look like this:

Consultant - 72k requirement
- 4 qualified recruits = 8k pts
- promoting to director = 3k pts
= total pts remaining to goal = 61k

OR is that wrong and when I promote to Director do I get set automatically at 68k? Is the Director requirement for those that start out the year as directors? I'm confused; could someone clarify for me?

Side ? --- When do we have to have the points by? 12/31? or 12/1? I read somewhere about having to have them by 12/1 if you were going to use the promo to director 3k bonus or something.. at least I thought I read it.

Also, a quick clarification on what something on the incentive track chart says:
"develop a new director or above - 3k pts" -- does that mean one of your downline is promoted to director?

thanks, I appreciate it. I want this a lot!
Hi Amanda!
Congrats on setting your sights on Atlantis!!! Hopefully I'll make sense as I answer your questions. You would need to promote to director on or by Dec. 1st to be counted at the Director level (68,000 points). You don't promote until the first of the month FOLLOWING the month that all requirements were met (having five qualified active personally recruited consultants). That's exactly how it worked out for me. Basically my fifth recruit qualified by the end of NOvember, so I promoted Dec. 1st. You can continue to earn points on sales (and points for any additional recruits who qualify, I believe) up until Dec. 31st. So, even though you're not a director now, but become one by Dec. 1st, you'd figure your points based on the 68,000 level. Does that make sense?

And yes, you will also receive 3,000 points yourself when you promote. The "developing director" bonus of 3,000 points is if one of your consultants promotes to director. Those 2,000 points you get for each recruit who qualifies really help! That's largely how I earned Level 2 last year.

So the calculations you did were right where you ended up with 61,000 points remaining, but you'd want to recalculate this based on the 68,000 instead of the 72,000, assuming you'll promote to director. I hope that all helps. Believe me, I got to know this incentive program inside and out last September when it hit me that I had a chance to earn the trip. It REALLY helps to break it down like you're doing. I say go for it!!!! At the very least, you'll notice your business really soar, you'll get a bunch of recruits along the way and you'll at least earn one of the levels. It's definitely possible!!! Good luck to you! :D
 

pchefinski

Advanced Member
Oct 7, 2005
664
0
pamperedbecky said:
And yes, you will also receive 3,000 points yourself when you promote. The "developing director" bonus of 3,000 points is if one of your consultants promotes to director. Those 2,000 points you get for each recruit who qualifies really help! That's largely how I earned Level 2 last year.

So the calculations you did were right where you ended up with 61,000 points remaining, but you'd want to recalculate this based on the 68,000 instead of the 72,000, assuming you'll promote to director. I hope that all helps. Believe me, I got to know this incentive program inside and out last September when it hit me that I had a chance to earn the trip. It REALLY helps to break it down like you're doing. I say go for it!!!! At the very least, you'll notice your business really soar, you'll get a bunch of recruits along the way and you'll at least earn one of the levels. It's definitely possible!!! Good luck to you! :D

So, let's say I promoted to director by dec 1st. I'd have to have earned the flat 68k pts throughout the past year, not including any recruit or director promoting bonuses.. is that right?

[thanks for the info becky :D]
 

lizcooks4u

Advanced Member
Feb 14, 2006
864
0
slow...trying too hard??

I"ve been in the same boat a few yrs back while in different DSA's I found when I stopped trying so hard people were calling me to book shows (by then I had gotten totally out of it) try to not try so hard!! Have Fun too.

HTH
Liz

Soothenrelax :cool:

pchefinski said:
Ohmygoodness, I'd LOVE to earn a trip through TPC. I am so dry right now in my business with the exception of one catalog show in March. I am talking to everyone I know, but nothing. I don't have the money to do mass advertising--I'm scraping the bottom of the budget barrel to come up with money for catalogs! I've done everything I can think of. And I'm so discouraged. (Of course, part of it is that my mom, sister and aunt who've all booked 2 very successful shows each since I started last year, are with their original consultant.. and though I know it's like impossible for them to be my hosts, I get bummed about it. My mom's last show -- $700! It just makes me sigh.) I started the year GUNG HO about earning the trip to the Bahamas. Two months into the year, I'm about to go inactive and can't see the light of a successful business at the end of this dark tunnel. My husband and I never had a real honeymoon, and I'd love to go to the Bahamas on TPC for a real one! Plus, is starting to doubt that TPC is right for our family, b/c it hasnt' brought us any income since December, no matter how hard I try or what I do. I feel like that Bahamas trip cannot be further away from me than it is right now. And every month that I'm not getting sales means that once I do start back up with shows and sales, I'm going to have to do twice as much. My family & current circumstances can only handle so many shows a month.. I feel like Eeyore.. :p with a lost tail. :( Any encouragement? I'm really wishing I felt like Tigger here people! :D
 

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
4,488
0
pchefinski said:
So, let's say I promoted to director by dec 1st. I'd have to have earned the flat 68k pts throughout the past year, not including any recruit or director promoting bonuses.. is that right?

[thanks for the info becky :D]

Sure, no problem! :D

The 68,000 can include points for anything...sales, recruiting, your own promotion, etc. :)
 

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
10,895
2
I will be with Angela and other lying on the beach at the Atlantis next spring.

You just have to break it down.

For me this year, I have to recruit 5 consultants and promote to director, sell $6000 through the wedding registry, and sell $3700 each month. TOTALLY attainable! I had $3400 for Jan and $4000 for Feb with two shows still collecting orders. I am signing my second recruit on Monday.

Break down your goal and you can do it!!
 
Top